Bitter Creek North (New Scents)

earthfriendly

5 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

! I have had a lot of success with BC oils, they are one of my favorite suppliers.

I have never had an issue with their oils,even their closeout scents rock. They are my favorite with candlewic and candle science being my top 3

• Like 3

On 9/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, Sarah S said:

I saw!! They sound really interesting! I have had a lot of success with BC oils, they are one of my favorite suppliers.

I sure do wish they had come out about a month ago though, I've already got my fall lineup all planned out. 😣

Hi Sarah! Just wanted to see if you can suggest some of your favorite oils from BC?  I've not yet ordered directly from them but some of the ones I do own are pretty amazing!   TIA 😇

On 9/2/2018 at 1:30 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have never had an issue with their oils,even their closeout scents rock. They are my favorite with candlewic and candle science being my top 3

Hello @ScentedPleasurez. I've not yet ordered direct from BC.... Can you tell me some of the ones you have tried in wax and enjoyed?  So good to hear their suplusnoils are even good.  TIA!  😇

• Like 1

Using 464 wax here are some tried and true favorites over the years.

I also agree that their closeout are pretty darn good too.

Macintosh Apple

Butter Rum Allspice

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Northwoods Christmas

Blueberry Muffin

Strawberry Jam

Spiced Cranberry

Autumn Leaves

Country Berry Hotcakes

Hot Apple Pie

Dogwood

Lemon Pucker

Olive Blossom

Roasted Chestnuts

Smore's

Oh Christmas Tree

Yuletide

Very Vanilla

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Hi Sarah! Just wanted to see if you can suggest some of your favorite oils from BC?  I've not yet ordered directly from them but some of the ones I do own are pretty amazing!   TIA 😇

@Marleigha, we seem to have similar taste, so right off the bat I have to reccomend the Dreamweaver. It is very much a "hippy" scent in that it has beautiful soft floral notes, sandalwood, and a resinous base, but it's not heavy on the patchouli or Champaka. It's soft and dreamy and just beautiful in everything! @Hopie, if you see this, BC's Dreamweaver is THE BEST in incense!

BC has a lot of great fragrances, some I have tested in palm wax, but my experience is primarily with my parasoy blend of CBL125 and CBL130.

Food- S'mores, Cinnamon Raisin Bread (a close out, and soooo good!), Crushed Ginger (the most true ginger out there, IMO)

cologne/perfume - Stonehenge (really masculine and clean), Dior's Poison, Blue Sugar

Florals/fruits/herbs - Basil Nectarine (a close out, so strong and fresh! Heavy on the basil), Olive Blossom, Frost Bite (just like wintergreen gum, insanely strong)

Their close out florals are very nice, and a great deal if you want some florals for mixers.

For anyone who makes incense, BC's incense sticks are great quality, even the inexpensive punk ones. Also, their aroma beads perform very well for me, and I use their air freshener blanks.

HTH!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Can you tell me some of the ones you have tried in wax and enjoyed?

Dewberry

blackberry musk

blueberry cobbler

cabernet

Pomegrante lemonade,

Lemon pound cake

Cucumber aloe 

Ginger appletini

Hot fudge brownie

Smoke eliminator

Coconut bay,

china rain

Mountain lake 

Queen of the nile

Water blossom & ivy,

Bitterberry breezer.

I have a long list from them

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Using 464 wax here are some tried and true favorites over the years.

I also agree that their closeout are pretty darn good too.

Macintosh Apple

Butter Rum Allspice

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Northwoods Christmas

Blueberry Muffin

Strawberry Jam

Spiced Cranberry

Autumn Leaves

Country Berry Hotcakes

Hot Apple Pie

Dogwood

Lemon Pucker

Olive Blossom

Roasted Chestnuts

Smore's

Oh Christmas Tree

Yuletide

Very Vanilla

Trappeur

Those all look pretty amazing!  The Butter Rum Allspice, is it similar to a regular Butter Rum or is it different?  I have the Butter Rum from NG... Not sure if it's similar.  

Their roasted chestnuts... What would you say this one smells like?  I have chestnuts and brown sugar from NG and to my nose it smells kinda cherry(ish)  it would be nice to have a normal nut fragrance.  😇 

8 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Marleigha, we seem to have similar taste, so right off the bat I have to reccomend the Dreamweaver. It is very much a "hippy" scent in that it has beautiful soft floral notes, sandalwood, and a resinous base, but it's not heavy on the patchouli or Champaka. It's soft and dreamy and just beautiful in everything! @Hopie, if you see this, BC's Dreamweaver is THE BEST in incense!

BC has a lot of great fragrances, some I have tested in palm wax, but my experience is primarily with my parasoy blend of CBL125 and CBL130.

Food- S'mores, Cinnamon Raisin Bread (a close out, and soooo good!), Crushed Ginger (the most true ginger out there, IMO)

cologne/perfume - Stonehenge (really masculine and clean), Dior's Poison, Blue Sugar

Florals/fruits/herbs - Basil Nectarine (a close out, so strong and fresh! Heavy on the basil), Olive Blossom, Frost Bite (just like wintergreen gum, insanely strong)

Their close out florals are very nice, and a great deal if you want some florals for mixers.

For anyone who makes incense, BC's incense sticks are great quality, even the inexpensive punk ones. Also, their aroma beads perform very well for me, and I use their air freshener blanks.

HTH!

Hi Sarah!  Thank you for the suggestions.  I appreciate you all so much!  I actually do have Dramweaver and Stonehenge in my cart as well as Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Frostbite and Basil Nectarine.  

Now for the Cinnamon Raisin Bread..... Is it heavy on the Cinnamon?  I have CS Cinnamon Buns is it the same?  

And then for the Frostbite.... I have Spearmint from JS.... Is it like a Spearmint FO?  

Lastly that Olive Blossom just sounds good.  I went to read the description but what do you pick up from it?  That one sounds like a must have!  I'm also going to pick up their Snowberry as I smelled it and it's one of my husbands favorites from Scentsy.... Have you tried it?  

7 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Dewberry

blackberry musk

blueberry cobbler

cabernet

Pomegrante lemonade,

Lemon pound cake

Cucumber aloe 

Ginger appletini

Hot fudge brownie

Smoke eliminator

Coconut bay,

china rain

Mountain lake 

Queen of the nile

Water blossom & ivy,

Bitterberry breezer.

I have a long list from them

China Rain-  Are you the one who said this is your favorite Rain scent?

Ginger Appletini- Hmm... Sounds interesting.... 

Water Blossom & Ivy- Thisnone sounds FAB!  

Blackberry Musk- Can you smell both the Musk and the Blackberry?

Blueberry Cobbler-  Have you tried their Blueberry Muffin?  I have that own and love it!  How do they compare to one another?  

Has anyone tried their Rice Flower & Shea?

How about their Violet & Birch or Tropical Bloom?  Also I noticed they have a Magnolia and Southern Magnolia.... Has anyone tried either of these?  TIA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marleigha said:

China Rain-  Are you the one who said this is your favorite Rain scent?

Ginger Appletini- Hmm... Sounds interesting.... 

Water Blossom & Ivy- Thisnone sounds FAB!  

Blackberry Musk- Can you smell both the Musk and the Blackberry?

Blueberry Cobbler-  Have you tried their Blueberry Muffin?  I have that own and love it!  How do they compare to one another?  

Has anyone tried their Rice Flower & Shea?

How about their Violet & Birch or Tropical Bloom?  Also I noticed they have a Magnolia and Southern Magnolia.... Has anyone tried either of these?  TIA

YES! To china rain, its my favorite rain.

Yes to rice flower and shea i have tried it. Its a lighter fragrance but throws well

Blackberry musk to me you smell more blackberry

I have not tried their blueberry muffin. The blueberry cobbler sells out everytime i get it. 😁thank you for the recommendation, i am currently working on a cart with bc.

Violet & birch is a favorite floral of mine on their surplus list. Its really strong. I used it in candles,and air freshener

Tropical bloom, i have had it. Didnt get as often as the others but what doesnt move well for me might be different for you.

Funny you mentioned magnolia, tracy text me earlier wanting to know if i could get this one again. Its not a favorite of mine but only because im not a huge floral person. If tracy likes it its good.lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

YES! To china rain, its my favorite rain.

Yes to rice flower and shea i have tried it. Its a lighter fragrance but throws well

Blackberry musk to me you smell more blackberry

I have not tried their blueberry muffin. The blueberry cobbler sells out everytime i get it. 😁thank you for the recommendation, i am currently working on a cart with bc.

Violet & birch is a favorite floral of mine on their surplus list. Its really strong. I used it in candles,and air freshener

Tropical bloom, i have had it. Didnt get as often as the others but what doesnt move well for me might be different for you.

