Vanilla Scent for Candles

I was using CS Very Vanilla, and did not feel as if I was selling enough of them.  I switched to NG Vanilla Bean, which sold much better, but when sun light hits the candles it turns the wax yellow.

Does any one have a suggestion to fix this issue?  Another similar Vanilla Bean scent that doesn't yellow so much?

I ordered a sample in of CW Vanilla, which just smells like Vanilla Extract.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, MilosCandles said:

I was using CS Very Vanilla, and did not feel as if I was selling enough of them.  I switched to NG Vanilla Bean, which sold much better, but when sun light hits the candles it turns the wax yellow.

Does any one have a suggestion to fix this issue?  Another similar Vanilla Bean scent that doesn't yellow so much?

Thanks

Most likely, all vanillas will turn yellow in the sun.  So does Toasted Marshmallow.  I buy UV Light Inhibitor to help with this problem.  I've been using Peak's but it's about gone.  I have some from Nature's Garden that I will be using next.  Here is the link:

https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/uv-light-inhibitor

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MilosCandles said:

Thanks

I just posted a question on this very topic last week!!  Ha!  Great minds think alike!  I had that happen in my customer's store and I also use CS Very Vanilla.  I asked them if the sun shines on the shelf where they display the candles and they said No!!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

2 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

I just posted a question on this very topic last week!!  Ha!  Great minds think alike!  I had that happen in my customer's store and I also use CS Very Vanilla.  I asked them if the sun shines on the shelf where they display the candles and they said No!!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I believe fluorescent lighting can also turn the candles yellow.

Oh yes, flourescent lighting will turn them yellow and pretty fast too.   If the sun doesn't come in on the candles, you can pretty surely bet the lighting in the store is turning them yellow and most stores have the fluorescent lighting.  For that reason alone, I really don't put vanilla candles or the marshmallows in a shop because it always happens.  And I always use uv in all my candles, but even with the uv, the candles have always turned yellow.  Now another scent that turns yellow for me is bluebery.....  I have  tried many vanillas and they all do the same thing.

Trappeur

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hopie said:

I've also added Ivory dye chips to vanilla scents, they look nice, creamy and won't be looked upon as "discolored". I hope this helps?

do the ivory dye chips just help to make the wax even whiter so that the yellow isn't at noticeable?  I use 6006 which is already pretty white; wondering if this trick will help?  I'm so glad to be learning about the fluorescent lighting drama--I'm glad to know it wasn't something I was doing.  Yay!!  One more thing we can't control :laugh2:

You know Lightmyfire the only thing I can suggest is try a frosted container or better yet an amber jar as that might take care of the problem.  I'm in the process of doing that.  Vanilla is one of my most favorite scents but it really bothers me and discourages me when i see them turning "yellow" and I mean yellow in a store I sell to.  Now for me personally I don't care when I make for me and I don't even use the uv for myself.  But it is a problem.....

Trappeur

On 7/7/2018 at 6:01 AM, lightmyfire said:

do the ivory dye chips just help to make the wax even whiter so that the yellow isn't at noticeable?  I use 6006 which is already pretty white; wondering if this trick will help?  I'm so glad to be learning about the fluorescent lighting drama--I'm glad to know it wasn't something I was doing.  Yay!!  One more thing we can't control :laugh2:

No, it colors them ivory, so the yellowing won't show. I've never kept them for an extended period of time, as I either burned them or sold them, so I don't know if the discoloring still happens over time.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hopie said:

No, it colors them ivory, so the yellowing won't show. I've never kept them for an extended period of time, as I either burned them or sold them, so I don't know if the discoloring still happens over time.

thanks!  I'll give it a try

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

You know Lightmyfire the only thing I can suggest is try a frosted container or better yet an amber jar as that might take care of the problem.  I'm in the process of doing that.  Vanilla is one of my most favorite scents but it really bothers me and discourages me when i see them turning "yellow" and I mean yellow in a store I sell to.  Now for me personally I don't care when I make for me and I don't even use the uv for myself.  But it is a problem.....

Trappeur

I am in the process testing the amber mason jars--you were kind enough to let me know you are using those as well.  They are gorgeous!!