I'm tore up! I need some kinda patch!

Sooooo, my MOTHER shoves a used bar of soap (not a soap I made by the by...) up in my face yesterday as I was getting ready for Church. She want's to know what was in it... I smelled her coming into the room reeking of Patchouli.

ME:"That's patchouli mom." 

MOM: "Oh, well I really like the smell, can you make it?"

Me: "Yeah I can as soon as I get the Indonesian EO. BUT If I MAKE THIS FOR YOU... I'm MAKING it in YOUR KITCHEN!" 

So the upshot is where are all'y'all Getting your Dark Indonesian Patch from?  (would anyone have about 4 ounces to spare?) 

TFTH!

Cheers, 
Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

Sponie, I have a little 2oz bottle from Bulk that I love and has lasted me forever. BUT I don't use it in soap, I only use it in lotions and perfumes. That stuff is crazy pricey!

I was pleasantly surprised at how close Aztec's patch FO smells to the real thing. A connoisseur might turn up their nose, but for soap I say good enough. Filmore also has a nice realistic FO.

If you have your heart set on the real thing (and really all imitators are pale), I have always been happy with my EO purchases from Bulk and NDA.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Patch is my #1 blender for soaps and candles.........there is nothing better IMHO to mellow out a floral or fruity scent and it doesn't have to be used to the extent that you smell it when a person enters the room...if Mom likes it strong, then make it that way for her but hold back on the % of patch if you plan on making it for the market.  Your nose will tell you what's good....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it is good to bring Mom into the issue....other times NOT.  If you want to make a product that impresses MOM then go for it...using the FO scents that you think will rock her boat..............if you have other interests  as is making a product to market then we'll have to leave MOM out of the picture.  I make a shaving soap that my Hubby like so I make that for him but that does not stop  me from make soaps with other scents.  If MOM's opinion tends to stop your future  experiments, then do not give into that..........continue to experiment with other scents.

As much as we appreciate the opinions of those around us, it is not always something that we can take to the open market or the bank....whatever blends you come up with should be tested.(MOM totally out of the pic)...if it is a blend that you are proud of then go for it.

I make and sell a lot of Patchouli soap/scrubs.   I've been using this one for quite a few years and it's really good.  I wasn't a huge fan of Patch but it has grown on me.  I have a couple customers that order an entire loaf at least 1-2 times a year.  It was recommended to me by a long time soaper and the price is still very reasonable. It's strong and sticks.

http://www.fragrancelaboratory.com/store.html#!/Patchouli-Oil-Dark-Indonesian-Essential-Oil/p/36089366/category=9255019

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scented said:

:faint: Patch is a necessity boy and the longer it sits, the better it gets. Your mother will love it if you make it in her kitchen. How could you not love the smell?

Sure! I agree, and I do like the smell of patch... HOWEVER, At that time my soap formulation was HP and patch in a HP would be WAY TOO much patch for me to handle psychologically... I mean I would be seeing the color of patch with my EARS I would be so thoroughly gassed in patchouli... REALLY strong FO's I don't enjoy making with HP.
That has ALL CHANGED NOW!!!!
TT's gotten me back on the path of the righteous! Without her help I'd still be a HP heretic... 

SPEAKING of hot process heretics! Has anyone seen Faerywren lately? I don't think I've seen any posts from her in a while... (I'm also kinda in and out of here spasmodically soo... yeah.) 

OKILOVEYABYEBYE!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Patch, amber and musk are scents that I gravitate to.......any of those 3 will impress your Mom.............now that said, I am not a soaper other than CP rebatching.  Since I use CP rebatching soap from BB, I have a lot of options on scents and oils for superfatting.......melt down the CP rebatching soap shreads,,,,,,add any thing you want ...oils, scents, etc..........and you end up with one hell of a soap.........lather abounds.......guaranteed to make any Mom proud.

The last batch of CP rebatch I made included additions of coconut oil and emu oil......OMG, the lather that is produced was amazing..yeah I did not make this soap from scratch but it is amazing and the lather will impress anyone that uses it. 

On 9/15/2018 at 4:47 PM, Scented said:

:faint: Patch is a necessity boy and the longer it sits, the better it gets. Your mother will love it if you make it in her kitchen. How could you not love the smell?

OMG............love that aged Patch......the older it gets the thicker it gets.  I can't think of any FO that cannot be improved with a touch of Patch.

Now I have myself all worked up to make a batch of Patch soap!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 2:45 AM, Pam W said:

So, what's the latest on making some awesome Patch soap for your Mom?

Still hasn't happened... Not overly stressed about making it right now either. Too many other things going on to sweat a 28 oz loaf. I'll get around to it when I get the chance. 

• 10 months later...

I made the patch soap, and I even added it to my line. Turned out great. I've got no pictures of it, but it's pink-ish and white swirls like 99.9% of ALL of my soap. This is a special edition Christmas loaf I made of HTFHP (which I'm NOT doing anymore, I'm back to straight CP with a HUGE water discount). 

It's called Noel's Warmth and it's got CS Christmas Hearth in it. 

I have NO internet at work (still) so I'm not on here as much these days. 

Slainte, 

Sponiebr
The Executive of BAD Ideas and Sundry Services 

62215489_10161740462995263_789154112691240960_o.jpg

• Like 1