Funny you mentioned magnolia, tracy text me earlier wanting to know if i could get this one again. Its not a favorite of mine but only because im not a huge floral person. If tracy likes it its good.lol. 

Well good morning @ScentedPleasurez   Oh okay... now what one did you purchase, Magnolia or the Southern Magnolia?  

Also so for the Tropical Bloom was it a strong one?  What exactly did you smell OOB and then in wax with this one.  So good to know about Violet & Birch.... excited to try it!  I will also have to try the rice flower & Shea.... as long as it throws well I'm okay with light.  But yes the Blueberry Muffin from BC is out of this world in my wax.  I use a parasol blend and it's fantastic!  Any others from the surplus that you love?  Here's a few others I would like to ask about:

Coastal Redwood

Fresh Squeezed Oranges

Shampoo

Orange Delight 

Sleighbells

Autumn Warmth

Strawberry Cheesecake

Lotus Blossom

Sandalwood Vanilla- in need a a great Sandalwood Vanilla 

Fresh Baked Bread 

Carrot Cake 

Leather- I think I heard from someone else that they have a fab leather...

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Well good morning @ScentedPleasurez   Oh okay... now what one did you purchase, Magnolia or the Southern Magnolia?  

Also so for the Tropical Bloom was it a strong one?  What exactly did you smell OOB and then in wax with this one.  So good to know about Violet & Birch.... excited to try it!  I will also have to try the rice flower & Shea.... as long as it throws well I'm okay with light.  But yes the Blueberry Muffin from BC is out of this world in my wax.  I use a parasol blend and it's fantastic!  Any others from the surplus that you love?  Here's a few others I would like to ask about:

Coastal Redwood

Fresh Squeezed Oranges

Shampoo

Orange Delight 

Sleighbells

Autumn Warmth

Strawberry Cheesecake

Lotus Blossom

Sandalwood Vanilla- in need a a great Sandalwood Vanilla 

Fresh Baked Bread 

Carrot Cake 

Leather- I think I heard from someone else that they have a fab leather..

Good morning @Marleigha 😊i purchaeed the magnolia,and i am not to good describing the florals lol,but Tropical bloom is not anything tropical imo once waxed it calmed it down a bit Alot of florals give me a headache that was one as well as the lotus blossom.

I havent tried any of the others that you have listed.

Orange delight i used the dreamsicle

As far as other surplus i dont think you could go wrong with any that you decide to go with.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Those all look pretty amazing!  The Butter Rum Allspice, is it similar to a regular Butter Rum or is it different?  I have the Butter Rum from NG... Not sure if it's similar.  

Their roasted chestnuts... What would you say this one smells like?  I have chestnuts and brown sugar from NG and to my nose it smells kinda cherry(ish)  it would be nice to have a normal nut fragrance.  😇 

Butter Rum Allspice is a very rich buttery rum scent that I could just drink.   I don't pickup much of the sandalwood in the scent though.

Here is BC's description:

Warm vanilla, buttered rum and sensual sandalwood are combined with accents of allspice in this comforting scent.

Roasted Chestnuts doesn't have any brown sugar in it that I detect.   It to me is a more earthy scent but very nice and sells quite well.

I over the years switched over to Community Candles Chestnuts and Brown Sugar as it was a sweet scent but very rich.

Now Just Scent has a Chestnuts and Brown sugar that most love as another alternative for a chestnuts & brown sugar which too is a rich and gooey scent in my opinion.

Here is BC;s description on Roasted Chestnuts:

A glorious combination of honeyed chestnuts and warm spices. One of our most edible smelling fragrances... a must try!

Here is Just Scent's Description 

CHESTNUTS AND BROWN SUGAR FRAGRANCE OIL - 1 LB

bestseller.jpg
JUST SCENT CHESTNUTS AND BROWN SUGAR Fragrance Oil - OUR VERY BEST SELLER!  A JS EXCLUSIVE!  Many have copied this oil, but the original formulation is all ours.  This scent is hard to describe, very sweet, very rich and buttery.  Very strong and rich. This scent has such a rich, wonderful warm baking smell that hugs you with warm memories of freshly baked goodies from days gone by.  A delicious blend of caramel and rich maple combined with chestnuts in a buttery cream base.  If you want the BEST, we have the original!

Here is Community Candles Description:

I just noticed that they rename their chestnuts to Butterscotch also.....very interesting.

Actually Community Candle does that to a lot of their fragrances.

Like Christmas tree and Balsam fir are one in the same.  Well it certainly isn't a Balsam Fir that is for sure, but it is a wonderful plain pine tree that I love and order also. 

