Can you make wickless gels for air fresheners

Brooke

Hi Gel users,

I know nothing about the gel wax.

Searched the threads and Newbie info. link and I can't find a answer to my question.

I had a idea of making air freheners in containers ( like water crystals ) but I was thinking of using gel wax.

Could this experiment work?

I wasn't sure how strong of a cold throw gel wax can have. I see the Fo load is low.

Yes it works. I make car fresheners for my FIL for his truck out of gel. He loves them. I honestly don't think they are cost effective to sell. I make them in 8 oz tins he set them in a drink holder. They last a very long time.

Well they are so strong that in the summer my FIL only takes the lid off for a few minute right after he gets in his truck then has to replace the lid because it becomes to much. Now in the winter he leaves the lid off most of the time and you can smell it as you walk up to his truck but not so strong that you gag. In the summer they become over powering strong. I don't make them in a bunch of different scent I only make them in Rose, Tiger eyes, Lavender and Lilac.

You also have to consider since there is no flame so you don't have to worry about polarity, you can load them up a bit more with FO. I personally don't care about clarity for my FIL.

Yes it works. I make car fresheners for my FIL for his truck out of gel. He loves them. I honestly don't think they are cost effective to sell. I make them in 8 oz tins he set them in a drink holder. They last a very long time.

What is the best gel to use?

I use Penreco medium or high density mainly because they will hold a higher scent load and also I want them to stand up to the heat better. We very easily see well over 100 degree temps.

Thanks our temps are the same!

Hi,

There is a really nice website that makes the gel air freshener and candles. It is www.pebblecreekcandles.com Is that similar to what you want to do? I haven't purchased any candles, but I have purchased some ceramic/pottery items.. Good Luck!!;)

Hi,

That is something like I was thinking about. But I would like to figure out

how to make a freshener that doesn't rely on the sun or air flow to release the scent. I will just have to test to see how well they work.

Looking at the gel wax price ( it is much higher than I thought )

Thanks I am still pondering. LOL

Hi,

That is something like I was thinking about. But I would like to figure out

how to make a freshener that doesn't rely on the sun or air flow to release the scent. I will just have to test to see how well they work.

Looking at the gel wax price ( it is much higher than I thought )

Thanks I am still pondering. LOL

I guess what I meant was, not to have to set the air freshener right by the vent say maybe under the seat

Would that still have enough air flow?

I would recomment going as small as a baby food jar. I make them for all our cars. We learned this by accident. My grandson took a votive out of my bag. W put it in his drink cup, which fell under the seat. The car smelled like blackberry. My favorite candle. When I found where the smell was coming from. I started telling customers to take votives and do the same. I then made wickless ones in 4 oz containers. I used jelly jars and punched holes in them. Just make sure they don't tip over. During the summer it does get very hot in the car and will melt the wax. so I put the jar in a small plastic container under the car seat. tape up the holes if its too strong

I would recomment going as small as a baby food jar. I make them for all our cars. We learned this by accident. My grandson took a votive out of my bag. W put it in his drink cup, which fell under the seat. The car smelled like blackberry. My favorite candle. When I found where the smell was coming from. I started telling customers to take votives and do the same. I then made wickless ones in 4 oz containers. I used jelly jars and punched holes in them. Just make sure they don't tip over. During the summer it does get very hot in the car and will melt the wax. so I put the jar in a small plastic container under the car seat. tape up the holes if its too strong

Tape up the holes if its too strong/

That is the kind of freshener I like .

Where is the best place to buy gel wax.

All the prices I have found are really high.