Wick struggles

Hello, I have been texting wick for months and NO ONE can seem to help solve my problem or give any suggestions. I am using Pro blend 400 wax from The Flaming Candle, with the elite/status 8oz jars. I have tried the entire HTP wick testing kit along with a zinc wick, but everything is either causing mushroom top wick or a large amount of black sooth. Do you have any suggestions?

Also since I change from the 4630 parrifin was, I don’t get a good kick with smells anymore. 

Had to look that one up. Have you contacted Flaming for their wick recommendations?

For paraffin (like 4630) I have had the best luck with paper core in the limited types I experimented with. CD series may work well for you too.

mushrooming and sooting (to me) is a result of overwicking. Could be the wrong size or the wrong series of wick. The flame melts too much fuel, and then too much fuel is being fed into the wick. The wick cannot burn enough of it so it chokes and does not combust fully. This is like a car that is "running rich" with too much gas being forced into the engine. Think of the smoke and carbon release from a car like that.

If Flaming cannot guide you, I'd contact PrecisionWicking.com for their help. If you fill out a little form they provide with your wax, container details, etc. they reply with several recommendations from their lab.

Hope this helps.