Do you like this display for the clam shell melts?

Trappeur

One of my accounts I am making the clam shell melts for them and to just put the clam shells on a shelf unit is really going to be a mess real quickly so I ordered this for 11.99 and thought I would set the clam shells into each section by fragrance name.  It would look neat and orderly and organized I think.  I was thinking I would make up a label and put on the drawer front of each fragrance.  Now the depth of this drawer is 4" deep so you wouldn't really see the clam shells as they would be hidden in the sections so I thought I would cut a block of wood 1 or 2" in thickness and drop into the bottom of each section so when the clam shells are set upright in each section they would stick out of each section.  I hope this works....I can't think of another better idea.  I ordered just one for me to see how it works.   Geesh, I could make these instead of paying 12.99 and 9.00 shipping...And too, I would have to order 2 units to sit side by side to go the length of the shelf they will sit on, so maybe I better make them and I'll just keep this for me.

Trappeur

592811957_planterbox1.thumb.jpg.3f3b9d4cd2c815e8b5676ea5beb93a47.jpg

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

JMO but either stand these on end so you can see the front of the clamshell or get something different to show it.  When you look at the shelf I think you should be able to see the product, then again there are people that love to look in anything and everything they touch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, interesting KK.....only thing is if I stood them on end they wouldn't fit into the shelf space.    But I see what your talking about.  And then the handles wouldn't look right standing on end....hmmm

But once I put a block of wood in the bottom of each section, you will see the clam shells, not the full clamshell but the top 1/2.  Know what I mean?

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

One of my accounts I am making the clam shell melts for them and to just put the clam shells on a shelf unit is really going to be a mess real quickly so I ordered this for 11.99 and thought I would set the clam shells into each section by fragrance name.  It would look neat and orderly and organized I think.  I was thinking I would make up a label and put on the drawer front of each fragrance.  Now the depth of this drawer is 4" deep so you wouldn't really see the clam shells as they would be hidden in the sections so I thought I would cut a block of wood 1 or 2" in thickness and drop into the bottom of each section so when the clam shells are set upright in each section they would stick out of each section.  I hope this works....I can't think of another better idea.  I ordered just one for me to see how it works.   Geesh, I could make these instead of paying 12.99 and 9.00 shipping...And too, I would have to order 2 units to sit side by side to go the length of the shelf they will sit on, so maybe I better make them and I'll just keep this for me.

its a Very pretty display Trapp...really are you going to be able to make something similar for 20.00?...maybe...but is it worth your time...probably not...just my humble opinion:huh:

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

The only reason I could see making them yourself would be to make them shorter so you could better see the melts.  I have been to places that use something similar to those were they stand the melts on end and put them in and then lay one across the top to allow for people to easily see the fragrance.  Did it stop me from pulling them out of the holder to see them.  nope cause i was popping them open to check how they smelled anyways since they had not sealed the clamshells at all.

Edited by ncraiders

22 hours ago, Sunday said:

its a Very pretty display Trapp...really are you going to be able to make something similar for 20.00?...maybe...but is it worth your time...probably not...just my humble opinion:huh:

Your really right Sunday, is it worth my time?   In all practicality no, but I measured the shelf unit and being the unit is 36" wide I will need 3 of these units to fit on 1 shelf and I have 2 shelfs so it will wind up about 120.00 just for some display units....but I need to spend some time outside and take a little break from making candles....I'm just going to make myself do it.  I know I'll enjoy it as I love to do wood working.  And I have all these pallets at my barn so I'm going to use pallet wood! ha ha ha....I'll post a picture...And also I'm going to make the units deeper so I can fit more than 5 or 6 melts in each section.  I was thinking of even painting them a distressed teal color too.

Trappeur

15 hours ago, ncraiders said:

The only reason I could see making them yourself would be to make them shorter so you could better see the melts.  I have been to places that use something similar to those were they stand the melts on end and put them in and then lay one across the top to allow for people to easily see the fragrance.  Did it stop me from pulling them out of the holder to see them.  nope cause i was popping them open to check how they smelled anyways since they had not sealed the clamshells at all.

Yep, I am going to make them shorter so you can see the melts.   

Oh so you open them up to smell? ha ha ha....I have thought about that happening.  People do want to smell them..

Trappeur

17 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Your really right Sunday, is it worth my time?   In all practicality no, but I measured the shelf unit and being the unit is 36" wide I will need 3 of these units to fit on 1 shelf and I have 2 shelfs so it will wind up about 120.00 just for some display units....but I need to spend some time outside and take a little break from making candles....I'm just going to make myself do it.  I know I'll enjoy it as I love to do wood working.  And I have all these pallets at my barn so I'm going to use pallet wood! ha ha ha....I'll post a picture...And also I'm going to make the units deeper so I can fit more than 5 or 6 melts in each section.  I was thinking of even painting them a distressed teal color too.

Trappeur

Ahh  you really are a woman of many talents Trapps...I'm totally impressed that you have some woodworking skills...can't wait to see what you come up with!

Since i started messing with candles and melts I have started popping open the clamshells to smell them cause i know not all fragrances of the same name smell alike.  So I like to sniif first and not regret buying it later lol.

• 2 months later...