How long would you expect a wickless product to last to consider repurchasing?

Krickett

How long would you expect wickless items you purchased to last before you have to refresh or replace for an average sized room?

ETA: Sorry I guess I should clarify, wickless meaning items that are wax melts...so I probably should’ve said waxless lol

Edited by Krickett

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how I'm burning it. If I'm burning straight through without turning the burner off, I expect it to last at least all day - meaning 10-12 hours with a consistent throw. If I'm turning off/on off/on, I expect it to last at least 24 hours (turning it off/on every 2-3 hours or so) 

I hope I'm making sense. It makes sense in my head, but I realize sometimes I don't come across verbally the way I intend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2018 at 2:47 PM, Jcandleattic said:

Depends on how I'm burning it. If I'm burning straight through without turning the burner off, I expect it to last at least all day - meaning 10-12 hours with a consistent throw. If I'm turning off/on off/on, I expect it to last at least 24 hours (turning it off/on every 2-3 hours or so) 

I hope I'm making sense. It makes sense in my head, but I realize sometimes I don't come across verbally the way I intend. 

It makes perfect sense. This is exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for.

As a sniff-a-holic I'd like an everlasting gobstopper (Willy Wonka reference) of fragrance lol

For the home, realistically I'd like something to last an entire day continuously, ideally 2-3 days and ultimately a week (wishful thinking lol)

For car fresheners, most people go awhile changing their freshener long after the scent is gone but it'd be nice for something to last more than a week. Changing it out/refreshing something twice a month would that be a realistic ask/want?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krickett said:

It makes perfect sense. This is exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for.

As a sniff-a-holic I'd like an everlasting gobstopper (Willy Wonka reference) of fragrance lol

For the home, realistically I'd like something to last an entire day continuously, ideally 2-3 days and ultimately a week (wishful thinking lol)

For car fresheners, most people go awhile changing their freshener long after the scent is gone but it'd be nice for something to last more than a week. Changing it out/refreshing something twice a month would that be a realistic ask/want?

Idk, after a day or two, I want a new fragrance. When melting tarts, I mean. I think 24-48 hours of fragrance is more than enough for most people. I usually change fragrances in my warmer every day or every other day regardless if it is totally spent, but since I'm swimming in FO I guess I don't feel the need to be thrifty, lol.

The aroma bead ornies I use in my car last a month, easy. The cardboard blanks are more like a couple weeks, but it's easy enough to make a spray to refresh those. Which reminds me, I need to refresh my husband's. 😄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Idk, after a day or two, I want a new fragrance. When melting tarts, I mean. I think 24-48 hours of fragrance is more than enough for most people. I usually change fragrances in my warmer every day or every other day regardless if it is totally spent, but since I'm swimming in FO I guess I don't feel the need to be thrifty, lol.

The aroma bead ornies I use in my car last a month, easy. The cardboard blanks are more like a couple weeks, but it's easy enough to make a spray to refresh those. Which reminds me, I need to refresh my husband's. 😄

Look at the perspectives lol A scent loyalist and a scent hopper!! 😂😂😂

Your perspective lets me know that I'm ok with what I'm testing out. Ornies and solar salt. If I have a buyer who likes to change out scents frequently or not often at all, it all works out 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

I like a different scent a few times a day. Just save the melt for another day. 

This is me unless it's one of my favorites like the Lavender Vanilla. I'll burn that until all I smell is wax. I've gotten a good 48 hours non stop from them many times and stronger scents especially cinnamon topped I find last even longer. I don't burn directly in the tart dish though, I use silicone cups and that makes changes easy if I start something and change my mind after it hits the air.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aptommo said:

This is me unless it's one of my favorites like the Lavender Vanilla. I'll burn that until all I smell is wax. I've gotten a good 48 hours non stop from them many times and stronger scents especially cinnamon topped I find last even longer. I don't burn directly in the tart dish though, I use silicone cups and that makes changes easy if I start something and change my mind after it hits the air.

I hate lavender vanilla lol but many people love it. One of my daughters loves it and can't get enough. The other one hates it. I use the silicon cupcake liners for my harder wax but use aluminum cups with the wax made in them for my softer wax. 

• Like 1