Sellers are being kicked off Square for selling "occult" items

I use square because Etsy changed to square, but Square did a hinky thing a while ago and now I'm looking for something else. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3dmy38/witches-are-being-kicked-off-of-square-for-selling-occult-items

This would cover me 100%.

Does anyone use a different app for processing CC at sales?

Excerpt from the article:

"When I read 'occult,' I think, OK, they don't want me to sell unbaptized baby blood or like, they don't want me to say, 'Buy this chicken and I'll sacrifice it for you,'" Katie said. "I get that and maybe you shouldn't sell that on the internet anyway."

Yeah, MAYBE baby blood might not be the best thing to sell on the internet... I mean at LEAST not on the OPEN web. Darknet, sure. You can get anything on unlisted services. :laugh2:

Still, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on banning any sort of craft items? Chargebacks? Really!? Uh, no... 
Makes no sense to me at all. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow! I recently added some products to my Facebook page and 3 products were flagged.  The scents absinthe, exotic hemp, and flowering cannabis.

When I first saw it I figured because they had cannabis or alcohol in the description and I was ready to try and reword them. Nope. They were flagged because it appears I was advertising a dating service!

How do I even fix that?! 

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, iansmommaya said:

I use square because Etsy changed to square, but Square did a hinky thing a while ago and now I'm looking for something else. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3dmy38/witches-are-being-kicked-off-of-square-for-selling-occult-items

This would cover me 100%.

Does anyone use a different app for processing CC at sales?

Have you tried contacting Square about this? Maybe if you describe what it is you are selling they may allow it. I can't see how selling crystals and rocks can be considered taboo.

• Like 1

OMG are we back to the Puritan times?  Are Pilgrims online and flagging this stuff???  Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I'd probably be kicked off for peddling devilish red candles and Jack O'Lantern candle holders and witch's besoms (aka cinnamon brooms).

• Thanks 1