Need help in finding these wicks.

Does anyone know a supplier where I can get all these wicks from?  I have been having to buy from 2 to 3 separate suppliers as none offer all the wicks in 1 place.  I have checked every company out there that i can think of and haven't had any luck.  It's horrible to have to buy from different suppliers and pay shipping on each of these companies.

100 cd 4's....I use the 3" short ones.

100 cd 5's.....These need to be the standard like 6 to 7" length.

100 cd 7's.....These need to be the standard like 6 to 7" length.

I can get all of them at BC but the cd 7's you have to buy 1000 at a time....not 100 at a time...I don't understand the reason behind this.

Thank.....Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Supplier has to buy bulk to get wholesale so if not a common size that make it worth buying, they have to sell bulk, hence the 1000 qty.   I'd use Candlewic as well if it's something you replace several times a year.  I buy 500 cotton core at a time from them, or sometimes you can catch the sizes needed in candlewic's ebay store where you can get 100. 

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Supplier has to buy bulk to get wholesale so if not a common size that make it worth buying, they have to sell bulk, hence the 1000 qty.   I'd use Candlewic as well if it's something you replace several times a year.  I buy 500 cotton core at a time from them, or sometimes you can catch the sizes needed in candlewic's ebay store where you can get 100. 

Thanks KK.....I'm headed over there now.  

I did go on Candlewics site and they don't have the sizes I need.  I did find 2 sizes so when I put 200 wicks in the shopping cart, the shipping was 22.00!  I have never ordered from Candlewic as their shipping prices are the most outrageous I have ever seen from any company.    Just ridiculous.  I have been on their site oodles of times but cannot justify the shipping of any product from them and yet I see so many order from them...They just turn me off for this reason alone....

Trappeur

• Like 1

I guess it depends where your at for shipping cost but candlewic hands down has the best most consistent wicks out there imo 

I switched to them After NG cd wicks changing tab height and most of them would pull off the tab when I went to straighten and pull them tight 

flaming has good wicks also but I have only bought eco there - you might have a hard time finding all those sizes and heights needed with one supplier so one way to look at it is if CW does have them all....is it cheaper than 3 places shipping your paying?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Does anyone know a supplier where I can get all these wicks from?  I have been having to buy from 2 to 3 separate suppliers as none offer all the wicks in 1 place.  I have checked every company out there that i can think of and haven't had any luck.  It's horrible to have to buy from different suppliers and pay shipping on each of these companies.

100 cd 4's....I use the 3" short ones.

100 cd 5's.....These need to be the standard like 6 to 7" length.

100 cd 7's.....These need to be the standard like 6 to 7" length.

I can get all of them at BC but the cd 7's you have to buy 1000 at a time....not 100 at a time...I don't understand the reason behind this.

Thank.....Trappeur

Lonestar Candle Supply has all of those and you can buy 100.  I have ordered from them before and their wicks don't show up nearly as pretty as FC's but if you're not fussy they have what you need

Hey Moonshine, Well, good things are looking up.   Bittercreek just called me and I can get all my wicks from them and they will break down the 1000 amount to 200 for me.....so I'm a happy camper.  I'm glad you posted about the wicks at NG as I had wicks in the shopping cart as a backup.  

So I make sure I don' torder from them.

Trappeur

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I did go on Candlewics site and they don't have the sizes I need.  I did find 2 sizes so when I put 200 wicks in the shopping cart, the shipping was 22.00!  I have never ordered from Candlewic as their shipping prices are the most outrageous I have ever seen from any company.    Just ridiculous.  I have been on their site oodles of times but cannot justify the shipping of any product from them and yet I see so many order from them...They just turn me off for this reason alone....

Trappeur

Trapp ,So true CW shipping is outrageously high. Here's a tip for you . This company does give ship breaks during certain times . They will send the code thru email. I received a email today on shipping discount code. I will grab some of my oils I need . It is 30% off ups ground . Opps forgot they do require a min. purchase of $75 or more on this . I use it thou , as I order many of their Ultimate Bold scents ,I just simply cannot go without .

I purchase their 129 wax by the case on occasion as well ,so I do meet the $75 min. requirement. It is ridiculous to have such high ship cost right.