Deep rich sugary vanilla poured over warm roasted Chestnuts. This fragrance is also sold as Butterscotch.

Here is Natures Garden Description:

I have never tried Natures Garden Chestnuts Brown Sugar

CHESTNUT BROWN SUGAR FRAGRANCE OIL

This fragrance oil by Natures Garden is a succulent aroma that is reminiscent of fall time with top notes of caramel, brown sugar, nutty characters, maple, and butter; followed by powdery middle notes; sitting on a fresh, full-bodied base note of chestnut. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:58 AM, Sarah S said:

HTH!

Thank you for the Dreamweaver suggestion, I truly must try it! We've moved on back to Havasu, so it's extremely HOT here still...it's been 105 plus...so, I'm working in this season's incense right now (MUCH too hot for wax melting!). I'm buried in Sage, Kush, Sandalwood and Vanilla right now. My incense supplier was out of my Cherry, so I guess I'll just add it to my next order so I can load up...we do several events in Sept/Oct, before we move on to Quartzsite for our "7 days a week till 5 pm selling extravaganza" in Dec/Jan/Feb.

Oh, and I do want to suggest the Sandalwood Classic for incense at: www.thecommonscents.com, it's a wonderful Sandalwood for incense :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hopie said:

Oh, and I do want to suggest the Sandalwood Classic for incense at: www.thecommonscents.com, it's a wonderful Sandalwood for incense :)

Thanks, I will check that out for sure!

Do you have a favorite supplier for Vanilla for incense? The one I'm using right now is from NG, and it's ok, but I feel like there has got to be something better out there. 🤓

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you, I love your profile pic! ❤️😁

On September 5, 2018 at 5:34 PM, Marleigha said:

Hi Sarah!  Thank you for the suggestions.  I appreciate you all so much!  I actually do have Dramweaver and Stonehenge in my cart as well as Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Frostbite and Basil Nectarine.  

Now for the Cinnamon Raisin Bread..... Is it heavy on the Cinnamon?  I have CS Cinnamon Buns is it the same?  

And then for the Frostbite.... I have Spearmint from JS.... Is it like a Spearmint FO?  

Lastly that Olive Blossom just sounds good.  I went to read the description but what do you pick up from it?  That one sounds like a must have!  I'm also going to pick up their Snowberry as I smelled it and it's one of my husbands favorites from Scentsy.... Have you tried it?  

The Cinn Raisin Bread is not like Cinn Buns at all. Well, they're similar, but I smell the raisins, the butter, the bread, and the cinnamon in the Raisin Bread, and the notes are very realistic. The raisins make all the difference, IMO. But I do like how Raisin Bread and Cinnamon Bun compliment each other, and with my open floor plan I will burn both at the same time. I think I like the Raisin Bread more than the Cinn Bun because the cinnamon is less overwhelming.

Frostbite is just like Wintergreen gum. It's minty, but sweet, and it's totally different from Spearmint. But I like to blend them, and it is wonderful!! Frostbite is one that I love, but in smallishes doses. It's super strong. I predict it will take me a couple years to go through the pound. 😆

Olive Blossom is a soft floral to my nose. Subtle, a little woody, it's a nice floral for people who don't like florals (IMO).

I have never tried their Strawberry, sorry!

• Thanks 1

Do any of you have experience with their body spray base, shower gel base, and any lotions or creams they have?  I am thinking on trying some of those new scents but need some of these other things too, and it would be nice to get everything from one place and not have to pay shipping all over again somewhere else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Thanks, I will check that out for sure!

Do you have a favorite supplier for Vanilla for incense? The one I'm using right now is from NG, and it's ok, but I feel like there has got to be something better out there. 🤓

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you, I love your profile pic! ❤️😁

I use the Very Vanilla and I mix my own "Egyptian Vanilla" by mixing Egyptian Musk with Very Vanilla (50/50). The "Very" is a sweeter scent, of course, while the "Egyptian Vanilla" has a more muted, dreamy vanilla scent. They both sell well. I buy almost all of my incense scents from www.thecommonscents.com, they're quite good. The Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is also a more muted, smokey scent, so you may want to try that? Their "Kush" scent for incense is amazing! You can rename it if you wish, but it's an awesome scent. I do not buy their Frankincense & Myrrh, as it's very weak. I now really like Flaming's F&M, and will be using theirs for incense as soon as I get some more DPG. I was seeking a more "resiny" F&M, but fell in love with FC's. 

