Candle warped when released from mold

I use high quality aluminium molds with paraffin wax blend... Recently more than a couple of times my candles have come out warped from the mold, in a rectangular mold the centres have got depressed causing a dip on all four sides and in the cylinder it has bent on one side and the other side is straight.I am foxed ! I make candles in the same mold everyday and sometimes this happens...could it be the cooling but if I have set 2 candles in a similar mold one will warp and the other will not. Could it be that the wick got pulled too tight in the one! These kind of challenges crop up everyday and mostly it's so difficult to find answers as they seem like issues that only I am having ....there are so many different and opposing views on temperatures to mix the fragrance and to pour.

Guys can someone throw some light on the warping and also point me in the direction to look for answers as sometimes it gets quite frustrating to remake candles and lose all that very expensive fragrance

thank you so very much in advance...

Can you pour a bit cooler? The sunken/ shrunken areas are from the center cooling and shrinking last. 

Or, you can try cooling slower. With beeswax, i rapid cool from he bottom to encourage the wax to cool at a somewhat more constant rate. 

11 hours ago, Vee said:

I use high quality aluminium molds with paraffin wax blend... Recently more than a couple of times my candles have come out warped from the mold, in a rectangular mold the centres have got depressed causing a dip on all four sides and in the cylinder it has bent on one side and the other side is straight.I am foxed ! I make candles in the same mold everyday and sometimes this happens...could it be the cooling but if I have set 2 candles in a similar mold one will warp and the other will not. Could it be that the wick got pulled too tight in the one! These kind of challenges crop up everyday and mostly it's so difficult to find answers as they seem like issues that only I am having ....there are so many different and opposing views on temperatures to mix the fragrance and to pour.

Guys can someone throw some light on the warping and also point me in the direction to look for answers as sometimes it gets quite frustrating to remake candles and lose all that very expensive fragrance

thank you so very much in advance...

I don't know why your candles are warping, but whenever I have flops, I chop up that wax and make chunk candles with it, rather than losing it. 

I'm wondering if the metal is contracting and expanding that could cause the warp ...?  I've never heard of this before.  It will be interesting to see what the pillar pros have to say!

I use the square aluminum molds and never have a warped pillar.  I use 4625 and pour between 180-185, Poke relief holes-almost continually until it hardens, and top off.  Don't really understand why they would be warped.  What wax are you using?  Edited to add I use wick pins.

Edited by grama