Fragrance Twins

AngelaVA

A lot of suppliers do buy the same stock fragrances from the same manufacturers. I recall a few years back being told by a supplier that a lot of TCS, Missy's and King House's scents were the same (she was quite amused that I preferred one supplier's fo over hers when it was the same fo, and yeah, it is pretty funny when folks fight over which one's better when you know they're the same). I'd imagine that would now be TCS, JS and Keystone with at least a handful of the same, to name some of probably many. If I'm all wrong, feel free to let me know!

Anyway, here are some more:

Magnolia Melba from Tony's, Summer Fling from BB and Mardi Gras from OT

Bayrum: OT & SW

Candy Corn: TCS, KS, CC, JS

China Rain: TCS, JS

Raisinbread, blahblahblah: WNW, JS, FOH

CC & Daystar: Vanilla Voodoo/Ultimate Vanilla

Twigs & Berries: NG, Steves

WNW creme brulee & NG's butter brickle - very similar. even yellows my soy wax the same way

Kitchen Spice - JS & Daystar

NG's Mrs. Claus Cookies and Day Star's Vanilla Bean Noel

adding: SC Watermelon = Day Star's Watermelon Martini

A lot of suppliers do buy the same stock fragrances from the same manufacturers. I recall a few years back being told by a supplier that a lot of TCS, Missy's and King House's scents were the same (she was quite amused that I preferred one supplier's fo over hers when it was the same fo, and yeah, it is pretty funny when folks fight over which one's better when you know they're the same). I'd imagine that would now be TCS, JS and Keystone with at least a handful of the same, to name some of probably many. If I'm all wrong, feel free to let me know!

WNW creme brulee & NG's butter brickle - very similar. even yellows my soy wax the same way

Hi Bette!

Welcome to the board!

I agree with you on many of these! I was curious about something----do you know of there is a similar scent to CC gooey caramel out there? I have found good replacements for many of their scents, but this one is a keeper!

Hi Bette!

Welcome to the board!

I agree with you on many of these! I was curious about something----do you know of there is a similar scent to CC gooey caramel out there? I have found good replacements for many of their scents, but this one is a keeper!

Thank you for the welcome, CC!

I love the ooey gooey, LOL! If Aroma Haven now carries Longwyck's Caramel, I think that would sub well. It's an awesome caramel in soy, IMO.

B

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great help so we don't buy duplicates...I bought a pound of NG's Frsh Linen and 8 oz of FOH's Clean sheets and they are the exact same scent......no difference what so ever..bummed me out because I could have bought a different oil from one place or the other..don't need the same scent from two different suppliers...now I have all this oil, and I don't even care for the scent...maybe I am just using to much oil with it...I use 1 oz pp in soywax..does anyone else cut back on this oil...also, I had ordered Northern Star?? oil from SFS and it was an apple jack and peel scent....another disappointment..but I have found so many other wonderful oils from FOH, NG, BCN, AH/RE that I shouldn't complain to much! Hope this helps......Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So this raises a question I've been curious about...

Are there formulas out there amongst the manufacturers of fragrance oils that they all use?

I thought about that when I heard of a number of different companies with the Monkey Farts scent. It's not a name like "rose" or something definitive, representing a known fragrance. Makes me think they have a list and the fragrances only differ if they adjust the "formula" a bit or if they use different suppliers for the fragrance components.

Strudel from Candle Science and Graham Cracker from Green Leaf smell exactly alike out of the bottle.

Wilberry Mousse from Candle Science and Berry Creme Brulee from Milcreek smell almost exactly alike. There is just a slight difference, and I mean VERY slight difference. Maybe one is just a bit sweeter in smell or heavier in vanilla.

adding: SC Watermelon = Day Star's Watermelon Martini

I was going to say Mrs. Claus Sugar Cookie and Vanilla Bean Noel too-- they are completely identical.

• 4 months later...
Strudel from Candle Science and Graham Cracker from Green Leaf smell exactly alike out of the bottle.

Wilberry Mousse from Candle Science and Berry Creme Brulee from Milcreek smell almost exactly alike. There is just a slight difference, and I mean VERY slight difference. Maybe one is just a bit sweeter in smell or heavier in vanilla.

JS Grammas Berry Griddlecakes is the same as CS wildberry mousse as well.