Well this is just great

Forrest

Y’all have done it to me now. It all started with Trappeur and her Vanilla Champaign forcing me against my will to order from Nature’s Garden. So I search the board and then ask for recommendations, and boy do I get recommendations. So I whittled my list down to 17 sample size and only ordered the 8oz Vanilla Champaign because I would have to place another order. Well thanks to all of you my “hit rate” went from 15% to over 60%. Now I have too many FOs on the “Nice List” and a bunch more I need to try. I just don't know what to do about this; I am going to have to make a lot of candles. This is not a hobby, it’s an obsession.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

What were the hits???

I swear, I have ordered over a hundred oils from NG, and I fell like I've barely skimmed the surface. I love the names they choose for their oils, sucks me in every time. 😆 I definitely picked up Bitches Brew on the name alone. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

What were the hits???

I swear, I have ordered over a hundred oils from NG, and I fell like I've barely skimmed the surface. I love the names they choose for their oils, sucks me in every time. 😆 I definitely picked up Bitches Brew on the name alone. 😂😂😂

I can’t  remember all of them off the top of my head but the Bamboo and White Grapefruit is my favorite, not sure I’ll get good throw, but I love the scent, I want my office to smell like that. I think Caribbean and Tropical Blast were the fruit scents I liked and I really liked the Potpourri Spice. Black Raspberry & Vanilla was another good one. I need to hurry and burn through the 8oz of Vanilla Champagne so I can place my second order. I ordered a couple of designer fragrances that I rejected, I’m going to stop doing that, I never like them.  

• Like 2

I too have purchased over a hundred of their oils.  I have a lot of hits and some misses.  I'm getting ready to order some restocks (Vanilla Champagne, Perfect Man, Cracklin Birch, Mango Sorbet, OMG Olive). Also going to try Werewolf, Aloe & White Lilac, Apricot, Coco Mango & Bitches Brew.  I make soap and B&B not candles though.  I've not cared for a lot of their designer types.

Edited by Shari
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

Y’all have done it to me now. It all started with Trappeur and her Vanilla Champaign forcing me against my will to order from Nature’s Garden. So I search the board and then ask for recommendations, and boy do I get recommendations. So I whittled my list down to 17 sample size and only ordered the 8oz Vanilla Champaign because I would have to place another order. Well thanks to all of you my “hit rate” went from 15% to over 60%. Now I have too many FOs on the “Nice List” and a bunch more I need to try. I just don't know what to do about this; I am going to have to make a lot of candles. This is not a hobby, it’s an obsession.

Well Forest!   Once you become a FO Ho - always a FO Ho.....

I feel so sorry for you.....too many scents to choose from...lol, lol  And you need to try more?   God love ya is all I gotta say...

So did you come up with a name for your business for ALL THE LOTS of candles your going to have to make? lol

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

What were the hits???

And the pictures really suck me in too....

Trappeur

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Shari said:

I too have purchased over a hundred of their oils.  I have a lot of hits and some misses.  I'm getting ready to order some restocks (Vanilla Champagne, Perfect Man, Cracklin Birch, Mango Sorbet, OMG Olive). Also going to try Werewolf, Aloe & White Lilac, Apricot, Coco Mango & Bitches Brew.  I make soap and B&B not candles though.  I've not cared for a lot of their designer types.

I don't like designer scents at all and even manly duplications of scents either.   Each and everyone smells the same to my nose - they all smell like cologne.

OMG Olive is a good seller for me, of course Vanilla Champagne is also and another one that I sell from them to a shop in the area I live in is the one called Vanilla Pear.

It is really very very pretty and nice but a light thrower.   It's not that there isn't much throw  - it's just a light scent to begin with but so very pretty.   That Coco Mango sounds nice and I think I'll try that on my next order.   I've looked at Cracklin Birch quite a number of times, but there are only 3 reviews on it, not that that means anything....but I don't know...I have CS White Birch and it is wonderful so I think I'll stay with that one.

Trappeur

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forrest said:

This is not a hobby, it’s an obsession.

LOL, yes it is and welcome to the scent junkie club. I always go bananas :02: when I'm ordering scents and then I have to stop myself and come to terms with reality and my budget, not to mention the bewildered look I get from my husband. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Speaking of Nature's Garden, I have a little story.  

