Rustic Escentuals Scent Event is coming up!

kdmorgan

38 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

So the 20 samples + the $19.21 ship is not coming out to much of a discount right .I am in Tx ,so would be high for me as well .

Technically it is considering if it wasn't for the sale that same amount of oils would run you probably 50$+ before shipping was added. 

Another way to look at it is this 20$ for 20 oils +20$ for shipping equates to 2$ per ounce of oil.  That is a hell of a discount when there oils all run over 2$ an oz normally.  Basically it is like buying the oils at a slight discount with free shipping if you take into consideration the per oz cost including shipping charges.  My order came to less than 2.30$ an ounce with shipping included. 

I figured this math might help some people to understand it is not as bad as they really think it is.

Edited by ncraiders
  • Like 2

Hmmmmm....I was just about to post asking what shipping was for any of you who ordere,d and I see you're already discussing it.  That is a bit steep!  I actually may end up with two sample sets (you can order more than one, but it has to be all unique FOs) so that might distribute shipping costs a bit.  Make it less costly per FO.

• Like 1

I ordered the 20 samples, a one pounder, two 8oz bottles, and a 4oz bottle. My shipping was $19. 

It is a great deal if you order other things with it. FWIW, I love their room/body spray, they have a ton of micas and glitters (shoot! I forgot to order glitter!), they have adorable lip gloss pots....

I can put a good amount of stuff in my cart before the shipping gets too crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

I ordered the 20 samples, a one pounder, two 8oz bottles, and a 4oz bottle. My shipping was $19. 

It is a great deal if you order other things with it. FWIW, I love their room/body spray, they have a ton of micas and glitters (shoot! I forgot to order glitter!), they have adorable lip gloss pots....

I can put a good amount of stuff in my cart before the shipping gets too crazy.

You reminded me:  they have a pink mica that I was wondering if it would work for blush.  Would you know anything about that?

I don't suppose you've tried the moisturizing body spray, or the liquid shower gel?

Edited by Darbla
add'l question

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

@Darbla I'm not sure, but I think you can order two or more of the same sets.  Just can't order within a set, duplicates. 

GoldieMN

You can only order one of each scent per order.  To get two of the same scent, you'd have to place different orders which doubles the shipping cost.

3 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Are you kidding me near $20 for the samples only ? Wow that's way to much .I think I will pass on  this sale. 

Yes, all I had in my cart were the samples..  WAAAY too much. I may go back and see if it would be worth it if I order a couple pounds too.

• Like 1

Ugh.  I'm kinda striking out.  A lot of their scents apparently are not part of the sale.  London Fog, Paris Night's, Issey Myake, and that Children's Room I was so excited for are all excluded.

Edited by Darbla
removed FO

1 hour ago, Darbla said:

You can only order one of each scent per order.  To get two of the same scent, you'd have to place different orders which doubles the shipping cost.

Sorry, this is incorrect, @Darbla.  You can order as many sampler sets as you want in one order. :) I just messaged them to be sure.

GoldieMN

3 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Sorry, this is incorrect, @Darbla.  You can order as many sampler sets as you want in one order. :) I just messaged them to be sure.

GoldieMN

Right.  Multiple sampler sets, but each set has to have unique scents.  I stated above that I may order more than 1 set but now it's looking like I'll barely have enough for even one set....

From their site:  " Choose 20 scents from our drop down menu for each Sampler Pack you'd like to order. Because you are limited to one of each scent per order, as you choose fragrance oils, they will be removed from the other drop-downs. "

Edited by Darbla
add'l info

3 hours ago, ncraiders said:

Technically it is considering if it wasn't for the sale that same amount of oils would run you probably 50$+ before shipping was added. 

Another way to look at it is this 20$ for 20 oils +20$ for shipping equates to 2$ per ounce of oil.  That is a hell of a discount when there oils all run over 2$ an oz normally.  Basically it is like buying the oils at a slight discount with free shipping if you take into consideration the per oz cost including shipping charges.  My order came to less than 2.30$ an ounce with shipping included. 

I figured this math might help some people to understand it is not as bad as they really think it is.

Yes true enough ,guess I am used to the flat rate with other suppliers lol...

I do pay a higher price for ship with Candlewic ,however I buy wax when I order from them & wait for the discount shipping codes .

I have not calculated ship to Tx from RE as of yet ,will see what it comes out to this evening.

The other issue is I see some here are saying you can only get select scents ,will check my options now. 

1 hour ago, franu61 said:

Yes, all I had in my cart were the samples..  WAAAY too much. I may go back and see if it would be worth it if I order a couple pounds too.

I was thinking the same thing ,maybe order a few of the pounds bottles . I see only  select scents are in the sales event .

The others can be ordered separately .I will check ship to Tx & see what price I get .

26 minutes ago, Darbla said:

Ugh.  I'm kinda striking out.  A lot of their scents apparently are not part of the sale.  London Fog, Paris Night's, Issey Myake, and that Children's Room I was so excited for are all excluded.

Darbla, I would be more than happy to send you a sample of Children's Room. I adore the scent & it is spot in to Loves Baby Soft . I was blessed to get some from a friend a while back. PM your address ,I can get this out to you promptly.

I do not have the others you are wanting ,they sound great thou .

I am wanting to order RE ,however not sure if I want another supplier , especially with the High shipping . Kinda spoiled with  flat rate shipping cost lol.

I do order from C Wic & the ship is high with them as well ,however I do order their wax & wait on discount ship codes when buying the oils I love . 

