Peak..Your Feelings?? ... Flat $4.99 special

awnl

I'm just moving beyond Peak scents when mine run out.  All that shady business with Peak, and now Keystone has so many of the Peak scents out of stock, discontinued or reformulated.  I'm just over it.  Fortunately, I'm not dependent on any FO's from anywhere.  You cannot totally rely on any supplier.  Too many closures and discontinued scents taught me that lesson a long time ago.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I'm just moving beyond Peak scents when mine run out.  All that shady business with Peak, and now Keystone has so many of the Peak scents out of stock, discontinued or reformulated.  I'm just over it.  Fortunately, I'm not dependent on any FO's from anywhere.  You cannot totally rely on any supplier.  Too many closures and discontinued scents taught me that lesson a long time ago.  

this is how I am and always have been 

But yes, because of all the shadiness and ugliness from Peak on public media I just won't deal with them again. It's a shame, they had great scents. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belinda said:

I want to order birthday cake from them SO bad but I'm like everyone else, just leery. 

Belinda actually, that is the only thing I have ever ordered from them( Birthday Cake) besides the Cinnamon and Spruce other than that never dealt with them.  Actually I just went to their site to check out how much Birthday cake was and they are out of stock.

Trappeur 

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda actually, that is the only thing I have ever ordered from them( Birthday Cake) besides the Cinnamon and Spruce other than that never dealt with them.  Actually I just went to their site to check out how much Birthday cake was and they are out of stock.

Trappeur 

It smells so good! I still have a little bit left and you can actually smell cake in it or at least to my nose.

8 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I left for a few years due to medical issues, what did peak do that i see everyone speaking about?

THere was a nasty break up between the owners at the time on facebook and then the company just folded. Keystone picked up the fragrances and then Peak came back into existence type of thing. 

As for the reformulations, that's going to happen a few places because of the fires that have destroyed some of the supply components for fragrances. Just keep that in mind. 

I'm not weary to deal with them, but right now I'm not jumping on the boat to buy reformulated fragrances either. 

Ya know, as a consumer I don't give a crap about the personal relationship of the company owners.  As long as I can get the FO that I need (whether from Peaks or some other supplier)  I could care LESS about any personal issues between owners......its all about the supply...rather than the soap opera of the principals..........and I have better things to do than focus on the relationship of any principals of a company that I do business with.

Bottom line:  who really cares about the relationship of the principals??????  (Isn't producing a quality candle our main objective?)...............if not, then go for the gossip if that is what fills your day....just saying

• Like 2

But this IS about the supply.

We were cut off with no notice, then given the runaround and potentially false information. Now, finding things OOS and reformulated without notice. Nobody has to put up with that. Way too many steady and transparent suppliers for that. 

• Like 3

I agree with the above.  It was certainly about supply, causing many distress.  I certainly would think twice about purchasing from them again even though they had quality fragrances.  He could do the same thing in the future causing more upheaval..

14 hours ago, Pam W said:

Ya know, as a consumer I don't give a crap about the personal relationship of the company owners.  As long as I can get the FO that I need (whether from Peaks or some other supplier)  I could care LESS about any personal issues between owners......its all about the supply...rather than the soap opera of the principals..........and I have better things to do than focus on the relationship of any principals of a company that I do business with.

Bottom line:  who really cares about the relationship of the principals??????  (Isn't producing a quality candle our main objective?)...............if not, then go for the gossip if that is what fills your day....just saying

Personally, I DO care, because if they don't care about hurting the person they once supposedly loved, etc., in a very public capacity, how do you think they are going to treat their customers that they could give a crap about except for furthering their pocket books? In my opinion that says more about their integrity as owners than anything else. And, it wasn't gossip when it was coming directly from the owners themselves on a very public forum. 

Yes, producing a quality candle is our main objective, but that is hard to do when a supplier puts their personal difficulties above taking care of their paying customers. 

5 hours ago, Shari said:

He could do the same thing in the future causing more upheaval.

It's happened at least twice in as many years. I don't trust that it won't absolutely happen again. 

Of course this is just my opinion, and although I don't use a lot of fragrance suppliers, and Peak was one of my main ones when they were local to me, I never have, and I never will rely on any 1 supplier or fragrance that I "must have" simply because of unexpected things happening to suppliers for any reason, this just being one of them. 

• Like 3

Totally agree with JC and TT

I personally won’t give them the time of day ever again- they did affect the supply as a direct result of airing out their relationship Skeletons in a very public manner 

I could care less about their marriage also BUT they screwed a lot of people and then miraculously came back screwing keystone who supposedly paid for their codes, whether that’s true or not again I don’t care - but they are bad bad business imo 

• Like 3

Honestly, I'm with Pam W on this because Peak has been so finicky in the past on more than two occasions. You take chances with all suppliers at the moment in hopes they will have fragrances that you need/want because of fragrance components in short supply for however long that takes and then you might be taking more of a chance on reformulations. I think only RE stated they won't reformulate. However, the supply for those Peak fragrances is either available in knockoffs at fragrance buddy or through Keystone ... who has the fragrances for less. 

I'm honestly not investing my heart with a supplier and I'm not going to rely solely on one supplier to fit my needs. My bottom line is my product. 

I don't imagine all suppliers have been forthcoming in saying they will or won't reformulate. Only a handful might even mention they reformulated. Still, it comes down to what happens to my product and the supplies I need/use to make it. 

• Like 1

Haven't bothered with Peak since the re-opening.

Now that I've found out sparkle light palm works better than feather palm in my blends, my stash is running low.

If only they still offered that palm and those smaller, more affordable straight-sided tumblers...

I do miss that chocolate FO they had. Fudge brownie, I think. Strawberry fields was good as well. I've found so many awesome FO's since then that Peak FO's seem ages ago.

Seems to me the only ones gossiping about Peaks are you guys.  Everyone else is over it and has moved on, including the people who were involved. 

If you like their fo's get em if they are having a deal.  The truth is that anyone of the suppliers you buy from could go out of business for any reason at anytime.  This is an ever changing business, from the fo's we buy to the waxes and glass we buy,  when the companies I like have deals , I buy from them, it's simple, no reason to once again bring up a very painful time for the company, the people who owned it and the people who worked there.  JMO .

Edited by cindym

1 hour ago, Kerven said:

Haven't bothered with Peak since the re-opening.

Now that I've found out sparkle light palm works better than feather palm in my blends, my stash is running low.

If only they still offered that palm and those smaller, more affordable straight-sided tumblers...

I do miss that chocolate FO they had. Fudge brownie, I think. Strawberry fields was good as well. I've found so many awesome FO's since then that Peak FO's seem ages ago.

Have you tried candlewics palm1? They call it crystallizing palm which is a little different from candles and supplies glass glow imo - doesn’t crystallize quite the same - maybe it will be similar to your sparkle light 

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, Belinda said:

I want to order birthday cake from them SO bad but I'm like everyone else, just leery. 

Have you tried Lonestar''s b day cake? It's the only one I have tried and really like it, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

20 hours ago, Sebleo said:

Have you tried Lonestar''s b day cake? It's the only one I have tried and really like it, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

I did buy some of theirs actually but to my nose it smells like play dough. Theirs, Aztec's and ICS all smell that way to me. I know a lot of people like them though.

Thank you for your suggestion.