Dogwoods for a new beginning

Donita

Easter is almost here. A time for re-birth and a new beginning. This candle was a special request for a gallery that I wanted to be in for years. After having "the worst day of my life" two weeks ago, I prayed to St. Jude. Then God threw a brick at me and I listened (ouch!) and things started changing almost immediately. The gallery called and ordered all of my floral art candles. St. Jude found me in 1981 and helped me escape from a man who physically abused me for ten years. Many years later I found out that a Franciscan Monk, Father Brice, put a prayer card in my mailbox on a Sunday because he knew I was in need of help. My life started changing the very next day. I found the inner strength to change my life. I know that right now there is one or more abused women reading this. Abused women are on other forum boards I belong to. Forum boards offer a safe way to connect with people and a way to communicate when you are afraid to leave your house. I understand. The dogwood blossom is a sign of hope. The four petals are in the shape of a cross. The gold center represents the crown of thorns and the red berries are the blood of Christ. I knew nothing of Saints, but after researching St. Jude at the library I found that he is believed to be a cousin to Jesus. Nice to have on your resume. I am posting a copy of my original St. Jude prayer card. If this can be of help to anyone in need of a miracle then I have sent it to the right place. Peace. Donita

post-248-139458394195_thumb.jpg

I'm sure it will touch the hearts of many and open doors for many more. Your Dogwood candle is absolutely beautiful, as always and your description very apt. Congratulations on your gallery showing! I'm sure it will be a huge success!

Sheryl

Wow Donita.. I am wiping tears. Hun, you touched my heart and my soul with this thread. Thanks for posting. My ex hubby was very abusive both mentally and physically. I wish I would have read this years ago.. (((HUGS))))

Edited to add: Stupid me, I apologize for forgetting to say CONGRATS on the gallery and beautiful candles as always

Christina

Donita, congrats for the gallery, congrats for the beautiful work you do.

My heart is next to yours, I'm an abused woman too. Not physically, but mentally abused. So I know a bit how it can hurt. An I know the taste of liberty.

I always knew you had something special, and this is your strenght and love for life, in the way only a re-born woman can be.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I hope you can understand me anyway.

A kiss from far

Donita! As always you have made an absolutely beautiful candle...It was 9 years ago last month that I left my first husband, a physically and mentally abusive man. I always keep in my thoughts the many women who havent yet escaped and who are in need of help, they do need all the strength they can get. Thank you for this!Congratulations on your invite to a Gallery, that is soo awesome!

Well done Donita, on the beautiful candle, the invite to display in the gallery, the courage and the strength to take a big step from a difficult situation and the thoughtfulness to share with us all in the hope of helping others in the same situation. Your light shines in more ways than one. :highfive:

Donita,

Thank you for your willingness to share your heart and your hurt. I know that someone will seek help because of your inspiration. Domestic violence is destroying so many lives and it is time for all of us to open our eyes and join you and so many others in defending and protecting the victims who often go unnoticed.

My mother was a victim until she could take no more and fought back with a cast iron skillet upside my dad's head. He left and filed for divorce because he would not be married to a woman who would hit him. I guess that is why I never missed him in my life.

Also, your candles are always so beautiful! I am glad you have a way to express yourself with wax and that we get to enjoy it.

Blessings,

Don