Tins vs. Glass Jars

Does anyone know about Tim candle holders? I have always used glass jars, but I’ve did some research and they say tin holders reduce soot.... is this true? I also see that the tin holders are much easier to deal with when it comes to adherence and things of that nature! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myia said:

Does anyone know about Tim candle holders? I have always used glass jars, but I’ve did some research and they say tin holders reduce soot.... is this true? I also see that the tin holders are much easier to deal with when it comes to adherence and things of that nature! 

Depends on the opening size of the container. Size, shape of the jar, the wick system, and type of wax all contribute (among many other variables of course) to how much or how little a candle will soot. There is no 1 thing that will prevent/reduce soot. it's all about how the candle itself is assembled. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Myia said:

If you're talking about the Tins with the lids, they're really easy and they hide a lot of mistakes. I use the 8 oz Tins and everyone likes them. Shop around for price. Some sellers seem to think the tins are REALLY valuable. Lowest price I've found so far is the tin and lid for around 76 cents. If anyone knows where I can get them for a few pennies less, please let me know. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Myia said:

What is  a good wick for tin? I know dye, wax, and all that comes into play but maybe a ballpark on type (HTP, Zinc, etc.)?

Impossible question. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood. 

simple answer, the smallest size you can for the type of wax you use. 

In my case, the current lot number of C3 soy open in my shop, eco 6 - eco12 or eco14 in extreme cases depending on scent. You have to test each and every fragrance, color, change from start to finish. Different batches of soy wax may need different sizes. Last year’s soy cd10-cd16. 

4360 in my dragons blood I got a nice burn with paper wicks with the size starting with P44.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, Myia said:

What is  a good wick for tin? I know dye, wax, and all that comes into play but maybe a ballpark on type (HTP, Zinc, etc.)?

On 7/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, TallTayl said:

Impossible question. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood. 

As TallTayl said, it would be like asking: How long is a piece of string?  How much does a diamond cost? What's the price for a square yd of carpet?  I'm just playing. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1