I got a PM from a potential new customer on Facebook.  She wanted to know if I could match some Candle scents from a company in PA called Candelle's.  I was not too hopeful, but I started looking and I found almost the same scent descriptions at Nature's Garden as the scent descriptions at Candelle's for Lavender Sage, Brown Sugar & Fig and Cabin Getaway, only NG's is named Christmas Cabin.  I was amazed that I found all three at one supplier.  (Saves on shipping).

So I told the lady I would order the 3 FO's if she was truly interested.  She was excited and grateful.  I got the scents in yesterday and the lady, who just so happens to live in my neighborhood, came over to smell them and she liked all three.  Whew!  Altogether she ordered $72 worth of candles I already had made plus the new ones I'm making for her!

So this time, it paid off buying particular FO's for a potential customer.

I also ordered one new scent for me, Carrot Cake.  It does smell very yummy OOB.  

I have about 57 NG Fragrance Oils now, and I do like most all of them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Well Forest!   Once you become a FO Ho - always a FO Ho.....

I feel so sorry for you.....too many scents to choose from...lol, lol  And you need to try more?   God love ya is all I gotta say...

So did you come up with a name for your business for ALL THE LOTS of candles your going to have to make? lol

Trappeur

Starting a business to feed an addition just doesn’t seem like a smart thing to do; but people do stupid things. And I have been thinking about names, but I haven’t come up with a good one yet. I won’t have much trouble getting rid of candles at Christmas, after that I may start looking for a way to sell enough to feed my addition and test the market.  

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Speaking of Nature's Garden, I have a little story.  

I got a PM from a potential new customer on Facebook.  She wanted to know if I could match some Candle scents from a company in PA called Candelle's.  I was not too hopeful, but I started looking and I found almost the same scent descriptions at Nature's Garden as the scent descriptions at Candelle's for Lavender Sage, Brown Sugar & Fig and Cabin Getaway, only NG's is named Christmas Cabin.  I was amazed that I found all three at one supplier.  (Saves on shipping).

So I told the lady I would order the 3 FO's if she was truly interested.  She was excited and grateful.  I got the scents in yesterday and the lady, who just so happens to live in my neighborhood, came over to smell them and she liked all three.  Whew!  Altogether she ordered $72 worth of candles I already had made plus the new ones I'm making for her!

So this time, it paid off buying particular FO's for a potential customer.

I also ordered one new scent for me, Carrot Cake.  It does smell very yummy OOB.  

I have about 57 NG Fragrance Oils now, and I do like most all of them.

Way to go Gail!:thumbsup:

Trappeur

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forrest said:

Y’all have done it to me now...my “hit rate” went from 15% to over 60%. Now I have too many FOs on the “Nice List” and a bunch more I need to try. I just don't know what to do about this...

That's still a low percentage. Get more fragrances lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2018 at 7:38 AM, Forrest said:

I bought from a destash. Today I got in NG Vanilla Champagne and it rocks! I kept sniffing it. It is awesome. Whoever had it didn't like it because it was a full 8 oz. new bottle. I'm excited and obsessed too lol got in 18 more fragrances today. I don't know how to stop. Quitting smoking 4 years ago was easier than not buying fragrances. lol and it was hard to do. This is fun though so keep buying. lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:33 AM, Forrest said:

I can’t  remember all of them off the top of my head but the Bamboo and White Grapefruit is my favorite, not sure I’ll get good throw, but I love the scent, I want my office to smell like that. I think Caribbean and Tropical Blast were the fruit scents I liked and I really liked the Potpourri Spice. Black Raspberry & Vanilla was another good one. I need to hurry and burn through the 8oz of Vanilla Champagne so I can place my second order. I ordered a couple of designer fragrances that I rejected, I’m going to stop doing that, I never like them.  

Well Hello Forrest!  Being that I love right down the street from NG I have smelled most of heir oils and have purchased literally hundreds.  

The Bamboo & White Grapefruit you will absolutely love and get amazing throw from that!  I use 2-3 different blends and it does well in all my wax!  You will also get great throw with BRV, Vanilla Champagne and the Caribbean!  All stellar FO's.  Vanilla Champagne is one that is so versatile, as it is a good blender but it's also a good stand alone FO.  LMK if your looking for any scents in particular.  😇

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 AM, Shari said:

Seems we have similar taste in FO's.  I too own all of the ones your restocking but I have to say their Mango Sorbet outperforms their Coco Mango in my wax. Its definitely not a dud, just not my top choice for Mango.  Werewolf is also AMAZING! 😇  Do you have any other favs from NG?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Well Hello Forrest!  Being that I love right down the street from NG I have smelled most of heir oils and have purchased literally hundreds.  

