CANDLE SCIENCE 1 OZ SAMPLE SALE- 99 CENTS

Marleigha

Hello everyone!  Just wanted to let you all know that CS is having their 1 oz sample sale from the 21st through the 24th of August.  I haven't seen this posted yet, so just wanted to let everyone know.   

Any suggestions ?  I'm looking for a few new scents that are Fall/Winter and maybe even some Clean/Spa FO's.  TIA!  😇

• Like 1

@Marleigha I have been using Cinnamon Stick and Pumpkin Souffle from CS ever since I started making candles 9 years ago. Cinnamon stick is one of my favorite cinnamons of all I've tried, and Pumpkin Souffle is a customer favorite, although I am tired of it. Both are super strong in soy wax.

Very Vanilla isn't necessarily a fall scent, but it is my favorite vanilla FO, along with Vanilla Bean Noel (not from CS).

I got a sample of Pumpkin Caramel Crunch during last year's sample sale and I love it OOB.  I am going to order some one of these days when I need more of my staple scents from CS.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad I got the email today, we've been away at a show and I hadn't had a chance to check the email! Any highly recommended scents? Anyone? I've only gotten a 5 sample from them when ordering some lids, so what's good at CS?

I swore I wasn't going to get in on anymore sales but I have to place an order with CS, so I guess I'll get some...

Everything that Gail just said I agree.   Oh Gail!  Pumpkin Car. crunch is awesome!     I love it myself..!

I did get some White Birch samples and made a few candles and it is "beautiful".   So Gail you don't need to test that one as I did since we both use the same wax.

I'd get a pound too...don't waste your money on a sample...ha ha ha

Trappeur

• Like 1

I've tried just about everything they have.  Just bought samples of all the new scents a couple weeks ago.  Still, I was ordering #'s of Fallen Leaves and threw a few samples in my cart...mostly pumpkin and fall stuff, some I know I've tried before and just can't remember them.   Still, I cant wait to get them.  I'm so bored with what I'm currently using.

14 hours ago, GailC said:

@Marleigha I have been using Cinnamon Stick and Pumpkin Souffle from CS ever since I started making candles 9 years ago. Cinnamon stick is one of my favorite cinnamons of all I've tried, and Pumpkin Souffle is a customer favorite, although I am tired of it. Both are super strong in soy wax.

Very Vanilla isn't necessarily a fall scent, but it is my favorite vanilla FO, along with Vanilla Bean Noel (not from CS).

I got a sample of Pumpkin Caramel Crunch during last year's sample sale and I love it OOB.  I am going to order some one of these days when I need more of my staple scents from CS.

Hiiiiii Gail!!!! I hope you are doing well.  😇 You are actually the person that got me to end up trying the Pumpkin Soufflé about a year or year and 1/2 ago.  I ❤ it!!! That's actually my husbands favorite out of everything Bakery that I've made.  He absolutely loves it!  So because they mastered Pumpkin Soufflé I was thinking about grabbing another pumpkin FO from them.  They have the Toasted Pumpkin Spice and then the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch so I'm torn.  Ugh!  I also love their Cinnamon Stick and Very Vanilla but CC's Vanilla Voodoo is also very nice!  😇   Any other favs from the new ones?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

This is the first year in a long time I won't be partaking in this particular scent event. ... :( Just too busy and don't have time to get an order in. 

So sorry to hear that you don't have the time to get an order in this go round.  This will actually be the first time I've ever placed an order during the sale and it's only because I need a few pounds of some of my staple scents.  What ones have you used from them and loved?  

4 hours ago, Hopie said:

I'm glad I got the email today, we've been away at a show and I hadn't had a chance to check the email! Any highly recommended scents? Anyone? I've only gotten a 5 sample from them when ordering some lids, so what's good at CS?

