New Christmas Oils

Daisymay66

Would love to hear your favorites you just can’t go without! And any if you’ve tried any new scents that you tried or want to :) 

I love Christmas Memories from Cajun and their Mulberry is super good too ;) Wish there were a bunch of new Christmas oils but unless I just missed any new oils out?? 

Haha I just read my post and thought...yeah you idiot! You definitely need MORE oils to try. Good golly! And then as quickly as I read it I thought what’s a few more? Could be that one scent that I just end up loving and can’t go without. I’ve been trying to get a grip on my FO addiction but I’m not doing so great. For some reason I think at Christmas time I should get more “NEW” oils I never had. But then again I guess I try and use that excuse at every new Season LOL :) :) :) 

• Like 1

Would love to hear your favorites you just can’t go without! And any if you’ve tried any new scents that you tried or want to :) 

I love Christmas Memories from Cajun and their Mulberry is super good too ;) Wish there were a bunch of new Christmas oils but unless I just missed any new oils out?? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Haha I just read my post and thought...yeah you idiot! You definitely need MORE oils to try. Good golly! And then as quickly as I read it I thought what’s a few more? Could be that one scent that I just end up loving and can’t go without. I’ve been trying to get a grip on my FO addiction but I’m not doing so great. For some reason I think at Christmas time I should get more “NEW” oils I never had. But then again I guess I try and use that excuse at every new Season LOL :) :) :) 

I don't know how to stop getting more FO lol I buy a lot from destashes. I buy so cheap that they practically give me the stuff. I pay 10-20 percent of what it's worth. I don't ask for cheap prices. These people just want it gone. I am collecting so rmany Peaks lately. Those smell great. I am not kidding. I have bought some 1 pounders for $1 each  and they are full and amazing. I will collect whenever the deal comes. I do buy from suppliers but not much anymore. The destashes have everything I need. Now I am a newer seller and my products are based on what I will get a deal on. But I am mostly using Amazon and eBay and my own website . Ido have very popular scents and over 1500 now. Just found a stash I forgot I bought of 167 1 oz most full lol I only paid $12 for it lol very good name brands. I get excited getting more stuff lol and of course sniffing the oils 

is fun too unless it is patchouli and eucalyptus yuck I hate those but have a stash of it. 6 pounds of Patchouli and 7 pounds of eucalyptus lol so I will try to sell melts with it. My husband love it so I do use it sometimes since he had to smell some I love that he doesn't lol we compromise. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 1

Investments... investments... 😉  I always liked Yankee Christmas Cookie.  When I got a sample from Aztec, I thought (OOB)  it was all salt.  On a strip it transformed into a nice authentic buttercream ( I don't like most buttercreams) frosted cookie/ graham cracker. I'm always on the lookout for a good cookie fragrance. Quite sweet but not too sweet. I tried it in a blend.  I think it's strong OOB, but in wax it depends on the usual variables.  Still playing around with it.

• Like 2

These are scents that I have to make every Christmas for the shops I sell to.

Pretty much all of them I have had them for years.

CANDLE SCIENCE:

Christmas Hearth

Blue Spruce

Mulled Cider and Chestnuts

Pumpkin Souffle

Mistletoe

White Birch (Brand new one I love)

Fraser Fir  (New one I love)

FLAMING CANDLE:

Bourbon Soaked Raisins (A blend I Make with Pumpkin pie)

Hot Cocoa

NATURES GARDEN:

Vanilla Champagne

WSP:

Vanilla Bean Noel

LONE STAR:

Spruce Orchard (I rename this either Sugared Spruce or Frosted Spruce as this is not a true Spruce Tree like CS has.  They need to rename this scent)

FILLMORE:

Christmas Tree (Balsam Fir)

BITTERCREEK:

Butter Rum Allspice

Pumpkin Cheesecake

FRAGRANCE BUDDY:

Frosted Cranberry

Mulberry

Cinnamon Broom

COMMUNITY CANDLE:

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Orange Peel and Cinnamon

Bohemian Christmas (Was a new one from last year)

JUST SCENT:

Orange Cranberry Spice

SCENTS EITHER I BLEND OR CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE I GOT FROM:

Orange Peel and Cinnamon blended with Ginger Peach (Brand new one for me I got orders on!...They actually liked it because I stink at blends..)

