Candle Science Pumpkin Chai

Jeana

I used to use their pumpkin Soufflé, but after smelling their new pumpkin Chai I'm considering switching. It has just a little more spice, but not too much. Anyone have any experience with the two to help me compare them, or want to give an opinion? The pumpkin souffle needed to be wicked up, does the pumpkin chai? Does it throw well? 

2 minutes ago, jerry said:

I just ordered some Pumpkin Chai and am just coming to the conclusion that the souffle needs to be wicked up. I look forward to testing the Pumpkin Chai. I also got some Cinnamon Chai for comparison :)

Let me know how your testing goes with the pumpkin chai, and the comparison tests. Pumpkin souffle sells really well, but I think it could be nice to have the hint of spice for a twist this year. I can't do too much spice it messes with my head too much. I can get migraines from a lot of cinnamon or clove. 

• Like 1

The Pumpkin Chai is nice.  I use 3 wicks sizes with my wax/jar/combo. For reference, Pumpkin Souffle takes the largest of the three (as does CS's Christmas Hearth).  Pumpkin Chai takes the middle size. Lighter oils like MacApple take the smallest of my three sizes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

The Pumpkin Chai is nice.  I use 3 wicks sizes with my wax/jar/combo. For reference, Pumpkin Souffle takes the largest of the three (as does CS's Christmas Hearth).  Pumpkin Chai takes the middle size. Lighter oils like MacApple take the smallest of my three sizes.

OK, thanks, that's good to know that it is medium to wick. Pumpkin souffle was one of the easiest scents I have ever wicked. Sounds like the Chai isn't going to be as easy lol. How do they compare on throw? PS has a super duper throw.

4 minutes ago, Jeana said:

OK, thanks, that's good to know that it is medium to wick. Pumpkin souffle was one of the easiest scents I have ever wicked. Sounds like the Chai isn't going to be as easy lol. How do they compare on throw? PS has a super duper throw.

They are both strong throwers.  Pumpkin Souffle has always been hard for me to wick.  I always get wimpy flames unless I use a bigger wick than I generally like.  Pumpkin Chai took a size smaller.  I use zincs.

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

They are both strong throwers.  Pumpkin Souffle has always been hard for me to wick.  I always get wimpy flames unless I use a bigger wick than I generally like.  Pumpkin Chai took a size smaller.  I use zincs.

If you are using soy, try HTPs. They hold up much better in harder to wick scents. I used to use an HTP 104 for a 3” container with 464. It was really nice. 

I just don

16 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

Just started burning the Pumpkin Chai from CS, and WOW, I'm impressed.  I get both the pumpkin and the chai spice, and it is a great hot thrower.  Definitely a top performer.

Good to know. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle the gingerbread type scent they put in it. I didn't expect that. I know the Souffle has tremendous throw even in some of the poorer preforming waxes. 

31 minutes ago, Jeana said:

I just don

Good to know. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle the gingerbread type scent they put in it. I didn't expect that. I know the Souffle has tremendous throw even in some of the poorer preforming waxes. 

Yeah the spice is definitely there.  Souffle may be better for a pure pumpkin smell.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, Sarah S said:

IMO, Candlewic has the best Pumpkin Chai out there. Super strong, creamy, spicy but not overwhelming, smooth sweet pumpkin...

I haven't tried the one from CS to compare, but CW's is really stellar. @GailC turned me on to that one, and she wasn't wrong! 😃

As a matter of fact, I just now made some CW Pumpkin Chai candles.  Man, oh man, are they strong!

9 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

So you like that scent Gail?   Ok, well, I have never ordered from Candle Wic.   I guess maybe I should give them a try....the shipping is horrible though.   I'll go and check it out again.

Trappeur

If you have never ordered, make sure you take advantage of any specials.  Like, join their email list and get $10 off a $50 purchase.  It's right near the top of the home page.

Just now, Trappeur said:

Ok, I'll do that....thankyou.

So since we use the same wax, can you give me some suggestions?    Please???? lol

Trappeur

I use 444 which is close to 464.  :) 

Here are some I especially like:

Black Tea Orange & Almond is also super strong.  I call it Tea & Cakes because I think it is the same according to the descriptions

Apple Cider Donut

Berry Tangerine

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread...highly recommended on this forum

Lemongrass Sage

Summer Fresh...out of season I know

Cranapple Spice

Pomegranate Cider

@Trappeur, I forgot Succulent Agave & Oakmoss...not a fall scent but I really like it.

My grandson and I like White Mulberry & Cedar but it didn't sell so well.  

Hot Butter Rum seemed weak until I burned it, and then it was really nice and strong and good.

Mulberry Spice is good too.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, Paintguru said:

Yeah the spice is definitely there.  Souffle may be better for a pure pumpkin smell.

All I can smell is the spice, no pumpkin :( It has a great throw though. It still reminds me of Hansel and Grettel's house. 

On 9/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, Sarah S said:

IMO, Candlewic has the best Pumpkin Chai out there. Super strong, creamy, spicy but not overwhelming, smooth sweet pumpkin...

I haven't tried the one from CS to compare, but CW's is really stellar. @GailC turned me on to that one, and she wasn't wrong! 😃

Interesting, I just grabbed a sample of this, so I'll have to make it up and compare it to the CS version.  My wife was a big fan of the CS one, but she's more into spicy scents than sweet/fruit scents.

• 1 month later...