Newbie making beeswax and coconut oil blend wick help

asargent

So I'm 26 and fairly new at this.  I've done quite a bit of research and made about 40 so far.  I've discover that sticking to 4oz jars works best.  I bought #6 cotton braided wicks but they are untreated and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do any help please

Hello and welcome. Beeswax can be tricky to master. It prefers to be in tapers or pillars, not containers. Beeswax burns down, then out making containers challenging. 

A #6 square braid wick is pretty darned big. I use that size in hard to burn lots of beeswax in solid square pillars that are 3” across. For a small container you’re going to get yourself into some trouble with that size with plain beeswax, let alone a blend with coconut. 

You’ve not said what % of coconut you’re adding, or what type of coconut. Every variation makes essentially a different burning candle. Coconut oil will make your candle much softer and easier to burn, so you will need to scale back your wick size quite a lot. 

What are the dimensions of the 4 oz container?