The other side of art...

MrDan

So a couple people on here know already that I’m also an artist. I generally work in graphite and tend to do portraits that make me happy or remind me of a good time in life. 

Hopefully I’m not posting too much; just wanted to share.

Enjoy!

CF06FDF7-9D48-47CD-89DC-17543148FF97.jpeg

91A0A107-51DB-4D6A-B36B-C50DE3278F0C.jpeg

1FEA4936-D1BB-43B6-B9A1-EC18541B7234.jpeg

99187D08-41DE-4089-9DAA-61CE3BF142DD.jpeg

• Like 7

Your drawings are beautiful Mr. Dan....I especially liked the one of the guy holding the drink.  What is graphite?   Pencil drawings or chalk?

And that is great to show who you are and what you do.   We LOVE pictures....  Got any more?

Trappeur

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Your drawings are beautiful Mr. Dan....I especially liked the one of the guy holding the drink.  What is graphite?   Pencil drawings or chalk?

And that is great to show who you are and what you do.   We LOVE pictures....  Got any more?

Trappeur

Thats The Dude from The Big Lebowski! 

Graphite is pencil, or what most people call lead. I do add a little charcoal or chalk now and then.

And I’ve always got more! Maybe next I’ll share some of my paper mâché sculpture!

E1B791E9-E5FE-4855-809A-81F2D4EEE97B.jpeg

3D7F2CCB-5132-4776-A0CE-A1724CA80B96.jpeg

1A04E875-95E4-42F7-B2C2-CD895851B2FE.jpeg

E055BF19-731B-40E2-9F85-63C293822DEC.jpeg

• Like 3

Really!  Omg, the expressions of the facial features are unbelievable.   That little girl is so precious.   The one at the top with the wild hair doo looks like me first thing in the morning....

Trappeur

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hopie said:

REALLY beautiful, Mr. Dan...yep, we wanna' see MORE! I think it was...Nick Nolte that played The Big Lebowski? 

Oh my...no! Jeff Bridges was Lebowski. A must watch for those who haven’t yet, or haven’t in a while. I think everyone should aspire to be like The Dude, lol

And thank you!

7 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Really!  Omg, the expressions of the facial features are unbelievable.   That little girl is so precious.   The one at the top with the wild hair doo looks like me first thing in the morning....

Trappeur

Thank you!

That precious little thing is now my 10 year old monster, lol. I only mostly kid.

And the wild haired one is Beetlejuice! I’ve always liked to say the only person with worse hair is my mother in law, and that’s not just in the morning!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrDan said:

Oh my...no! Jeff Bridges was Lebowski. A must watch for those who haven’t yet, or haven’t in a while. I think everyone should aspire to be like The Dude, lol

And thank you!

Thank you!

That precious little thing is now my 10 year old monster, lol. I only mostly kid.

And the wild haired one is Beetlejuice! I’ve always liked to say the only person with worse hair is my mother in law, and that’s not just in the morning!

You bad! lol...your mother in law?   lol

Trappeur

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hopie said:

Ahhh...yes, it was Jeff Bridges. I am thinking about a different movie...the one where Nolte played a homeless guy?

Down and Out in Beverly Hills! Now that you mention it, they are kind of similar looking! Another good flick too, lol

• Like 1

I Love Audrey and Seymour!!...haven't thought of little shop of horrors  in years 

Feed me, Seymour... Feed me all night long - That's right, boy! - You can do it! ...Feed me.

You are a fantastic artist and I CAN"T WAIT to see your paper mache!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrDan said:

@Jcandleattic

If that’s the case...

HAHA Love it. You are very talented. 

His poor car by the end of that movie. Reminded me of the car in Blues Brothers.

The Dude just could not catch a break!! And he was so chill... LOL Now I need to go watch the movie again. The only part of that movie I didn't really like was when he was hallucinating was sliding down the bowling ally under all the Vegas girls' legs. It's been about 5 years since I've watched, though, so yeah, definitely time for a rewatch! 

Do you ever watch cake decorating shows? One I watched with Ace of Cakes, Duff Goldman (the owner) did a cake of a big toe with green polish and a bowling pin background, and a White Russian glass next to it.

When others looked confused or would ask him why or what it was, all he'd say was "watch Big Labowski" LOL 

I could have sworn the cake looked better than this, but here's an image - 

aceofcakeslebowski.jpg.9424f4678024e4565191bcc6687efa01.jpg

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Fantastic artwork! Graphite is a tough medium, IMO, when you eliminate color it's tougher to get shading and perspective right. Thanks for sharing, it's a treat to view!

Thanks! 

Its funny, because when I try to work in color I get so confused, lol. I can do maybe two colors, but that’s pushing it. Candles has been the first real use of color in awhile, aside from some of my paper mâché works.

• 5 weeks later...