The mix on The Common Scents oils is one 16 oz DPG to one 16 oz fragrance oil. Since they already contain DPG, they are not good for candle making. I did contact them and asked if I could purchase the Sandalwood with NO DPG in it, and they never did respond (I took that as a "no", lol), thus, I only use them for incense and roll on body oils, which I carry about 300 scents of their body oils. Those "smalls" can really make a difference in sales. No one else sells the body oils at our marketplaces, so I'm glad about that. I bottle them myself using the roll-on 1/3 oz bottles, and I charge only $5 per. 

Yeah, I finally decided to put a "face to my name", lol! I've got the hair all cut off for summer, and only grow it in winter.

It's another day of 105 degrees here in Havasu, we got back last Friday, so no wax melting unless I plan on working "late night", which I may do next week. Still testing wicks for that ProBlend 600, and just got smaller wicks to try, I'm testing ECO wicks with it, even though the zinc may be a better option, I hate the mushrooming and stink when you blow them out, lol.

Edited by Hopie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sarah S said:

The Cinn Raisin Bread is not like Cinn Buns at all. Well, they're similar, but I smell the raisins, the butter, the bread, and the cinnamon in the Raisin Bread, and the notes are very realistic. The raisins make all the difference, IMO. But I do like how Raisin Bread and Cinnamon Bun compliment each other, and with my open floor plan I will burn both at the same time. I think I like the Raisin Bread more than the Cinn Bun because the cinnamon is less overwhelming.

Frostbite is just like Wintergreen gum. It's minty, but sweet, and it's totally different from Spearmint. But I like to blend them, and it is wonderful!! Frostbite is one that I love, but in smallishes doses. It's super strong. I predict it will take me a couple years to go through the pound. 😆

Olive Blossom is a soft floral to my nose. Subtle, a little woody, it's a nice floral for people who don't like florals (IMO).

I have never tried their Strawberry, sorry!

Wow!  You describe things so well!!!!  Thank you for that.  The Cinnamon Raisin Bread is DEFINITELY going to stay in my cart now.  I added the Olive Blossom that you and Trapp suggested.  

Ohhhh... What about their fresh baked bread?  I am ISO a really good fresh baked bread FO as well as a soft pretzel FO.   

The Dior Poison... Is that a perfumey kinda smell?  I think being that you love that one I will also end up adding it.  But yah please lmk about the bread FO.  Thanks again Sarah!!!  😇

11 hours ago, Hopie said:

I use the Very Vanilla and I mix my own "Egyptian Vanilla" by mixing Egyptian Musk with Very Vanilla (50/50). The "Very" is a sweeter scent, of course, while the "Egyptian Vanilla" has a more muted, dreamy vanilla scent. They both sell well. I buy almost all of my incense scents from www.thecommonscents.com, they're quite good. The Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is also a more muted, smokey scent, so you may want to try that? Their "Kush" scent for incense is amazing! You can rename it if you wish, but it's an awesome scent. I do not buy their Frankincense & Myrrh, as it's very weak. I now really like Flaming's F&M, and will be using theirs for incense as soon as I get some more DPG. I was seeking a more "resiny" F&M, but fell in love with FC's. 

The mix on The Common Scents oils is one 16 oz DPG to one 16 oz fragrance oil. Since they already contain DPG, they are not good for candle making. I did contact them and asked if I could purchase the Sandalwood with NO DPG in it, and they never did respond (I took that as a "no", lol), thus, I only use them for incense and roll on body oils, which I carry about 300 scents of their body oils. Those "smalls" can really make a difference in sales. No one else sells the body oils at our marketplaces, so I'm glad about that. I bottle them myself using the roll-on 1/3 oz bottles, and I charge only $5 per. 

Yeah, I finally decided to put a "face to my name", lol! I've got the hair all cut off for summer, and only grow it in winter.

It's another day of 105 degrees here in Havasu, we got back last Friday, so no wax melting unless I plan on working "late night", which I may do next week. Still testing wicks for that ProBlend 600, and just got smaller wicks to try, I'm testing ECO wicks with it, even though the zinc may be a better option, I hate the mushrooming and stink when you blow them out, lol.

Hi Hopie!  The Egyptian Vanilla sounds beautiful!  If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your Egyptian Musk from?

So the common scents oils are already premixed with 8 oz of DPG & 8 oz of FO?  I'm not 100% sure I followed that correctly.  I apologize.   TIA!  😇