Searching for these ingredients...

Kerven

These are ingredients used in cosmetics, so I thought I'd ask here. So far, I haven't been able to find any of them sold retail. Any suggestions?

Ethyl cellulose

Trihydroxystearin

Polyhydroxystearic acid

Tribehenin

Oh wow, if you can't find it on Making Cosmetics, Lotion Crafter, or the Chemistry Store, I'm at a loss....

Hopefully some one (ahem @TallTayl) has some other sources that I don't know about. Sometimes you can request samples from the big companies like Croda if you have proof that you are a business. 

• Thanks 1

I forgot to add Croda to the list. They have a polyamide somethingorother (might be OleoCraft) that sounds like it might work.

I read that - the big chemical companies cracking down on hobbyists and crafters ordering samples. Unfortunately, I haven't set up a business.

Making Cosmetics has almost all of them, but those prices... Woah!

Modernist Pantry has microcrystalline cellulose, which I don't think will perform the same as ethyl cellulose.

Hydroxyethyl and methyl cellulose seem plentiful but not oil-soluble, I think. I'm searching for oil-soluble gelling agents that can thicken or gel oils.