Peppermint blended with Chocolate

White Christmas -  Is a blend I do with Vanilla and Balsam Fir (actually Fillmore's Christmas Tree)

Strawberry Champagne (geesh I just ordered it a couple day ago and can't remember but I'm doing for Christmas anyway)

Bayberry and Cinnamon (The last one I got was from Peaks - now I have to figure out where to get another one, but I will find!

And then there are others I know that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I have waaayyyy toooo many scents, but I just can't help it.

Trappeur

• Like 2

I don't normally like to leave OOB reviews but I got a sample from RE of Sugar Frosted Plum and I LOVE IT! I am waiting to get it in wax and praying it delivers :) I also got the new Cypress and Bayberry FO from Candlescience. It is a beautiful scent and a STRONG thrower :)

• Like 1

I have a pretty big list of holiday scents, but I don't do them all every year.  This is what I've nailed down for this year:

Apple Maple Bourbon (CS)
Frasier Fir (CS)
Snickerdoodle (CS)
A Northwoods Christmas (Bittercreek)

Vanilla Bean Noel (AFI)
Pumpkin Ginger Streusel (CW)
Christmas Hearth (CS)

Everything else is up in the air.  I'm considering Cypress & Bayberry (CS), Cinnamon Balsam (Keystone), Christmas Bliss (RE).  I'm working on an orange spice blend also.  I plan to use up the last of my Tennessee stockpile which includes a few ounces each of Christmas Splendor, Pomegranate, This Old House, Under the Tree and Cinnamon Broom.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I use A Northwoods Christmas tooooo!   Forgot about that one. LOVE THAT ONE!

I love love everyone you put up there BF and they are all great sellers too.

I don't order from Candlewick so never got the Ginger Streusel.

Who is AFI where you get your VBN from if you don't mind me asking?

Trappeur

One that I tried and really liked last year was RE’s Winter Wisp.  it is soft but strong, if that makes any sense! 

Here is the description:

The winter wind blows across a Christmas tree lot with cheery notes of iced cranberry and juicy mandarin, fresh green pine and fir needles, spicy cloves, and a heart of creamy vanilla, warm woods, a winter musk.

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Oh yes, I use A Northwoods Christmas tooooo!   Forgot about that one. LOVE THAT ONE!

I love love everyone you put up there BF and they are all great sellers too.

I don't order from Candlewick so never got the Ginger Streusel.

Who is AFI where you get your VBN from if you don't mind me asking?

Trappeur

Yep, what Barbara said.  They have several, but the one I'm using is the "compare to Crafter's Choice" one.  

• Like 1

I went and looked at them.   Seems like I ordered many years ago from there.

You do have to buy minimum 10 pounds.

They have the one similar to Crafters choice for 12.40 and that is the one that WSP sells and the one campared to BBW is 10.60

The Crafters Choice of 10 pounds at 12.40 a pound and 30.00 shipping comes to 155.00

Delivered 10 pounds with 30.00 shipping comes to 155.00 so that would make it 15.50 a pound delivered which is certainly a heck of lot cheaper than WSP for 38.00 a pound!  Have you compared it to WSP's VBN BF?   Is it the same?   Geesh I wonder if they will send a sample?

If I ordered 25 pounds the price drops from 12.40 a pound to 9.40 a pound.

So 25 pounds would be 235.00 and 29.18 shipping (don't know why shipping is cheaper for 25 than 10 but it is) the amount would be 264.18 thus making it 10.56 a pound delivered!    Wow!    But the thing is, is it the same as WSP's Crafters Choice VBN????That is the million dollar question.

Geesh, since so many of us use this oil, why don't we do a co-op?   I would get 5 pounds right off the bat.

Someone could do the co-op or even I could.   It can't be that hard do you think?   What?   Just pour the oil into the plastic bottles and ship out?  Is that how it goes?

Of course the only one getting the best deal is the one who does handle the co-op.   But she/he is doing all the work, so that is understandable... Everyone else would just pay shipping to them.   Heck it still is a lot cheaper than paying 38.95 PER POUND from WSP.....

Trappeur

Trappeur

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I went and looked at them.   Seems like I ordered many years ago from there.

You do have to buy minimum 10 pounds.

They have the one similar to Crafters choice for 12.40 and that is the one that WSP sells and the one campared to BBW is 10.60

The Crafters Choice of 10 pounds at 12.40 a pound and 30.00 shipping comes to 155.00

Delivered 10 pounds with 30.00 shipping comes to 155.00 so that would make it 15.50 a pound delivered which is certainly a heck of lot cheaper than WSP for 38.00 a pound!  Have you compared it to WSP's VBN BF?   Is it the same?   Geesh I wonder if they will send a sample?

