Best birthday present ever!

I'm so excited that I couldn't keep from sharing my joy over the birthday present my husband gave me last week.  He presented me with the design for a 14' X 20' addition on our home that he's having built and it will be for my candle making studio!!  I'm beside myself!!!  We went to the local restaurant supply and ordered several stainless prep tables and a few baker's racks with trays for storing candles while they're curing.  I'm retiring in January from my sales job and going full time with my candle business and I need more space than our kitchen can provide.  I'll most likely never come close to replacing my current income but we have worked hard to pay off our mortgage and be debt free so that I can pursue something that I love.  

If anyone is interested I will post photos of the progress of the construction---they break ground this week.  :yay:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

:yay::yay::yay:OHHH I'm soo excited for youlightmyfire....I'm sure it's a dream for many of us...perhaps we can live vicariously through you...and YES you better keep us posted on the progress...preferably with pictures !!

• Thanks 1

OH MY GOODNESS! Happy Birthday and Happy Retirement! You must be ecstatic! What a wonderful thing he is doing for you! When a husband supports a wife in something like this....chokes me up for sure! I'll bet you HUGGED HIS NECK over this!

Please share the pictures of the progress....LOVE to see what he comes up with for you.

TRUE LOVE and support! What a beautiful gesture! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you to all of you for your enthusiasm for my good fortune and super awesome and hunky hubby:wink:  I am exceptionally blessed to be married to a man that just wants me to be happy.  We are besties for sure.  💘💜

I'll send pics as soon as they get started.................so dang excited I can hardly stand it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Birthday @lightmyfire  And how exciting!!! I would also love to see pictures!  What a kind hubby you have.  When my step daughter moved out a few year back, my hubby surprised me with making her room into my craft room.  He had some custom cabinetry made and ordered new carpet for me, so I can definitely recall the excitement from just that!  I can just imagine your happiness from a whole NEW addition!  After working so hard your entire life you deserve it after retirement!!!  So happy for you!!! 💕😇💕😇💕

Keep us all posted!  

• Thanks 1

Quick update but an important one..........the construction crew is here for the first day of work on my candle studio!!  Too bad I can't watch the progress as I'll be at work but probably a good thing.  I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy the porta potty right on the edge of the street in front of the house.  Eh, whatta ya gonna do??!!    I'll keep you posted with the progress

IMG_4441.JPG.7674680e6b7c245c086206a3ae858246.JPGIMG_4443.JPG.29dbfbcfbfb7fe0d44878e228114829f.JPGIMG_4444.JPG.d496b959b4bd70aa34ce8a5642384cf1.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Happy for you....that has to be exciting...Geesh that portolette is right on the road.   You would think they could have found a better place for it or move it back some!  Oh well.   lol

Keep us posted.

Trappeur

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Happy for you....that has to be exciting...Geesh that portolette is right on the road.   You would think they could have found a better place for it or move it back some!  Oh well.   lol

Keep us posted.

Trappeur

Trappeur lol and it's a nice bright color. 

Lightmyfire I'm excited for you.

Here's the progress--the slab has been poured and they did a fantastic job!  They were making GREAT progress until our neighborhood informed us that they chose Friday to repave the road that goes to our house.  Ugh!  That meant an entire day of no construction.  Then they informed us yesterday afternoon that the road will be closed Monday also to finish paving so another day of no construction.  I'm SO upset but not much I can do about it.  They will start framing on Tuesday now so I'll just have to be patient.  :whistling:

IMG_4467.JPG.ac9c143a0eeb200c8a80e6ca7ea63b25.JPG

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pam W said:

Ok, so in the near future we can expect to see some amazing recreations coming out of the new addition...........Will that be candles, soaps, B&B, etc??????????

Yes indeed!  The same candles and melts I'm already making but I won't have to put away all my stuff when I'm finished!!

• Like 1