What do you think of this meeting?

Trappeur

Well, you know, it's a done deal all done and over.

I made 144 candles for them, they are taking off their site and now their stuck with all those candles...less the few they have sold and given out to others to test burn or as gifts.....what ever.  I wish them them well.  I'm trying to think what I learned from this???I thought I did good.....who knows....I guess they'll have to find someone to make for them.  But then they were going to be making in their kitchen to see what candle making was all about.

A sad situation.   Like everyone said Karma.....I never meant this to happen.  Yes, I need to hit the sack.  It's 3:00 in the morning.   Geesh, I thought I was the only night owl?  Looky here....

Trappeur

I can imagine your pain, frustration, and anger at this couple. But, I would be equally as upset with the supplier. They obviously duped them into giving away your info. I would call them back and make sure they understand the implications of what they've done. They have given a competitor of yours some of your propietary information. At bare minimum they could use this as a training example. I think they owe you big time. 

I find that a good night's sleep usually helps me to "fix" bad things that happen to me, know what I mean? New day, new perspectives, new lessons learned, even when learned the hard way. Those people are left to their own now. Wait until they need you, and you are not there, right? So, awaken with a new positive morning, brew that coffee, and enjoy the beautiful morning of a new summer's day :)

Yep, night owl here, too. I guess I just love the peace of the nighttime...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ncraiders said:

Soryy it went down that way, but I think you handled that beautifully.  If it was me that email would not of been child friendly.  For the most part i am easy to get along with but when you get me mad, even my old friends just shut up and stare at me like wait he can get like that.  I have only been in one situation were i got that ticked off and let me tell you none of them spoke for about 5 minutes after i stopped yelling at the idiot.  So all in all like i already said you handled is perfectly.

LOL  At about the age of 55, I started sticking up for myself and stopped worrying about what other people would think of me.  I "turn into Olga", as we say in our family.  Olga was my Mom who didn't take sh*t from anyone.  :laugh2:

GoldieMN

4 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I dont know but you made those candles and they have poured by boomer life. Something could be done about that. They cant make false claims even though they bought them they didnt pour them. Ijs

You emailed them and if they responded and said your candles were not on the site its another lie. 

Let me go take some potassium,my blood pressure is boiling. 

I swear the nerve. One thing i cant stand and that is a liar.

AND there is no way they could get 16 ounces of wax in a pint jar.  Isn't the label, by law, suppose to reflect net weight?

GoldieMN

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I made 144 candles for them, they are taking off their site and now their stuck with all those candles

I wouldn't call have a large supply of your candles to burn being stuck, I'd call it a blessing. Of course it will make them sad and frustrated when they see how their candles compare.

I think you handled the situation very well.  I feel so bad for you.   I too believe in Karma and it will come back to them twofold.   Too bad their facebook doesn't allow comments....I'd so call them out.... 

5 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

So they are lying to their potential customers from the jump.   Nothing good will come from it Trapp. Sit back and just watch it happen

AMEN! 
@Trappeur To hell with them! I wouldn't dump out a whorehouse chamber pot on them if they were on fire. They should be STRONGLY encouraged to go BACK from whatever rock they crawled out from.  

(I AM being nice, but this PISSES me off to NO end!) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

AMEN! 
@Trappeur To hell with them! I wouldn't dump out a whorehouse chamber pot on them if they were on fire. They should be STRONGLY encouraged to go BACK from whatever rock they crawled out from.  

(I AM being nice, but this PISSES me off to NO end!) 

lol, you always tickle me with all these hilarious words (whorehouse chamber pot) in sayings that I have never heard of Sponey.....

Miss you on the board...where have you been? ..undoubtedly under some vehicle heap fixing it up

Thanks 

Trappeur

29 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

lol, you always tickle me with all these hilarious words (whorehouse chamber pot) in sayings that I have never heard of Sponey.....

Miss you on the board...where have you been? ..undoubtedly under some vehicle heap fixing it up

Thanks 

Trappeur

It might interest you to know that am the sound of rain upon the.... 

No, that's not it... 

Oh! I know... I haven't been under a car... (much)
Nope! I've been make'n soap. (and some side lined abominations... )

I'm tryna check in on CS at least a few times a day. Next we work me back up to actually writing on the boards everyday... 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

I am pretty certain these people aren't going to be as successful as they envision.  They don't have the creative genius they think they do.  Rather than create their own brand, they've just taken pieces of other successful brands and put a little spin on them.  If they keep on like that, eventually they will step on the wrong toes.  

You did the right thing, Trapp.  I hope they go away quietly before they try this crap on someone else.  Try not to let it continue to worry you.  Instead, be proud of yourself for taking care of business and not allowing these vultures to take advantage of you.