Kat 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbla said:

You reminded me:  they have a pink mica that I was wondering if it would work for blush.  Would you know anything about that?

I don't suppose you've tried the moisturizing body spray, or the liquid shower gel?

Yes, you could definitely use their mica for blush. Many of them are lip safe too, when possible I like to find one that does double duty. Were you thinking a powder blush or more like a stain? I sure do love to play with cosmetics.

I have not tried the moisturizing spray or the shower gel. I don't generally use many bases, but I love that their room/body spray is alcohol based and (again) can do double duty. 

HTH!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ncraiders said:

All true Ncraiders, but I just can't bring myself to pay as much for shipping as the product.  :)  I don't use any of their oils now and this is not a good enough incentive  for me to try em out.

Edited by franu61
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Darbla, I would be more than happy to send you a sample of Children's Room. I adore the scent & it is spot in to Loves Baby Soft . I was blessed to get some from a friend a while back. PM your address ,I can get this out to you promptly.

❤️ You are very sweet, but I think I'm just going to take y'alls word for it and maybe order a bottle after I've finished up a couple of other similar scents.

The main ones I wanted not being part of the sale really dampened my enthusiasm for this, and I think I can resist.  There'll be a better sale come along.  :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes true enough ,guess I am used to the flat rate with other suppliers lol...

I do pay a higher price for ship with Candlewic ,however I buy wax when I order from them & wait for the discount shipping codes .

I have not calculated ship to Tx from RE as of yet ,will see what it comes out to this evening.

The other issue is I see some here are saying you can only get select scents ,will check my options now. 

Did you find out if it was select scents Kat?   I didn't see that.

Trappeur

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Did you find out if it was select scents Kat?   I didn't see that.

Trappeur

Yes  once you go to the sample pack of 20 ,click the arrow in the drop down menu ,scents are listed below .I see not all  scents are included in the sale ,kinda frustrating ,as I had a list of the ones I wanted ,many are not on the list kwim.

I will definitely have to buy a few pound bottles to get the best deal ,due to the costly shipping. I have no clue what  scents to choose in pound size . I have never purchased from RE . I am definitely thinking about a pound of Dreamcatcher ,sounds so interesting .

Trapp do you have any good recommendations? The fresh Peach also may be a winner,I just don't know . I want to select 20 samples & 3 pounds that are not included in sale .lol.. I hope I am making scents here lol. So what's great Trapp?????Need some ideas here .Thank you so much 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbla said:

❤️ You are very sweet, but I think I'm just going to take y'alls word for it and maybe order a bottle after I've finished up a couple of other similar scents.

The main ones I wanted not being part of the sale really dampened my enthusiasm for this, and I think I can resist.  There'll be a better sale come along.  :)

I know what you mean .This will be my first order ,if I decide to pay the High ship. I will definitely add a few pound bottles to make it worth paying the ship kwim. You are right thou,more sales will certainly follow .Let me know if you change your mind on the CR ,I have plenty & do not mind sending you some .

It is a wonderful scent 😉

Kat

On 7/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, Sarah S said:

Well, that was a letdown. Nearly half the oils on my wish list weren't available for the sampler. 😡

I did find 20 that I wanted to try, but overall I was disappointed. I did need another pound of Clothespins, and I got 4oz of the Children's Room for baby stuff for my bestie, otherwise I might have skipped it all together. @Marleigha, I got a whole 8oz of the Issey, you made it sound so awesome I couldn't pass it up! 😄

Sarah I promise you once you put it in product your going to absolutely fall in love.  It's really a very versatile FO.  Well to my nose anyways.  My good friend who lives in Indianapolis told me to give it a try, that she loves it!  So for the scent event last year I ordered it... OOB I wasn't a fan so it just sat and sat.  She asked me if I had tried it yet and I told her no.  She said just put it in product and then let her know what I thought .  I just so happened to be  talking to another friend of mine who has also used Issey and she said just put a dab of it on your arm and smell it 2 or 3 minutes later.  So about 3 minutes later on that very day is when I fell incredibly head over heals in love with the Issey from RE.  Then once you put it in wax it's DREAMY!   Please do share your thoughts on it once it arrives.  

I placed a rather large order the very last day of the sale with RE.  I was really sooo..... shocked when I got an email this morning saying my order from RE already shipped!  It's scheduled to arrive Friday by the end of the day!!!  I expected it to be delayed due to the sale and what the website said.  The website said something about orders could take up to 2 weeks to ship, that's why I was so shocked!  😇  What else did you order?  I took your suggestion and ordered a 16 oz bottle of Clothespins instead of getting the 16 oz bottle of Flannel Sheets.  Your description of it sounded so fresh and clean without being overwhelming.  Thanks so much again!  😇

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 3:21 PM, franu61 said:

well I'm bummed!  Had 20 scents picked out, but shipping would be $19.21!  

I have to agree with you about their shipping sometimes.  I guess it's based off of where you live.  I'm in Ohio and they are in Sorth Carolina so at first I figured my shipping would be reasonable.  My friend lives in Indianapolis and her shipping was much lower than mine.  I am still baffled at how their shipping prices work.  But I quickly figured out that the more you add the more reasonable shipping becomes.  I ordered 13, 1 pound bottles & 60, 1 oz bottles and my shipping was $29.71 Which is still higher than Candle Science which is further away from me and only $21.63 but their oils are unique and I love them for that and they always perform so well in my wax.  So maybe try a few 8 oz or 16 oz bottles along with your samples.  The shipping certainly improves the more you add. Kwim? I hope this helps.  

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 2