Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hope someone may know the type of soy wax this could possibly be and type of wick? Probably next to impossible to tell the wax type from the picture but hoping the that the way it set (craters) after cooling might give a hint. 

Thank you!

3299DA51-0065-484F-927A-38C8D5195438.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, it's impossible to tell, as a lot of container soy wax will set like that. 

Is it a candle you bought, or were given? Maybe you can ask the maker, however, a lot of makers keep their formulas proprietary, and they may not tell you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jcandleattic said:

You are right, it's impossible to tell, as a lot of container soy wax will set like that. 

Is it a candle you bought, or were given? Maybe you can ask the maker, however, a lot of makers keep their formulas proprietary, and they may not tell you. 

The candle was given to me. The scent throw is absolutely amazing for a soy candle. We work with a parasoy wax and can't even get a throw like this wax/wick combo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually looks like the candle was dropped and broke in areas but you're saying it was already burned?  Looks filled to the rim as well?  Looks like my soy candles that were stashed for 3 years and dried out and then it fell off a table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess it’s a CD, ECO or HTP wick and the soy could be anyone of the soys on the market - i agree with KK that it does look old - many soy will powder and become brittle like that after years of sitting 

it cant hurt to ask the Maker but also keep in mind if this is a old candle you won’t be able to replicate it with all the changes in soy now....they all seem to burn and throw very different now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Actually looks like the candle was dropped and broke in areas but you're saying it was already burned?  Looks filled to the rim as well?  Looks like my soy candles that were stashed for 3 years and dried out and then it fell off a table.

No, this was before it was burned. I have seen these candles by this candle maker before in shops around here and they always have the cracked and cratered  tops. I didn't know if there was a certain soy wax that always behaved like this. We have never worked with anything other than parasoy and a little 4630 starting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moonshine said:

I would guess it’s a CD, ECO or HTP wick and the soy could be anyone of the soys on the market - i agree with KK that it does look old - many soy will powder and become brittle like that after years of sitting 

it cant hurt to ask the Maker but also keep in mind if this is a old candle you won’t be able to replicate it with all the changes in soy now....they all seem to burn and throw very different now 

Thanks Moonshine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×