Hi Hopie!  The ones I have personally tried and love are:

Pumpkin Soufflé- Thanks to Gail 😊 

Very Vanilla 

Banana Nut Bread

Lemon Pound Cake

Strawberry Shortcake

Hazelnut Coffee- also thanks to Gail  😊

Peach Nectar

Christmas Hearth 

Hansel & Gretel's House

Brandied Pear 

Sea Salt & Orchid 

Black Sea- nice masculine scent 

Ghere are a few others but these are probably the favs I have tried.  I will also be getting some Caramelized Pralines this go round!  Just looking for some newbies to try due to the sale.  

OHHH... Anyone tried the following:

Red Ginger Saffron 

Red Currant

Mediterranean Fig

Bamboo & Coconut 

Amber Noir

Egyptian Amber 

Cotton Tree

Day at the Spa

Green Tea & Lemongrass

Cool Citrus Basil 

Lemon Verbena 

Thanks in advance everyone 

4 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I've tried just about everything they have.  Just bought samples of all the new scents a couple weeks ago.  Still, I was ordering #'s of Fallen Leaves and threw a few samples in my cart...mostly pumpkin and fall stuff, some I know I've tried before and just can't remember them.   Still, I cant wait to get them.  I'm so bored with what I'm currently using.

@bfroberts If you don't mind me asking... What are some of your absolute favorites from CS?  Have you tried Pumpkin Caramel Crunch and Toasted Pumpkin Spice?  I'm up in the Air on what one to get a full pound size bottle of.  😊

@Trappeur white birch is truly very nice but I something very similar.  However will possibly order some when I run out depending on where I'm placing an order from first.    

9 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Hiiiiii Gail!!!! I hope you are doing well.  😇 You are actually the person that got me to end up trying the Pumpkin Soufflé about a year or year and 1/2 ago.  I ❤ it!!! That's actually my husbands favorite out of everything Bakery that I've made.  He absolutely loves it!  So because they mastered Pumpkin Soufflé I was thinking about grabbing another pumpkin FO from them.  They have the Toasted Pumpkin Spice and then the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch so I'm torn.  Ugh!  I also love their Cinnamon Stick and Very Vanilla but CC's Vanilla Voodoo is also very nice!  😇   Any other favs from the new ones?  

I haven't tried any of the new ones.  I've taken a moratorium on buying Fragrance Oils.  2 months yesterday.  My daughter and granddaughter said I should get a chip!  :)  

I see you are getting Caramelized Pralines.  I had that years ago and it is good.  

Of those you are asking about, I have samples of Cotton Tree and Day at the Spa and I like them both OOB.

I haven't smelled Toasted Pumpkin Spice but I sure do love the sample of Pumpkin Caramel Crunch OOB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is what's in my candle science cart... if you have tried any of them ... comments would really be appreciated ..by the way I use soy 464 and soy blend wax

beach linen
brandied pear
coriander tonka
day at the spa
rainwater
dragons blood
driftwood
hansel & gretel's house
hazelnut coffee
mediterranean fig
peach nectar
pump souffle 
lavender 
very vanilla
whiskey
black currant absinthe
fallen leaves 
cypress & bayberry
golden rose
blood orange
garden mint 
fresh coffee
creme brulee
ocean rose
peach nectar
mediterranean fig
macintosh apple
hot apple pie
grapefruit mangosteen
gingerbread
hansel and gretel's house
pumpkin caramel crunch
coconut lime verbena
egyptian amber
coconut lime
fig tree
vanilla hazelnut
gardenia
honeysuckle
lush linen
mistletoe
orange blossom
plumeria
red rose
sandlewood
sweetgrass & Violet
white tea 
caramelized pralines
white birch
lemon verbena

14 hours ago, Marleigha said:

So sorry to hear that you don't have the time to get an order in this go round.  This will actually be the first time I've ever placed an order during the sale and it's only because I need a few pounds of some of my staple scents.  What ones have you used from them and loved?  

