Why am I getting this with 6006?

The only thing I can think of is your repour temperature might be too hot?  When I do a hotter repour that will happen to me.   Hmmmm...but it sure is a beautiful candle you have there....so creamy and a nice sheen to the candle....

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

The only thing I can think of is your repour temperature might be too hot?  When I do a hotter repour that will happen to me.   Hmmmm...but it sure is a beautiful candle you have there....so creamy and a nice sheen to the candle....

Trappeur

Thanks, that is actually a single pour, no repour.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 1:33 AM, bfroberts said:

I'd try pouring a little cooler.  

ETA:  Oops, just realized this was already answered.

Hi ... do you mind me asking if you use 6006 straight? I saw previously you use it. I am thinking of giving it a go, as this summer is killing me! I made some testers last night and this morning they are swimming in oil (some Advanced I've been having trouble wicking!)  I  like 464 and hav been using a beautiful cocosoy blend , but they are all way too soft for our recent heatwave. Thankyou

Edited by obsessed

8 hours ago, obsessed said:

Hi ... do you mind me asking if you use 6006 straight? I saw previously you use it. I am thinking of giving it a go, as this summer is killing me! I made some testers last night and this morning they are swimming in oil (some Advanced I've been having trouble wicking!)  I  like 464 and hav been using a beautiful cocosoy blend , but they are all way too soft for our recent heatwave. Thankyou

Yes, I use 6006 straight. I've tried blending it with other waxes in the past but I didn't find any benefit to that at all.

Several reasons:

Taller jar than it is wide. (more shrinkage top to bottom)

cover and cool them at a slower rate

it happens sometimes with lots of waxes

try pouring cooler

I use 6006 a lot and rarely have issues that require any repours or topping off.