Emulsified Body Butter

cindym

hi i didn't read through all of this so I apologize if someone else already made a comment on this. But I looked up the Liquid Par Optima and it says it is for lotions that don't use water, but this does. It is still ok to use?

That information is incorrect.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Raising this recipe from the dead to ask about oil substitutions. Can sweet almond oil be subbed? I'm just learning about oils and I'd like one that is more prone to soak in as opposed to sit on top of the skin. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

You can sub just about any oils you prefer, just be conscious about 2 things: 1) potential change to HLB and 2) shelf lives of the oils.

1) HLB determines the amounts and types of emulsifier(s) you will need to keep the blend from separating.

2) Sweet almond has a fairly short shelf life once opened (6-9 months). Short shelf life oils will begin to smell "off" more quickly than longer shelf life oils (such as jojoba or meadowfoam).

• 1 year later...