If I ordered 25 pounds the price drops from 12.40 a pound to 9.40 a pound.

So 25 pounds would be 235.00 and 29.18 shipping (don't know why shipping is cheaper for 25 than 10 but it is) the amount would be 264.18 thus making it 10.56 a pound delivered!    Wow!    But the thing is, is it the same as WSP's Crafters Choice VBN????That is the million dollar question.

Geesh, since so many of us use this oil, why don't we do a co-op?   I would get 5 pounds right off the bat.

Someone could do the co-op or even I could.   It can't be that hard do you think?   What?   Just pour the oil into the plastic bottles and ship out?  Is that how it goes?

Of course the only one getting the best deal is the one who does handle the co-op.   But she/he is doing all the work, so that is understandable... Everyone else would just pay shipping to them.   Heck it still is a lot cheaper than paying 38.95 PER POUND from WSP.....

Trappeur

Trappeur

I have wondered that exact thing Trapp??

BF, do they sell sample so we could try the oil out and see if it is in fact the same oil as WSP?

How does that work anyway?

Ok, WSP has Crafters Choice VBN....ok now is the Crafters choice at AFI the same exact as WSP?

The descriptions at both supply companies are really the exact same if you ask me......................

I looked at WSP VBN and the description is:

A warm blend of fresh vanilla bean, rich caramel and soothing cream. Flashpoint: 200°, Vanilla Content: 11.00%, Phthalate Free

Here is the description at AFI:

Compare To aroma VANILLA BEAN NOEL by Crafter's Choice ®
  • Flashpoint>200
  • Phthalate FreeY
  • VanillinY
  • Skin SafeY
  • Top NoteCream
  • Middle NoteCaramel
  • Bottom NoteVanilla Bean
  • Vanillin%7.40

Description: An alluring blend that brings together notes of vanilla bean, sweet caramel, and soft cream.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

@Trappeur, I am not as familiar with the VBN from WSP as you are, so please do not take my opinion as gospel.  I've only tried a 1oz sample that a boardie generously gifted me.  I am about to begin a big project and I needed some fall/winter oils in larger quantities.  I sourced the VBN from AFI and it performed well for me so I went with it.  

Doing a side by side OOB comparison of the two VBN's, the WSP version is a tiny bit stronger OOB and definitely more perfumey.  The AFI version is not quite as strong OOB, but that perfumey note is significantly diminished and it smells creamier.

I made wax melts to test both scents, and they were both pretty much equal in strength.  Neither of them were over the top strong, but they both were pleasantly strong and both lasted over 24 hours in my warmer.  I tested in paraffin wax.  I have no idea what kind of results you would get in soy.  

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Well, I just did notice that AFI's vanillin content is 7.40 and WSP is 11.   Does that mean that there is more vanilla in WSP's???

Trappeur

Funny you should mention that.  The AFI actual smells more like sweet vanilla to my nose.  I get so much of that perfumey note in the VBN from WSP.  Maybe it's my nose.  I actually LIKE the one from AFI better, but then again, I was looking for a good vanilla, not necessarily an exact dupe of the BBW scent.

CS Fraser Fir. Been using it for a few years. It's that good.

CS White Birch. Might end up being tied with Fraser Fir. Just poured a tester with it and... wow. Pungent. Awesome cold throw. Reminds me of an FO I tried years ago... maybe something from Peak. Tried a little of it last year, and although it was nice, I wasn't really looking for a new FO so back on the shelf it went. That's very likely to change this year.

CS Wassail. This is definitely going to be used this year, whether in candle or salts. No question about it. Sampled it last year and liked it. Just poured a tester with new wax and I'm already hooked on the cold throw. I'll probably do CS Apple Harvest for late summer and early fall, then switch to Wassail for late fall and winter.

VBN, but I need to try a different one. Flaming's was pretty good. A candle of it from last year smells the same - hasn't changed in the slightest. The FO, that is; the wax, ugh. However, it does lack a certain something that the original from BBW had. I think it's a deeper vanilla or custardy note. It's not very embracing, IMO. Still good enough to keep using if I can't find a replacement.

EBB Balsam & Citrus. To me it smells just like simmering spices and citrus peels on the stove with a bit of evergreen nearby.

• Like 1