Huh? What? Someone Try And Explain This One, Please

Quentin

This is a snip from the Candle Science checkout at the point where the customer selects a shipping method. Look at the statement highlighted in blue. I've read this over and over again and I can't make any sense of this one.:confused:  "Free" pickup at their facility?:lol:

image.thumb.png.22fa0e137630ff72cf8f96ce37941023.png

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Quentin said:

This is a snip from the Candle Science checkout at the point where the customer selects a shipping method. Look at the statement highlighted in blue. I've read this over and over again and I can't make any sense of this one.:confused:  "Free" pickup at their facility?:lol:

image.thumb.png.22fa0e137630ff72cf8f96ce37941023.png

Yes, LOL, at first glance I see what you mean. @TallTayl is right. They should have worded it something like Minimum order amount is $19.04 or > in order to qualify for free local pick up. Wonder why the .04 cents???

Edited by Laura C

5 minutes ago, Laura C said:

Yes, LOL, at first glance I see what you mean. @TallTayl is right. They should have worded it something like Minimum order amount is $19.04 or > in order to qualify for free local pick up. Wonder why the .04 cents???

The $19.04 is just a simple calculation... the number is how much MORE his current order requires to qualify the minimum for pick up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I think I shouldn't read the fine print anymore.  The last time I ordered from WSP, I spotted a line item that said "Donation" and it was for 20+cents ... okay, good, I donated!

That's to donate any amount that would round up your total to the next nearest $ amount, so it will never be more that $0.99.

They've done it for years. Most people don't even notice or realize it's there. It used to be automatically checked, that if you didn't want to donate you would have to unclick it, however, I think they got so many complaints they changed it. 

23 hours ago, TallTayl said:

They set an order min for local people who want to pick up.

uline did this to reduce the amount of traffic caused by small orderers. 

23 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Their minimum for a pickup is $50. Very reasonable.  On the low side, actually.  Saves a ton on jars and wax.

23 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The $19.04 is just a simple calculation... the number is how much MORE his current order requires to qualify the minimum for pick up. 

I've never been there before so I wouldn't know. I've never made a dock pickup at any candle supplier and likely never will because there are none located near me. Just off the top of my head, Candle Science is probably about 800 miles from where I live.  So frankly, I don't care what they charge.  I didn't understand what it meant, thought it was humorous and as @Laura C said, it is a little unclear the way it is worded.  I thought it was funny so I was just making an attempt at a little dry humor,  David Letterman style. I suppose I should have thrown in a whole lot of emoticons to make sure everyone here could easily understand I was merely making a joke. Maybe the administrators should establish a special humor section of the forum.:lol: <<<------ Emoticon denoting that I'm not :angry:.  I'd just like to learn :read: things here and still have fun whenever possible. :yay:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Quentin said:

Maybe the administrators should establish a special humor section of the forum.:lol: <<<------ Emoticon denoting that I'm not :angry:.  I'd just like to learn :read: things here and still have fun whenever possible. :yay:

Here you go...

Edited by Laura C
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I've never been there before so I wouldn't know. I've never made a dock pickup at any candle supplier and likely never will because there are none located near me. Just off the top of my head, Candle Science is probably about 800 miles from where I live.  So frankly, I don't care what they charge.  I didn't understand what it meant, thought it was humorous and as @Laura C said, it is a little unclear the way it is worded.  I thought it was funny so I was just making an attempt at a little dry humor,  David Letterman style. I suppose I should have thrown in a whole lot of emoticons to make sure everyone here could easily understand I was merely making a joke. Maybe the administrators should establish a special humor section of the forum.:lol: <<<------ Emoticon denoting that I'm not :angry:.  I'd just like to learn :read: things here and still have fun whenever possible. :yay:

Well, you did ask for an explanation so...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quentin said:

No worries Quentin,   You are just fine.   I understood the humor in it right off the bat.   I thought it was funny myself...

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Cool story bruh. 

By this logic when people start a topic with  “someone try and explain this please,” we all should assume it’s a joke. 

Sry not biting. 

:lol:That's a good one. When I went to bed last night I'd forgotten about this. I hope you slept well too. I woke up feeling great! I thought the job of a moderator was to moderate, not take sides.:icon_highfive: There I go again, not understanding how things work.:huh: Silly me. 

On 9/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, Jcandleattic said:

That's to donate any amount that would round up your total to the next nearest $ amount, so it will never be more that $0.99.

They've done it for years. Most people don't even notice or realize it's there. It used to be automatically checked, that if you didn't want to donate you would have to unclick it, however, I think they got so many complaints they changed it. 

I never ordered from them because they did the auto checked donation thing. It felt like a con.

• Like 1