The Bamboo & White Grapefruit you will absolutely love and get amazing throw from that!  I use 2-3 different blends and it does well in all my wax!  You will also get great throw with BRV, Vanilla Champagne and the Caribbean!  All stellar FO's.  Vanilla Champagne is one that is so versatile, as it is a good blender but it's also a good stand alone FO.  LMK if your looking for any scents in particular.  😇

What do you blend the Vanilla Champagne with Marleigha?

Trappeur

8 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Seems we have similar taste in FO's.  I too own all of the ones your restocking but I have to say their Mango Sorbet outperforms their Coco Mango in my wax. Its definitely not a dud, just not my top choice for Mango.  Werewolf is also AMAZING! 😇  Do you have any other favs from NG?

I like quite a lot of their scents.  Peach Magnolia Raspberry is really nice, I like and have used  their Lilac, Indian Sandalwood, Passionate Kisses, Bite Me, Dragon's Blood,  Fruity Rings, Love Spell, China Rain, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Bamboo White Grapefruit (fades till gone in soap, nice in scrubs), Hummingbird, Nectarine Mint.  I know there are many others but that's my short list. 

Edited by Shari

8 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Thanks, that's good to know. I put a few drops of Bamboo & White Grapefruit on a cotton ball and used it in my car this morning, very pleasent drive to work. Trap got me started on the Vanilla Champagne, I'm thinking about blending it with a little orange and calling it a Mimosa. My wife loves the tropical fruity scents and NG's are the best I've found.

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

What do you blend the Vanilla Champagne with Marleigha?

Trappeur

Hi Trapp!  I love blending FO's. Vanilla Champagne is one of those FO's that you can just play with over and over again.  I have blended it with Orange,  Blackberry, Pomegranate, (also Sparkling Pomegranate Prosecco) Vanilla Pear, Cherry (but go light), Peaks Key Lime and believe it or not, I've also used NG Key Lime Pie!  And I actually like Key Lime Pie better than regular key lime.  Soooooo Good!    I will always have Vanilla Champagne in my possession.  😋   Ohh, almost forgot BRV mixed with it it amazing too!  Pretty much a lot of fruit FO's will blend nice with VC.  

Do you have any favs from Lonestar Candle Supply?   I know you love Bittercreek..... What are some of your favs from there?  

Edited by Marleigha

11 hours ago, Shari said:

I like quite a lot of their scents.  Peach Magnolia Raspberry is really nice, I like and have used  their Lilac, Indian Sandalwood, Passionate Kisses, Bite Me, Dragon's Blood,  Fruity Rings, Love Spell, China Rain, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Bamboo White Grapefruit (fades till gone in soap, nice in scrubs), Hummingbird, Nectarine Mint.  I know there are many others but that's my short list. 

I second what I said earlier even more now!  Lol The only one that I haven't tried from your second list is Lilac.  I have only used Lilac from RE & CC.  My favorite being Lovely Lilac from CC.  However Pink Lilac & Willow from RE is pretty darn amazing too!  Do you have any favs from Lonestar or Bittercreek?  Those are the next 2 NEW places I'm ordering from.  I've tried several oils from both just have never ordered direct from them.   If you need any suggestions from me feel free to ask.  I always like asking prior to placing orders because it helps me to choose.  

14 hours ago, Forrest said:

I'm thinking about blending it with a little orange and calling it a Mimosa.

Perfect!!!  You will love that blend!  Try blending pretty much any fruit with Vanilla Chamagne and I think you will like most of them.

The best way to "initially" test special blends is to use Q-tips.  Cut them in 1/2 and dip one 1/2 q-tip in Vanilla Champagne and one 1/2 q-tip in orange.  Put them in a small scent shot container and cap it for about 20-30 minutes and smell it and see what you think.  If it needs more orange add another 1/2 of a q-tip dipped in orange FO and let it sit for another 20 ISH minutes.  

This is how I work with my initial custom blends and it works fabulously for me.  HTH!  Lmk if your looking for some other blend ideas... I've got plenty.  And ALWAYS remember Forrest.... Happy Wife happy life!  😂💕.  So keep on making her those fruity blends.  😜