They have arrived!

MrDan

So my new Pourette molds arrived on Saturday, and this is them! I used CBL-141 (candlewics pillar/votive blend that’s the same as the hobby lobby “premium wax”), a piece of colored scrap wax, and the remnants of some Sage fragrance oil! I now I have a 9 oz raccoon and a 12 oz snail! 

C062711E-983F-475E-A48D-509EB4391734.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

Totally cute! Raccoon needs eyeballs, LOL! 

Its not as detailed as I had hoped, but the eyeballs will be more visible when I use a deeper or darker color. The scrap of dyed wax I used was close to 1/4 oz to the almost 2 pounds of wax I used! I’m surprised any color showed up, but I’m really happy with how it’s settling in;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

So cute! Love how glossy that 141 is, it looks like you glazed them!

It really does come out super glossy! Here’s another of the raccoon I just pulled last night! More of that wonderful 141, a few drops of ivory dye, and a nice Redwood & Cedar FO. I think I’ll light him tomorrow night!

94F46A58-2F01-45C3-B2D9-C047F2BDB0FE.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrDan said:

It really does come out super glossy! Here’s another of the raccoon I just pulled last night! More of that wonderful 141, a few drops of ivory dye, and a nice Redwood & Cedar FO. I think I’ll light him tomorrow night!

94F46A58-2F01-45C3-B2D9-C047F2BDB0FE.jpeg

There he is! The little guy looks so great! Totally cute! Tell us how you like the scent? I'm curious.

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, MrDan said:

So my new Pourette molds arrived on Saturday, and this is them! I used CBL-141 (candlewics pillar/votive blend that’s the same as the hobby lobby “premium wax”), a piece of colored scrap wax, and the remnants of some Sage fragrance oil! I now I have a 9 oz raccoon and a 12 oz snail! 

C062711E-983F-475E-A48D-509EB4391734.jpeg

Such adorable molds, great job!

I just have to add that I confirmed with CW today that their quality, custom blends (CBL) are NOT available in craft stores.  Their basic paraffin wax choices are what is offered in your local craft store and can also be found via their website here...

https://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=c49&title=Paraffin-Wax

15 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Such adorable molds, great job!

I just have to add that I confirmed with CW today that their quality, custom blends (CBL) are NOT available in craft stores.  Their basic paraffin wax choices are what is offered in your local craft store and can also be found via their website here...

https://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=c49&title=Paraffin-Wax

I stand corrected.

I was told by a Hobby Lobby employee that it was CW under a different name. Shortly after I posted the original I had to go pick some up because I ran out of my CBL. The waxes are very similar in almost every aspect, except the Country Lane (Craftstore brand) has a much better hot throw. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrDan said:

I stand corrected.

I was told by a Hobby Lobby employee that it was CW under a different name. Shortly after I posted the original I had to go pick some up because I ran out of my CBL. The waxes are very similar in almost every aspect, except the Country Lane (Craftstore brand) has a much better hot throw. 

Interesting 

• Like 1