All My Candle Friends Are Comin' Over Tonight!

Hopie

So here are the results of my latest mold pours. The larger owl is a whoppin' 21 ounces, and the small ones are 4.6 ounces. Mr. Smiley guy is 21.2 ounces, and the elephants weigh in at 16 ounces. I do have some special wax paint on the way to add eyeballs to the alien and the smile to the iconic smiley guy. We'll see how these "paints" work out when they arrive. I didn't scent any of these. I had a ball unmolding them. 

IMG_20180808_161118.jpg

IMG_20180808_161217.jpg

IMG_20180808_161357.jpg

IMG_20180808_161422.jpg

• Like 3

The only problem working with two piece molds is the need to trim the excess wax, or flash. It doesn’t take a lot of practice, but a steady hand is a must! 

They all look great! Are you mixing your own colors? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrDan said:

The only problem working with two piece molds is the need to trim the excess wax, or flash. It doesn’t take a lot of practice, but a steady hand is a must! 

They all look great! Are you mixing your own colors? 

Yes, I'm getting better at trimming them. I got a small tool at Michael's for about $2. I get better at it as I pour more. The colors are mostly diamond dye chips. One full chip for the larger ones, and a half chip for the baby ones. I created the orange one by adding shavings of red to the orange I already had. The yellow smiley guy was a liquid dye that I had to buy "on the fly" at Michael's, until my next order arrives. More molds on the way!

Edited by Hopie