FedX Video

Trappeur

That big box he just threw on the ground must have been mine from Community Candle as a couple of jars came shattered.  I'm sure FedX isn't happy with this video which went Viral on Facebook and everywhere else.

Just disgusting...

Trappeur

I can't see it but know exactly which video you are talking about.

To be quite honest, I just assumed that all package carriers treat their packages this way. (Not every single package, but a a lot of packages, in every package delivery company there is)

I know several people (even dated a couple) who drive or have driven for UPS, and every single one of them flat out say if the box is stamped "FRAGILE" or "Handle with care" or anything stating to be extra careful/cautious on it, they purposely rough-house it to see exactly how "fragile" it is.

Ever since I got told that I NEVER mark my packages with anything that isn't otherwise required by law. 

36 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I can't see it but know exactly which video you are talking about.

To be quite honest, I just assumed that all package carriers treat their packages this way. (Not every single package, but a a lot of packages, in every package delivery company there is)

I know several people (even dated a couple) who drive or have driven for UPS, and every single one of them flat out say if the box is stamped "FRAGILE" or "Handle with care" or anything stating to be extra careful/cautious on it, they purposely rough-house it to see exactly how "fragile" it is.

Ever since I got told that I NEVER mark my packages with anything that isn't otherwise required by law. 

Wow sadly that does not really surprise me at all.

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

Okay I don't even see a link for a vid

If you are on facebook or even just google, you can google FedEx package handling, and it's a video of the driver literally just chucking boxes around and one the one guy even purposely lifts then slams down on the ground very hard. 

It's shot at an angle from above and I don't think they realized they were being filmed,. but honestly as I said in my earlier post, I just automatically assumed this is how package handlers treat their packages. That's why it's always so important to pack like it's going to go through a tornado, because chances are, it's going to get treated like the packages in the referenced video at some point in it's transportation. 

• Like 1

Wow!  One of the clips has nothing to do with the driver mishandling the package but to me it is even worse than that.  

There is a ton more on youtube but i posted this one due to 2 clips in it specifically.

Edited by ncraiders

15 minutes ago, iansmommaya said:

It takes a special kind of person to be both stupid and lazy.

Ain't that the truth.  I admit to being lazy but even i would not do that stuff.  I can't understand why those people think that is ok.  They would be the first ones to call and complain if there package was handled the same way they handle them.  

10 minutes ago, Candybee said:

why am I not surprized? This is why I package my orders like they are going to be handled by gorillas. I also insure them.. all of them.

I feel like after seeing this if you are shipping a candles wrap them in a ton of bubble wrap than stick it in a box after wrapping them in several inches of bubble wrap.  As well as insuring the item in it.

It seems like you need to test throwing your package out the second story window before shipping them after seeing clips like those.

Edited by ncraiders
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Candybee said:

I thought the most shocking vid was the one with the package stuck on the front of the fedex truck going down the highway. Sheesh!!

Yeah i saw that and was like what has that driver been smoking or taking to not have noticed that.

I gotta defend our local delivery people...UPS guy is great..carries dog treats for our "guard" dog..lol    And my wife loves he wears shorts all year long.  Fedex has always been great, and on time with no mishaps..same with purolater...and our we are on a first name basis with our local posties. The only problems we have had are suppliers...delivery people have been great so far.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 4:20 PM, ncraiders said:

Yeah i saw that and was like what has that driver been smoking or taking to not have noticed that.

As a truck driver who drives that exact same setup of a truck ( just not for FedEx)

It is quite feasable that the box is empty and was either placed there at his previous location or ended up there by accident. Most truck drivers do not even get out of their cabs during off loads and will just jump in the seat and start driving once delivery is complete. On a long nosed Freightliner like that, the front end of that truck is a complete blind spot for us. So the driver literally cannot see that box there. Nor could he feel it. We haul 100,000lb loads up hill and our trucks are very powerful. That box in the front there has the same effect a fly would have on the driver. So he most likely could not even tell he was pushing something. 

Most people dont realize the true nature and danger of these trucks and all the blind spots we have. With that said, he should have done a proper pre trip before heading down the road. If he had done so he would have seen that box stuck to his front grill! 😂😂

• Like 3