What do you think about this packaging?

On 7/16/2018 at 10:31 AM, katmeltswax said:

I see you all are night owls lol...Or Very early risers ,right Trapp 😀

Lightmyfire your clam labels look very professional.

Do you sale these wholesale or retail , perhaps both right?

I am just curious & wanted to let you know how Great these look . I also love the name "Wimberley Wax" ,such a upscale name .😉

Love these!!!!

Kat 

I meant Wimberley Wix ,same as you have it on your label .Sorry bout that just a typo error on my part .Adore the name you chose .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Heres a handy guide that will answer many many of the questions and comments above:

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017/04/28/1020-1-labeling-guides-weight.pdf

Thanks TallTayl. This is some really good stuff. Good enough to print off in color and put in a binder. How do you find all this info?

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

@ncraiders, @Quentin @Trappeur

Heres a handy guide that will answer many many of the questions and comments above:

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017/04/28/1020-1-labeling-guides-weight.pdf

pages 10-11 spell out the solutions to the challenges named above, namely approximate and the location of each piece of info (front panel, etc.) 

Marie Gale is very helpful for soap and cosmetic labeling - which is very similar to candle labeling

https://www.mariegale.com/quick-labeling-faq/

so after reading the info on the gov link, my question is regarding the opening line in that document:

"This guide is intended to provide manufacturers, packers, distributors, and retailers of packaged products with information about the labeling requirements for commodities that are sold by weight in the consumer marketplace".

Why does a candle or melt have to show the weight?   They aren't technically sold by weight, are they?  It seems that they price is for the finished product regardless of the weight.  Just wondering...............I'm sure someone has this answer all ready to go!

• Like 2

What other unit of measure would give the consumer the information needed to decide if the item were as described? 

By “the candle” could be a jar with 1 oz of wax or 100.

we buy our wax by the lb.

fragrances from the lab are by the lb, (later rebottled by retailers as fluid ounces with specific gravity info provided to calculate actual costs, etc. )

cereal is by the oz.

meat by the lb. 

lip balm is by the oz/gram

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

What other unit of measure would give the consumer the information needed to decide if the item were as described? 

By “the candle” could be a jar with 1 oz of wax or 100.

we buy our wax by the lb.

fragrances from the lab are by the lb, (later rebottled by retailers as fluid ounces with specific gravity info provided to calculate actual costs, etc. )

cereal is by the oz.

meat by the lb. 

lip balm is by the oz/gram

Indeed :wink: