TT’s 2018 Faire Days

gls

@TallTayl I hope you’re having an extremely successful opening day!!   Thanks so much for all you do here on the forum...best of luck with this year’s Faire!  I’m sure all of your testing is going to pay off and this will be another fun and profitable season!

I still want to see costume pictures😁

• Like 1

Thanks!

just finished day one of 19.

heres what the shop looks like this year:

Approach from the South

6F0E3A24-A85C-4A33-B748-FA560D4D927D.jpeg

and from the west

292C2203-2E48-4914-ADB5-7AC2704C76C1.jpeg

the money corner 409E29DC-850B-457C-87B1-74746863E68D.jpeg

candle tin displays. Each top holds 72 x 2 = 144 on display.

Added drawers behind the burlap to store each shelf restock sorted into the order on the display shelves. Saved a ton of time! The drawers stack in my car to hold 72 each x 6 for a little over 400 on the main displays. More backstock stays under the soap benches.

will get garb photos as the season progresses. Too much to do opening weekend... had a nice, strong opening day. So happy. 

4AB42687-0C28-44AC-BC35-C7BE53DDEC4D.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

Everything looks fantastic, @TallTayl.  What is in the "Spell Candles, Witches Brew" display?  Tarts?  

GoldieMN

4” mini tapers people use for prayer

wutches Brew is a signature scent blend from the first year at faire. Cauldrons of it are on the display 

Stunning! Love your booth! It must have taken a while to get all of your inventory ready! :bow:  That's a long haul, 19 days! Great to hear you had a strong opening day, that's always a good sign! 

Phew! Opening week is over. I always forget how Mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted we all are are we walk out the gates on Sunday night.

Over all it was our best open yet. The slight changes to displays made to organize better, and price increases on soy candles actually helped. I gave myself a modest 10% raise on soy tins and not one person blinked. I’ve held off price adjustments on soy tins for 7 years, fearful that it would hurt sales. Should have raised years ago. 

Have challenged myself to make 4 new scents every week to coincide with the theme of the week. No rest for the weary.

Out of the 36 scents offered in soy, standout sellers were dragons blood, Egyptian dragon, TARDIS, Sherlock’s study and macabre as usual. Oakmoss and Amber started selling again, after a long lull. Inlet Lake grass made a strong comeback too.  On the fruity side, lemon verbena, rainbow unicorn. Not on display, but available and requested was pois’nd apple, a Mac apple, labdanum resin and golden opium blend. 

In soap, key lime essential oil was a hit. Provence (blended with lavandin abrialis essential oil equally), did well.

overall, though, my fantasy blends outsell everything else every time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Now that is an amazing marketing strategy! I am impressed.

is this about the new scents (and flavors) every week? if so, I've learned that a large portion of my customer base returns to faire daily, if not weekly. having something new, and in limited quantity, gets them to stop at my shop first thing as they walk in the gate. This changes my selling day to a more average sales per hour than mostly end-loaded.

My target market has a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out). When they can't make a day, they send family and friends to claim "their" new stuff on their behalf (which leads to additional purchases as the friend and family sniff the wares. Some pre-purchase a future scent based on the scent idea in my head alone. It's really a fun process.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

is this about the new scents (and flavors) every week? if so, I've learned that a large portion of my customer base returns to faire daily, if not weekly. having something new, and in limited quantity, gets them to stop at my shop first thing as they walk in the gate. This changes my selling day to a more average sales per hour than mostly end-loaded.

My target market has a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out). When they can't make a day, they send family and friends to claim "their" new stuff on their behalf (which leads to additional purchases as the friend and family sniff the wares. Some pre-purchase a future scent based on the scent idea in my head alone. It's really a fun process.

The whole package is amazing; it draws people in and makes it fun to buy a candle; that’s why they have FOMO. Heck, I’d probably buy one if I were there and that’s the last thing I need. You obviously know your customers, and what it takes to keep them coming back.

• Like 1

So FANTABULOUS and so so happy you had a record breaking opening 👏👏👏

Stunning display with so much color 

Now for the spell candles.....got one I could use to whip my butt back into the game and get on with it 😂😂