I would try to get to the bottom of how they found out exactly what products you order.  If it's the supplier I think it is, they sell 3 or 4 different soy waxes and more than one wick type that would work in those waxes, so did they give these people specifics?  That part is very unnerving to me.

Edited by bfroberts
  • Like 3

Sorry, but that site is horrible. This endeavor will crash and burn quickly enough. 

As for “poured by”, well, a couple of my own WS customers do the same. The verbiage on their site leads people to believe they have been making my products for 25+ years.  They are nowhere near as successful as someone who HAS been making the products themselves for half that long. Everyone can see right through them. 

You do you.

It will be uncomfortable for a while, but it will all be behind you soon enough. They have no idea the incredible amount that they don’t know. Wholesaling from you would have been far more profitable, especially at $21.95 for a jar. Creating candles in any sort of volume requires equipment and know how. 

Gentle hugs. 

• Like 2

Wonderful letter Trapp... you cleared the air and spoke your mind. ...Now Forget about those @ssh@les....Karma will get em....oh I believe she already started...by giving them a butt ugly website:D...oops sorry how unladylike of me

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Sorry, but that site is horrible. This endeavor will crash and burn quickly enough. 

As for “poured by”, well, a couple of my own WS customers do the same. The verbiage on their site leads people to believe they have been making my products for 25+ years.  They are nowhere near as successful as someone who HAS been making the products themselves for half that long. Everyone can see right through them. 

You do you.

It will be uncomfortable for a while, but it will all be behind you soon enough. They have no idea the incredible amount that they don’t know. Wholesaling from you would have been far more profitable, especially at $21.95 for a jar. Creating candles in any sort of volume requires equipment and know how. 

Gentle hugs. 

I agree - it’s a totally horrible site with very few offerings geared only to a select obviously small audience and I can’t even see a contact us link..... yes I thought about it 😂

They will crash and burn soon enough, chin up Trapp and carry on  

Oh and I would let your supplier know that was totally unacceptable and nobody but yourself is to have access to your information- they obviously know you being local so they can’t use they told them they were there to pick up for you....a phone call to you could of headed that one right off 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Thankyou everyone for all your most kind and extremely caring words you have given me.....to give me the push to keep on moving and go forward.

If I was ever in a bad situation and needed help I know you all would have my back and it goes vice versa without saying.

This whole thing has really hurt my feelings and to be told also that it is their prerogative for them to go to any of my suppliers for their inspection or approval puts it another step backwards in the wrong direction that they have taken and makes me very ill to think that they can think this way.   To be told that it is none of my business that they went to my supplier and bought whatever supplies they wanted and that the subject is closed and he wasn't going to discuss it further with me is well, ....I'm speechless.....And to be told that he wanted to see my work area (my home) is another area of which I was told there is nothing wrong in him asking that.....in fact he said that the other chotchky things he is offering on his website, he has been to all these places to see how a product is made and that he expects that.....To be told that his offering to take over the funding of all my accounts to purchase my supplies I was told "how many people do I know of who would offer something like that to front money?   Well I never asked for it...My deposits have always taken care of that when I need them from my accounts.   To be told that "They were taken back by my responses to them was uncalled for"...well.... this left me speechless.   To be told it's really none of my business if they want to buy products and attempt to make some candles in their kitchen went beyond too...No, I said..."you can do what ever you want", but the underlying true real reason of WHY they are doing it  is the real question I said...if they were not trying to copy me, what was the purpose of sneakily purchasing products, my products, just to so call see what how much product went in each candle and see how a candle is made?   Well I think not.... Well, I may come across as a very meek, mild, soft spoken, dumb, uneducated person, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday and actually was damn proud of myself that I kept very cool, sitting there just taking all this in.  If you knew me personally and could see my facial expressions, I promise you, you would be laughing at me but in the good way.   My sisters have always told me that..... Well, it's finished now and something I don't ever want to encounter again.  It's another brand new day, I won't dwell on this anymore...I can just close this chapter in my book.