CS's cotton candy is my FAVORITE cotton candy. I also really love their Raspberry Sangria, and if you don't make soap/bb items it's a good one because it's not skin safe. Found that out AFTER I ordered it, but I love it. I *think* that's where I got the Violet Lime and loved it. I also really like their cucumber mint. There are several others, but those are the ones right off the top of my head from them that I love. . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

CS's cotton candy is my FAVORITE cotton candy. I also really love their Raspberry Sangria, and if you don't make soap/bb items it's a good one because it's not skin safe. Found that out AFTER I ordered it, but I love it. I *think* that's where I got the Violet Lime and loved it. I also really like their cucumber mint. There are several others, but those are the ones right off the top of my head from them that I love. . 

well lets add those to the list Jcandle....whats another 3-4 dollars hahahaha

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Marleigha said:

OHHH... Anyone tried the following:

Red Ginger Saffron 

Red Currant

Mediterranean Fig

Bamboo & Coconut 

Amber Noir

Egyptian Amber 

Cotton Tree

Day at the Spa

Green Tea & Lemongrass

Cool Citrus Basil 

Lemon Verbena 

Thanks in advance everyone 

Red Ginger Saffron is one of my favorites! It is a STRONG and very true to life ginger scent, so if you aren't a fan of the smell of fresh ginger you won't like it, but if you are you'll absolutely love it. 

• Thanks 1

These are the ones I ordered, really wanted to try the Pumpkin Souffle as well as others.

Cedarwood Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      

Cinnamon and Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      
ECO 14 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
ECO 4 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
ECO 6 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
Dragon's Blood 1 oz Bottle      
Very Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      
Strudel and Spice 1 oz Bottle      
Sandalwood 1 oz Bottle      
Red Ginger Saffron 1 oz Bottle      
Pumpkin Souffle 1 oz Bottle      
Plumeria 1 oz Bottle      
Nag Champa 1 oz Bottle      
Mistletoe 1 oz Bottle      
Macintosh Apple 1 oz Bottle      
Lavender 1 oz Bottle      
Himalayan Bamboo 1 oz Bottle      
Fresh Coffee 1 oz Bottle      
Frankincense and Myrrh 1 oz Bottle      
Coriander and Tonka 1 oz Bottle      
Christmas Hearth 1 oz Bottle      
Chocolate Fudge 1 oz Bottle      

Black Cherry 1 oz Bottle

I really liked their Macintosh apple, the sandalwood is pretty good, too. Also liked their Cinnamon Vanilla. I got the White Birch free, so that will be a fun one to try.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GailC said:

I haven't tried any of the new ones.  I've taken a moratorium on buying Fragrance Oils.  2 months yesterday.  My daughter and granddaughter said I should get a chip!  :)  

I see you are getting Caramelized Pralines.  I had that years ago and it is good.  

Of those you are asking about, I have samples of Cotton Tree and Day at the Spa and I like them both OOB.

I haven't smelled Toasted Pumpkin Spice but I sure do love the sample of Pumpkin Caramel Crunch OOB.

Ahhh... yes I had read a few times that you were going to be taking a break.  So impressed that you had the will power to last that long.  😊

Im glad to hear that Caramelized Pralines was a good one for you.  I was up in the air on whether or not I should get it from ICS or CS.  But being that I'm placing an order with CS injust figured I'd grab it here.   For the CS Cotton Tree does it smell too similar to CS Clean Cotton or how can you describe it if you don't mind?  Thanks so much Gail!  

5 hours ago, Sunday said:

this is what's in my candle science cart... if you have tried any of them ... comments would really be appreciated ..by the way I use soy 464 and soy blend wax

beach linen- I really like this one!  

brandied pear- I love this one for Fall and Christmas 

coriander tonka-  I liked it until my friend told me that it was similar to the smell of a morgue... From that point on, I didn't enjoy that smell 😬

day at the spa- Haven't tried it but it's also on my list 😊

rainwater- Haven't tried yet in my list too 

dragons blood- I like it,  although it is a bit heavy on patchouli I still enjoy it. Just personally like the one from NG better.  

