Testing Oils in Pint Jars

Is there any reason I shouldn't pour my hot wax directly into pint jars, add fragrance oil, stir, then cure?  For testing, I don't add wicks but poke a hole in the hardened wax to test wicks.  In the past, I would heat wax in pour pot, pour into a glass measuring cup, add oil, stir, then pour into the pint jars when wax reached 145-150 degrees.  

How do you all do your testing?

GoldieMN

I guess there really isn't any reason since they are just for testing since you know how much oil would actually go into the pint jar per according to how much wax is in there since it really isn't 16oz of wax going into the 16oz oz pint glass jar but less.  The only thing I would worry about is pouring 185degree hot wax into the jar, but then those jars are made to withstand heat since they are used for canning.  Goldie I add my oils right to the pour pot.  I have never poured wax into a glass measuring cup and then added my oil.  I do mine like that and then just wipe out the pour pot if I am using a different fragrance afterwards.

Trappeur