What are everyone’s favorite candle containers?

7 minutes ago, Candle guy said:

For sure we love the punishment lol

True, but I have a wife and two daughters for that so I get a double dose. Clearly I need therapy, but I don't have time for that, I already go to therapy three times a week for my FO addiction.

• Haha 2

8 oz tins. I like them because you get a candle and dust cover, and can get by without any other packaging all in one homogenized unit. It also has a nice hefty feel to it which screams "VALUE" to the consumer.  Most of all, my label looks really cool on the lid.:rockon:

• Like 2

Forrest I feel your pain. I have a fiancée that came equipped with kids so I can relate somewhat lol. I am experiencing FO withdrawals when I am not candling lol. 

Quentin 

I do enjoy making tins and I love my label on them also hahahaha. I just have not made any in quite a while. I may have to revisit

• Like 1

I like the 10 oz dodecagon jars. 

Image 1

But I also use straight sided jars with black lids, and 8 oz jelly jars.  And White frosted jars.  And my customers are liking my latest jar that I got a good deal on at The Candlemaker's Store.  (sorry the photo is so large)

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 3

Tumblers are my go-to these days. I like how open they are. Sleek and simple. A variety of lids, dust covers, etc. Almost can't go wrong. The "playing it safe" option, IMO. Wishing I could find more of those frosted oxford tumblers that Peak had.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Forrest said:

Well I am a candle masochist, so I like tureens.  

Me too..a big masochist....I love the different look of the tureen and once you get your wicking down, put a great looking label on the product, it really is an eye catcher...but it was a pain in the you know what to figure out wicking in this difficult jar, that is for sure.

Trappeur

• Like 2

If I were not a candle masochist these are the characteristics I would look for in a container

1-Attractive

2-Glass

3-Has a lid

4-Straight sides

5-Not too deep

There are several containers that meet 2-5, so to pick my favorite it would be the most attractive of that group. Any container that has those characteristics should be relatively easy to wick and make a save and attractive candle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jenni Wix said:

Well put @Forrest

That kind of rules out some deeper cylinder glass containers I've considered.  Better for throw if it's shorter and wider anyway I guess.  I'd love the manufacturers to come up with some wider jars.  

Although I have no experience with them I've noticed people have trouble with deeper containers over heating near the bottom. 

• Like 1