Oh yes, 1 more thing before I forget, as many have asked me this is this thread....How did they find out what wax and supplies I order from?  Your assumptions are correct in that the vendor/supplier did a slip up.....Well, from this couple telling me after he did admit when I actually asked him how did he know?   Well, he did in fact walk into the suppliers house and did tell them that I, Suzanne, is making all his candles for him and he was there to pickup or whatever he said to do and somehow he fang  dangled this info out of the supplier of what I order.  If you read my previous long winded post somewhere in this thread I do believe I did say this.   The day that all this went down a couple days ago, I called the supplier to tell them that there might possibly be someone coming there to possibly try and buy the products of what I order from them and I wanted to let her know what was happening and I told her my situation.  I don't know what even prompted me to even think to even call them, I really don't know how I was one step ahead or tried to be one step ahead in case something like this happens (kudos to me, cause let me tell you, I'm usually not that quick or swift to jump on something like this).  But I did call and speak to the girl who always takes care of me and long story short, she said it is policy that they do not divulge any info about any persons account, God forbid for example a partnership break up and one of the partners going to the source to find out pertinent information....She said don't worry.   Well it happened and unfortunately the person I usually always talk to did not take the order but overheard my name brought up and she really didn't know what the conversation was about but after they left with the product, she then knew what had happened but it was too late.   I guess policy had been broken by accident on their part.  And you know what, the right thing I should have done is call them back and let them know just what they did and how it could possibly affect my business...but I look at it this way.  She didn't have to have called me to tell me this.   I believe she truly did this out of the goodness of her heart and did feel real bad for me and just wanted me to know what has happened as she knew how concerned I was that they NOT FIND OUT what supplies I order for my own business.  I'm thinking she probably might get in trouble with her job there and possibly even lose it for contacting me, you know?   So is it worth it for me to go and run my mouth and tell them how their policy procedure that have was somehow broken in this incident?   I think not and I would feel just horrible if I messed up someone's life or caused them to lose their job even though I'm the person who wound up on the sh......tty end here.    People can be sneaky as what happened here.  And you are correct in thinking you knew what company I'm talking.  (I can't remember who just posted that, but  yes, you are correct).  I don't want to burn any bridges with any suppliers I use and don't want to have to feel uneasy if I have to pickup the phone to call them for something.  It's just not worth it.  I did in fact call her back and told her what happened so all I can hope for is there is a meeting of somewhat that should occur in this suppliers business and make known under all circumstances that it never happen again.  

Soooooooo, a new day is here and it's pouring raining out (I love rainy days too...).  It's all water washed under the bridge now and I'm going to just think positive and learn what I learned from this saga....Geesh, what did I learn???hmmm...I know i tried to be the good person here....I'll have to think on this a bit....

Everyone.......thankyou thankyou for all the support, kind words, words of encouragement you have given me...I speak from the bottom of my heart, I think you all know that.   And for those who I promised I'm going to send you some things that I haven't done yet, don't give up on me....a very bad bad habit that I have always had my entire life is I admit I am a procrastinator and I'm ALWAYS late on everything I do....shoot, I'm going to be late to my own funeral I just know it....but I do come through...I promise you that....

Till later.....have a good day everyone!  I love you all!

Trappeur

• Like 1

You'll definitely come out on the lit end of this tunnel, dear girl.  They were sneaky and conniving and they knew exactly what they were doing was wrong.  If they didn't know it was wrong, they wouldn't have told the lies.
As for the supplier, I would bet that since they know what happened, it will be addressed. I think they are a good company and I cannot imagine it going unaddressed on their end.  I'm in agreement on not making anyone's life miserable when the intent to fraud you was not there.  They have learned a valuable lesson in this also, I'm sure.

I'm gonna back out of this thread now, and maybe you can put it to rest and put it behind you.  It has just been on my mind a lot, because we have sorta been where you are in our real life business, and I know how devastating it feels.

I see your point about the supplier. I probably would have handled it the same way. 

You handled the whole thing beautifully.

Now hopefully they won't use your candles to try and get accounts with your local accounts. Have you thought about contacting them to let them know about the situation? 

It would have to be handled delicately because you don't want to be seen as bashing another business. But, I guess you could just wait and see if they show up in the stores. And then kindly let them know, "I made that." And who knows what you're gonna get after these sell out!

I'm glad you're through it. Best of luck putting it out of your mind and moving forward.  💛

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Thankyou BF and yes I'm putting it to rest as you said.  And yes that supplier is a wonderful one I can't deny that...Things happen....put it behind which I'm doing just that.

Trappeur

YEAH! I like BF's idea! Go get lit in a tunnel! <<<<<<-------------------Now THAT's a PLAN! 

• Haha 1

I have some catching up to do in reading this thread, which I will have to do a bit later. 

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that one of the posts which included the actual link to their site might be able to clue them into this thread as it could show in their referral links in their web client database, so perhaps now that it's been displayed, it could possibly or should possibly be removed ...?  I don't know, but I wanted to mention it for whatever it's worth.

1 minute ago, birdcharm said:

I have some catching up to do in reading this thread, which I will have to do a bit later. 

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that one of the posts which included the actual link to their site might be able to clue them into this thread as it could show in their referral links in their web client database, so perhaps now that it's been displayed, it could possibly or should possibly be removed ...?  I don't know, but I wanted to mention it for whatever it's worth.

Yes

PLEASE cut links. Delete the .COM, make spaces within, etc.

We

Do

Not

Want

Or

Need

Drama

Brought

Here.