driftwood- Only have a 1 oz but do enjoy it

hansel & gretel's house- LOVE ❤️ 

hazelnut coffee- LOVE ❤

mediterranean fig- on my list and am getting a # bottle 

peach nectar- I don't personally care for peach but it sells decent in the spring/summer

pump souffle- LOVE... LOVE...  LOVE... ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

lavender- STRONG herbal lavender 

very vanilla- Very nice vanilla 

whiskey- Haven't tried

black currant absinthe- On my list to sample

fallen leaves- haven't tried 

cypress & bayberry- haven't tried 

golden rose- haven't tried 

blood orange- Very nice Blood Orange

garden mint- in my cart to try 

fresh coffee- Nice straight up coffee scent

creme brulee- won't try this one yet because it's not phthalate free 

ocean rose- in my cart to try 

macintosh apple- amazing Mac Apple

hot apple pie- haven't tried 

grapefruit mangosteen- GREAT ❤

gingerbread- haven't yet tried 

pumpkin caramel crunch- in my cart to try 

coconut lime verbena- in my cart to try

egyptian amber- in my cart to try 

coconut lime- haven't tried 

fig tree- haven't tried 

vanilla hazelnut- a nice one!  I enjoy mixing it with hazelnut coffee 

gardenia- haven't tried 

honeysuckle- a nice honeysuckle 

lush linen- in my cart to try 

mistletoe- LOVE ❤

orange blossom- in my cart to test 

plumeria- haven't tried 

red rose- haven't tried 

sandlewood- haven't tried 

sweetgrass & Violet- In my list to sample 

white tea- Have tested and love this one ordering a # bottle

caramelized pralines- Ordering a # Bottle

white birch-  Like his one but I have a similar one from a different vendor but I like the other one from the other place more.  

lemon verbena- on my list to sample

Please see above the comments I left for each one.  Oh!  I would also suggest trying the Amber Noir also.  I've heard lovely things about it.  HTH!  😇

11 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

pump souffle- LOVE... LOVE...  LOVE... ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

so tell me how you really feel about the pumpkin souffle Marleigha hahahaha.

..looks like I will be SOL with another purchase from Candle science...apparently their computer system can't handle it if you have a Canadian credit card...although my shipping address is in Washington state...They told me it would be straightened out last sale and it looks like nothing was done...oh well

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marleigha said:

pump souffle- LOVE... LOVE...  LOVE... ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I was going to try this one but i ordered 4 1lb bottles of pumpkin something and they are all overbearing spice imo. Made my stomach churn while blending them lol. I would like a pure pumpkin of some sorts

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ahhh... yes I had read a few times that you were going to be taking a break.  So impressed that you had the will power to last that long.  😊

Im glad to hear that Caramelized Pralines was a good one for you.  I was up in the air on whether or not I should get it from ICS or CS.  But being that I'm placing an order with CS injust figured I'd grab it here.   For the CS Cotton Tree does it smell too similar to CS Clean Cotton or how can you describe it if you don't mind?  Thanks so much Gail!  

I Haven't tried CS Clean Cotton so can't compare the two. And I am terrible at describing fragrances.  I just smelled Cotton Tree and it is clean and fresh, not just soapy smelling.  

My favorite Cotton FO is HIgh Cotton from Mill Creek so I stick to that one or Sea Island Cotton from Cierra which I also really like.

I am trying my best to avoid buying more FO's since I have two cabinets just full of 1 pounds bottles.  I was on a buying frenzy for awhile.  :) 

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GailC said:

am trying my best to avoid buying more FO's since I have two cabinets just full of 1 pounds bottles.  I was on a buying frenzy for awhile.  :) 

We can all go shopping in Gails fragrance cabinets😁😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

We can all go shopping in Gails fragrance cabinets😁😂

Oh no!  I can''t part with any of them....well except maybe Pipe Smoke from RE, or World's Best Coffee from NG, or Cashmere Glow from Just Scent.  And maybe a couple more.  :)