Does Vanilla Bean from WSP smell like vanilla to you?

GailC

On 7/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes, that is correct.  

Moonstar, you would be proud of me to know that the oils you sent me and the ones from Kat I'm getting them all into wax right now and yesterday and they are the ones from WSP.  You know I know I've complained about the high prices of wSP but yesterday when I was on their site I noticed they have oils catagorized by prices and the lower range of pricing has some really beautiful prices and great oils different than what I order from other companies.  And with I think when you spend 40.00 you get free shipping so ordering oils that are the normal range from 15.00 to 20.00 which is the normal prices for candles of what I pay, it really is a great company to get oils from.   I have a list in my shopping cart now that I'm going to order next week.  Moonstar that Vanilla Birch sounds just beautiful.  Now granted there are only 5 reviews but my oh my, what fantastic reviews on that oil.  I think they are going to be a nice supplier for me as a new company.   Thankyou and thanks Kat for telling me all suggestions you have made to me and the oils you sent! 

Here is what I have in my shopping cart so far...I'm going to start off with pretty much 8oz just to get a bigger selection.  I did get a couple 4ouncers.

Pineapple Cilantro

Fudge Brownie

Maple Pecan Streusel

Orange Cranberry (I used Just S, but maybe this is a better one?)

Peony (Didn't you say this was a good one, Moonstar)

Pink Berry Mimosa (I have a store who sells wine scents and this might be another good one for her)

Vanilla Birch  (Because of recommendations)

I'm going to do a limit of $100.00 to spend so I think I'm close)

Trappeur

Pineapple Cilantro- awesome!

brownie - I've come to the conclusion that I don't care how chocolate 🍫 FO smells when it's burning . Although I love them OOB 

MAPLE PECAN STRUDEL- is strong I have a 4 oz bottle I think I might sell ??? It's good but I have too FO 's lol 😂 

i don't think you'd like pink berry mimosa ??  It doesn't smell like a drink to me in the least . It's good but not great in my opinion. 

Peony I do like but you might not 

by the way minimum order is now 

$25 not $40

On 7/11/2018 at 6:46 AM, lightmyfire said:

I'm so sorry that you and Kat weren't able to get the Graham Cracker Latte--ugh, I'm feeling guilty.  Please PM me and I'd be more than happy to have WSP send each of you a lb of my order.  Seriously.  :icon_awww:

Awww.... @lightmyfire  You are so darn sweet!  How thoughtful of you to offer that.  I couldn't possibly take your fragrance oil.  I truly feel so blessed to be part of this forum... I have met some of the nicest women I've ever encountered in my life here!  🙏🏼❤. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, katmeltswax said:

I am still waiting for my order ,since the Memorial Day sale .It has been going on near 3 weeks now .Gosh they must have been drowning in orders .I usually never have to wait this darn long .

I definitely do have some favorites .

Jelly Donut 

Maple pecan Strudel

Gingham Apple 

Pink Chiffon

Marishino cherry 

Vanilla bean Noel

Beautiful Day

Along with more I can't remember off the top of my head atm.... I will go see the others I have in stock & certainly let you know.

lol I will also let you know the ones that definitely are not my favorites . I know when I get a WSP oil that blends well with my wax , it has great performance. I also have had some that simply just will not bind to my wax as well . I usually end up making bath bombs with these certain scents . 

I was sure hoping to grab a couple pounds of Graham cracker Latte myself .It is so unbelievably strange to me that the sale just up & disappeared .I have never experienced this issue with WSP in the past .Kinda makes me wander what is the hek is going on ?????

I guess I will try to be faster in the future when placing a order during sales .I learned my lesson lol. I am so slow when making decisions .I will fill up a cart ,take oils out ,put oils back & just constantly going back & fourth until I make my final decision,silly right 😀

Be in touch on more fav from WSP & some that I do not care for oob .

LOL... 😂  Well then I can say with confidence that you and I are a lot alike with orders.  It sometimes takes me 3-4 days to finalize my cart.   I can be slightly wishy washy with what I want to order.  😬 

In any event, I do agree with you on Pink Chiffon, Jelly Donut, Marischino Cherry and Beautiful Day.  You (along with Gail and Sarah) suggested Jelly Donut and holy smokes... I fell in love with it!  Even OOB its nice!  

Maple Pecan Strudel sounds awesome too!  What do mostly get from it on warm? Here are a few from WSP that I really enjoy in my wax:

Pure Seduction

Brown Sugar

Cotton Candy 

Candy Crush- VERY STRONG!

Sugared Shortbread

South Pacific Waters

Sweet on Paris

Orange Sugar & Shea

Pink Berry Mimosa- BEAUTIFUL!

Jack Frost

White Pumpkin Purée 

There are plenty of other ones .... I love WSP!  I am looking for a few new Fall Scents.  So if you or anyone can suggest some nice Fall FO's, please do share.  😇

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, katmeltswax said:

I received a email Monday ,my order has finally been shipped . I have never had a shipment take this long with this Co. I am looking forward to the ones I ordered . The other scent I use & adore is Hydrangea ,spot on to the real flower imo.

