Need inspiration

Jcandleattic

I'm starting to get a bit tired of the mermaid tails. I LOVE them, and they sell so well, but I don't want that to be my only stock! LOL 

(my granddaughter wants me to make another batch, so I probably will make at least one small batch for her.) 

I need inspiration for something new. Anything new. Anyone have any ideas of what they would like to see me make? 

I need to make up at least 3 batches of - something - this weekend, so need to start thinking about it now. :)

So, give me ideas!! 

YES - a Halloween soap has been on my list.

Great idea Barb! I'm also in a "dancing swirl" challenge, so I can make a black and purple dancing swirl soap. 

I also have pumpkin embed mold I can think of something for that, so I just need to figure out the 3rd soap I want to make.

Hmmmm.... 

LOL

I'm in the same position.  I get tired of making the same thing again and again.  I have 7 I need to make as restocks then maybe have some fun. 

I'm in the same challenge but don't think I'm going to make it.  This month ended up be way more crazy than usual.  I have another weekend show in two weeks plus a big order to deliver at the same time.  And having a 60th wedding anniversary party for my parents next weekend.   I want to have some fun for a change.  

Black and purple dancing swirl would be cool looking and I like the patchouli orange suggestion.  Bet that would smell nice. 

As for pumpkin scents, I can't sell those for anything here.  At least not in soap or B&B.  I've tried.  I have 12 of 16 bars left from last year and they will be going in my misfit bucket at my next show.

• Like 1

A fall soap that flies off the shelves for me is Spicy Apples and Peaches.  I know it sounds weird, but it smells divine, and my customers agree.  By far, it's my most popular fall soap.  It's a blend of apple, peach, and cinnamon.  

Or how about an Autumn Leaves soap?  You could have a ton of fun playing with warm colors on that one -- russet, gold, orange, etc.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

A fall soap that flies off the shelves for me is Spicy Apples and Peaches.  I know it sounds weird, but it smells divine, and my customers agree.  By far, it's my most popular fall soap.  It's a blend of apple, peach, and cinnamon.  

Or how about an Autumn Leaves soap?  You could have a ton of fun playing with warm colors on that one -- russet, gold, orange, etc.

Apple peach and cinnamon i would def buy that if it was local.

I was also thinking something to do with leaves would be good for a fall item.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hopie said:

How about a nice Snow Ice type of soap? Peppermint would be a very refreshing soap.

That is one of the main soaps I do, and I have about 50 bars, so there's that... Good suggestion if I didn't already have plenty of stock for it though. 

4 hours ago, Shari said:

I'm in the same position.  I get tired of making the same thing again and again.  I have 7 I need to make as restocks then maybe have some fun. 

I'm in the same challenge but don't think I'm going to make it.  This month ended up be way more crazy than usual.  I have another weekend show in two weeks plus a big order to deliver at the same time.  And having a 60th wedding anniversary party for my parents next weekend.   I want to have some fun for a change.  

Black and purple dancing swirl would be cool looking and I like the patchouli orange suggestion.  Bet that would smell nice. 

As for pumpkin scents, I can't sell those for anything here.  At least not in soap or B&B.  I've tried.  I have 12 of 16 bars left from last year and they will be going in my misfit bucket at my next show.

I don't have many soaps I make more than once, but I ended up making around 15 loaves of the mermaids last year, and sold ever last one of them within hours. So I feel I should have at least 5 batches ready at the go for my first shows this year. 

I missed last months challenge because of life getting in the way. I was going to do my Sailor's Dream for that one (which I made anyway, just didn't make it in time for the challenge) 

The black/purple dancing funnel will probably be scented Love Spell, simply because it slows trace down of my recipe, so I'll have enough time to work. I don't particularly like the look of the dancing funnel soaps, so I'll only be making a small 1lb batch for the challenge. 

It's the same with pumpkin scents here. Candles fly off the shelf with the pumpkin scent, but B&B and soap just sit there. I stopped making pumpkin anything other than candles about 4 years ago. 

16 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Orange Patchouli soap orange and black

Ohh that sounds good. I got some patchouli about a year or two ago. Not my favorite scent so I haven't used it, but have heard it gets better with age (it's an EO not FO) so maybe I'll do that as well! 

2 hours ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Y'all are good with the suggestions!! 

Autumn Leaves sounds good. I could use Amish Harvest as the scent, and do warm, fall colors, with leaf embeds of green, yellow, red, orange, rust, etc., 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Y'all are good with the suggestions!! 

Autumn Leaves sounds good. I could use Amish Harvest as the scent, and do warm, fall colors, with leaf embeds of green, yellow, red, orange, rust, etc., 

That sounds fantastic, that gets my vote! Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

That sounds fantastic, that gets my vote! Lol

I just have to make sure I can find my leaf mold for the embeds. Embeds take so long to make. Especially when the embed mold I want to use I only have 1-2 cavities. LOL 

17 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I just have to make sure I can find my leaf mold for the embeds. Embeds take so long to make. Especially when the embed mold I want to use I only have 1-2 cavities. LOL 

Tell me about it! The results are beautiful, but dang that's a lot of work!

I stopped doing embeds when I realized my customer base wasn't impressed, and only cared about the smells. 😂 Now they just get basic swirls!

On 8/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I'm starting to get a bit tired of the mermaid tails. I LOVE them, and they sell so well, but I don't want that to be my only stock! LOL 

(my granddaughter wants me to make another batch, so I probably will make at least one small batch for her.) 

I need inspiration for something new. Anything new. Anyone have any ideas of what they would like to see me make? 

I need to make up at least 3 batches of - something - this weekend, so need to start thinking about it now. :)

So, give me ideas!! 

If we are working toward making a soap that entices the granddaughter then let's discuss..............what fo's does she like....bring her into the process........let her sniff fos and go from there.........like a totally bonding experience here.  Between the two of you, you can come up with a formula (or two) that highlights your combined efforts...............

2 minutes ago, Pam W said:

If we are working toward making a soap that entices the granddaughter then let's discuss..............what fo's does she like....bring her into the process........let her sniff fos and go from there.........like a totally bonding experience here.  Between the two of you, you can come up with a formula (or two) that highlights your combined efforts...............

This really doesn't have much to do with my granddaughter - she and I make soap together all the time. 

I just needed some inspiration because I just was in a rut and tired of the same type of soaps. I rarely ever repeat soaps because of that. it's one of the real reasons I havent' been able to make this into a bigger business for me than it is. I truly don't know how people can stand to do the same scent/style etc., soaps/candles/b&b items over and over again. I only have like 4-5 that I will do repeatedly, and I am completely stocked up on those. 

So far with the suggestions here I've made a Halloween soap, my challenge soap, and have 3 others in the works/designing stages. 

• Like 1