Lol I always wait for Shipping discount codes when ordering from CW. 

Thankyou Kat for that information.  I know I signed up for newsletters way back when, but I don't ever remember getting anything from them.   I will go and sign up again.    Thankyou!:thumbsup:

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 6:51 AM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Wow, crazy for wicks.  I know I don't pay that much.  I get wax from them because they have the shipping included option which is less than I can get 4 hours away and have shipped.  I haven't ordered wicks from them in a while because I've backed way off candles.  For the third size you'd have to do the custom wick builder and get 500 min.  May not be worth it unless someone else here also uses that type/size.  I'd call and see if they do USPS flat rate for less than their system calculates.

Thanks KK for your help.  Actually Bittercreek has all the wicks I need and I ordered them yesterday.  Was great I finally got 1 company to get all my wicks from in these odd sizes but that is what I use....

Trappeur

On 7/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, Trappeur said:

Thankyou Kat for that information.  I know I signed up for newsletters way back when, but I don't ever remember getting anything from them.   I will go and sign up again.    Thankyou!:thumbsup:

Trappeur

Trapp, If you ever need anything from Candlewic, let me know & I can add the items to my cart ,ship to me along with my order . Once I get the item or items you want ,I can then ship to you at a much lower cost .I know a flat rate padded envelope is below $8. First class is even lower.

I do order many oils & sometimes wax from CW. 

Keep in mind I do always wait for the lower cost 30 off UPS ground when ordering. I will be placing a order soon for some of my oils I am running low on . I do highly recommend many of their Ultimate Bold fragrance oils . I just thought of the idea & suggestion to save you on high shipping cost, especially for wicks .

I am more than happy to place your order along with mine . 

Hope I am explaining & making sense Lol....Just let me know .

Another tip I didn't know until I asked is their freight quotes are wonderful.  I don't live anywhere near as close to them as other suppliers, but their freight shipping for bulk orders and prices on products are almost the cheapest for me now because of their rates.  I know this only applies to bulk orders, but wanted to chime in about it.  I also like their random discounts and promotions as Kat notes.

Edit to add: Candlewic is who I'm mentioning here 

Edited by lovelyscents

On 7/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, lightmyfire said:

Lonestar Candle Supply has all of those and you can buy 100.  I have ordered from them before and their wicks don't show up nearly as pretty as FC's but if you're not fussy they have what you need

Now I love Lonestar.  I order jars from them and I have at time ordered wicks too since I'm ordering jars and their wicks are good for me.

Now Candlewick is another story.  A few weeks ago I ordered some wicks off of Ebay and they were by Candlewic so I thought knowing they are a good company, the wicks I can't lose on.....Well, when I got the wicks, it was nasty how they shipped and packaged them!  They were thrown in a bag and so they were all tangled together and the wick priming on the wicks were nasty as the wicks were so bunched up together so now they are all cracked the wicks and don't stand upright.  I have never received any wicks as in bad a shape as these were from Candlewic if ordering from another company.   It left a very bad taste in my mouth so would never order them again.

Now just yesterday I got my weekly order from Flaming and my wicks too.  So professional this company is and beautifully packaged the wicks are, nice and straight, not tangled.  Just very nice......

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Now I love Lonestar.  I order jars from them and I have at time ordered wicks too since I'm ordering jars and their wicks are good for me.

Now Candlewick is another story.  A few weeks ago I ordered some wicks off of Ebay and they were by Candlewic so I thought knowing they are a good company, the wicks I can't lose on.....Well, when I got the wicks, it was nasty how they shipped and packaged them!  They were thrown in a bag and so they were all tangled together and the wick priming on the wicks were nasty as the wicks were so bunched up together so now they are all cracked the wicks and don't stand upright.  I have never received any wicks as in bad a shape as these were from Candlewic if ordering from another company.   It left a very bad taste in my mouth so would never order them again.

Now just yesterday I got my weekly order from Flaming and my wicks too.  So professional this company is and beautifully packaged the wicks are, nice and straight, not tangled.  Just very nice......

Trappeur

You ordered off eBay and they were candlewic wicks?  They never come anywhere close to that description you gave buying direct from them -there is a  reason why they were for sale eBay 😂