Does all mica have shimmer? Any non-shimmer powder dye options?

Krickett

I bought some mica from WSP, I bought the sample pack and all the colors have shimmer. I’m looking to color non wax items with a powder color dye that doesn’t have any shimmer, are there any mica options? If not, any suggestions?

Edited by Krickett

Most micas have some shimmer to them.  You could try oxides or ultramarines.  They don't have any shimmer at all.  Wholesale Supplies Plus sell bath bomb powder colorants and they have no shimmer either.  Depends on what you are trying to add it to as well.

@Shari Thanks so much for the info. I did some googling as well and found out about pigment powder as well. I’m new to all of this so experimentation is the part of the game I’m in right now lol 

My focus is aroma ornies which I know takes liquid dye and crystal potpourri which I love how the powder dye and mica doesn’t fade when placed in a wax warmer like liquid dye was doing on me. I just didn’t want all my potpourri to me shimmery like the mica for buyers that don’t like shimmer.