Did you see lightmyfires post earlier to the both of us ? She is truly a ANGEL . I really appreciate her generous offer .I sooo wanted the Graham cracker latte What a Blessing! 

Yes I just think shipping should not take that long!  That's insane!  I ordered on the 26th and I think mine arrived roughly 12-14 days later. That's a really long time IMO.  Especially for someone who is 40 minutes from the warehouse!  I mean I didn't need the oils immediately or anything, but I know now that if I'm ever in hurry to get a few oils I better just go pick them up. 😬

Anyways what ones did you order

this go round?  And YES..... ❤❤❤. I seen @lightmyfire post about  being willing to send us each a pound.  That touched my heart!  For someone to offer part of their order... WOW!  And not just to one person but to 2.  She's such a doll!  😇  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, birdcharm said:

I don't think that's silly at all ... I guess that's because I do the same thing, only worse.  I start a little Notepad file and copy/paste the names/prices of the ones in my cart in there along with some of the reviews I've read ... then when I'm ready to order I move the ones I want to order this time to the top of the page and ones for later below.  Since I mostly order in the fall and winter months, it really helps me refresh my memory before the next year's ordering comes along. 

My last order included Ginger Spice which I really liked and it was a great mixer too.  Also, Sandalwood Incense is not a bad one, although it really doesn't smell like the name, but I can't exactly describe the scent ... I'm not really into Sandalwood, but someone I make candles for loves it, so I tried this one and it was acceptable to her alongside a more traditional sandalwood or w/ vanilla-types mix.  I also liked the Spiced Cranberry alone or with stronger berries or spices in a mix.  I just looked at my list from last year and I have Jelly Donut on there as a possible consideration, I've just been on the fence about it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...... 😂😂😂. Yayyyyy!!!! I'm not the only one.  Thank you @birdcharm and @katmeltswax for sharing this with me.  My hubby sometimes will say honey....  Are you still figuring out your order?  And will laugh & tease me about it.  LOL So happy to hear other people do these kinds of things.  I currently have a cart at CS, JS, NG, BC, FC, ICS & started one at Millcreek the other day which I have never placed an order

directly with them yet.  Nor have I ever order directly from BC yet.  

Anyone have any any suggestions for some good throwers for Fall & Winter?  I am also ISO a good Carrot Cake. So anyone know of a good one?

It would be so fun to do fragrance oil swaps.  Ounce for ounce.  I have so many oils.... Yet I keep buying.  Although I don't think I have 1/2 of what @Belinda has.  😂  Her candle room is my DREAM ROOM!  Ugh!  One day.... LOL 😇💕

• Haha 2

On 7/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes, that is correct.  

Moonstar, you would be proud of me to know that the oils you sent me and the ones from Kat I'm getting them all into wax right now and yesterday and they are the ones from WSP.  You know I know I've complained about the high prices of wSP but yesterday when I was on their site I noticed they have oils catagorized by prices and the lower range of pricing has some really beautiful prices and great oils different than what I order from other companies.  And with I think when you spend 40.00 you get free shipping so ordering oils that are the normal range from 15.00 to 20.00 which is the normal prices for candles of what I pay, it really is a great company to get oils from.   I have a list in my shopping cart now that I'm going to order next week.  Moonstar that Vanilla Birch sounds just beautiful.  Now granted there are only 5 reviews but my oh my, what fantastic reviews on that oil.  I think they are going to be a nice supplier for me as a new company.   Thankyou and thanks Kat for telling me all suggestions you have made to me and the oils you sent! 

Here is what I have in my shopping cart so far...I'm going to start off with pretty much 8oz just to get a bigger selection.  I did get a couple 4ouncers.

Pineapple Cilantro

Fudge Brownie

Maple Pecan Streusel

Orange Cranberry (I used Just S, but maybe this is a better one?)

Peony (Didn't you say this was a good one, Moonstar)

Pink Berry Mimosa (I have a store who sells wine scents and this might be another good one for her)

Vanilla Birch  (Because of recommendations)

I'm going to do a limit of $100.00 to spend so I think I'm close)

Trappeur

@Trappeur The Pink Berry Mimosa is such a beautiful scent!  And might I add STRONG!  And I have to agree with @Moonstar their peony is a good performer.  I just don't personally like floral a whole lot but it is a nice performing FO.  Their Sweet on Paris, Pure Seduction, Passionfruit Nectarine & Orange Sugar & Shea is awesome.  I you are looking for specific scents LMK, I'd love to help.  😇

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

And YES..... ❤❤❤. I seen @lightmyfire post about  being willing to send us each a pound.  

