Has anyone ever done this???

CranberryGirl

I haven't tried that recipe, but I have made a chocolate/coffee goat milk soap that I called Choco-Latte Brownie. It smelled great and sudsed just fine, but didn't appeal to customers. People would pick it up, sniff it, say Yummy!, and then put it down to choose a non-food scented bar. I even found that I didn't prefer it so when it was all gone I didn't choose to make it again.

It is a cool novelty soap though. :) Kids might like it, but I'd be afraid they'd try to take a bite! :rolleyes2

Thanks so Much!! My soon to be 15 year old son wanted me to make it for him..LOL ...He loves scents and thought Chocolate soap would be awesome..I just did not know if it was a good soap or not..U know teens with their Puberty thing going! LOL He has a clear face so far and I would hate to see him running into trouble! LOLOLOLOL

Hugs..

Thanks again

Tara

• 4 years later...
I haven't tried that recipe, but I have made a chocolate/coffee goat milk soap that I called Choco-Latte Brownie. It smelled great and sudsed just fine, but didn't appeal to customers. People would pick it up, sniff it, say Yummy!, and then put it down to choose a non-food scented bar. I even found that I didn't prefer it so when it was all gone I didn't choose to make it again.

It is a cool novelty soap though. :) Kids might like it, but I'd be afraid they'd try to take a bite! :rolleyes2

I have had the same problem with chocolate soap. I have a Banana one that I think is divine and everyone loves the smell but chooses something else. The only foodie scent people seem to like is Sugar or Vanilla. I haven't made a chocolate soap in ages. I had that problem with coffee soap too but think I'll try it again now that it's been few years but make a very small batch.

I made some soap with Chocolate f/o and cocoa powder for color, it did smell great, no one really went crazy over it. I ended up using one bar to make chocolate curls (they looked like tortoise shell) to put into a coconut milk soap bar (coconut f/o, too). It turned out really well and I got rid of one of the bars. The rest are still sitting with all my other soaps.

• 2 years later...

I've used chocolate in my Chocolatier soap and to be perfectly honest there's nothing different than just using a small amount of cacao powder in it and it's cheaper. A half teaspoon in an off white mixture will present the same colour after curing but granted, I did use couverture chocolate from Belgium which made it more annoying. I found it didn't sell as well either as the lotion bars I made containing chocolate. :)