Just an update that I haven't yet received my Graham Cracker Latte order--it looks like it'll get here tomorrow!!  I'll give you an update when it arrives.  I also ordered a pound of the Maple Pumpkin  Stout--that sounded wonderful!  And of course, I had to order the Vanilla Bean Noel which is what started this entire message string.  I had to sneak in a tiny bit of the Autumn Lodge to round it all out.  I'm actually set on FO's now for the entire fall and winter season........now I have to test my new containers.  Yay!!!!:soapbabydance:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marleigha said:

LOL... 😂  Well then I can say with confidence that you and I are a lot alike with orders.  It sometimes takes me 3-4 days to finalize my cart.   I can be slightly wishy washy with what I want to order.  😬 

In any event, I do agree with you on Pink Chiffon, Jelly Donut, Marischino Cherry and Beautiful Day.  You (along with Gail and Sarah) suggested Jelly Donut and holy smokes... I fell in love with it!  Even OOB its nice!  

Maple Pecan Strudel sounds awesome too!  What do mostly get from it on warm? Here are a few from WSP that I really enjoy in my wax:

Pure Seduction

Brown Sugar

Cotton Candy 

Candy Crush- VERY STRONG!

Sugared Shortbread

South Pacific Waters

Sweet on Paris

Orange Sugar & Shea

Pink Berry Mimosa- BEAUTIFUL!

Jack Frost

White Pumpkin Purée 

There are plenty of other ones .... I love WSP!  I am looking for a few new Fall Scents.  So if you or anyone can suggest some nice Fall FO's, please do share.  😇

I like MPS hot throw to me smells wonderful . It has a soft Maple bakery type scent to my nose .I also use & love Candlewics Maple butter ,super strong . The wsp MPS is different & more like a pecan pie scent with a huge splash of maple added ,hope this makes sense lol...

I like the price of this one ,much lower than many they carry .I feel like I am getting a great deal with MPS kwim...

I do have & love Sweet on Paris ,I add a tad bit more lemon to mine ,great strong hot throw.

I did recently order Cotton Candy ,I have tried almost every CC available with my regular suppliers & this scent seems so light . I hope to get good results with WSP cotton candy .Do you think wsp CC is strong ? I like the smell oob ,look forward to testing . 

I would love your opinion on Orange Sugar & Shea ? Oh and Candy crush ? The both of these sound so good .

I recently order Apple pie & will let you know results ,sure smells great oob .This will make a great Fall scent imo.

I will see what else I have in fall oils & let you know 😉

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, katmeltswax said:

I like MPS hot throw to me smells wonderful . It has a soft Maple bakery type scent to my nose .I also use & love Candlewics Maple butter ,super strong . The wsp MPS is different & more like a pecan pie scent with a huge splash of maple added ,hope this makes sense lol...

I like the price of this one ,much lower than many they carry .I feel like I am getting a great deal with MPS kwim...

I do have & love Sweet on Paris ,I add a tad bit more lemon to mine ,great strong hot throw.

I did recently order Cotton Candy ,I have tried almost every CC available with my regular suppliers & this scent seems so light . I hope to get good results with WSP cotton candy .Do you think wsp CC is strong ? I like the smell oob ,look forward to testing . 

I would love your opinion on Orange Sugar & Shea ? Oh and Candy crush ? The both of these sound so good .

I recently order Apple pie & will let you know results ,sure smells great oob .This will make a great Fall scent imo.

Yes definitely do lmk what some of your favorites for Fall are.  The Orange Sugar & Shea is very nice.  It's not an in your face orange it's light but has such nice undertones of greens and florals in it.  To my nose it almost smells more tangerine smelling.  But certainly doesn't disappoint. The Candy Crush is nice!  If your looking for an in your face STRONG candy smell this is the one!  It is heavy banana followed by kiwi and other fruity notes.  It does well for sure.  

Do do you have any suggestions for Fall scents from WSP, Bittercreek or JS?  Please do share if so.  I need a handful of new Fall scents.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Yes definitely do lmk what some of your favorites for Fall are.  The Orange Sugar & Shea is very nice.  It's not an in your face orange it's light but has such nice undertones of greens and florals in it.  To my nose it almost smells more tangerine smelling.  But certainly doesn't disappoint. The Candy Crush is nice!  If your looking for an in your face STRONG candy smell this is the one!  It is heavy banana followed by kiwi and other fruity notes.  It does well for sure.  

Do do you have any suggestions for Fall scents from WSP, Bittercreek or JS?  Please do share if so.  I need a handful of new Fall scents.  

I will pour test the WSP Apple Pie & let you know how this one turns out ,smells great oob.

This one I plan to use year round ,however would make a great Fall scent . I was looking thru some of my oils & found a bottle of WSP Crazy caramel Corn ,need to put this one in the wax as well.

I think WSP Hot Buttered Rum is great for fall. I had great results with this one .I will keep sorting thru the ones I have & get back with you. 

Sorry I do not have any from Bittercreek , would like to try some of their oils thou.

I do not have much luck with Just scent ,so hope someone here can help you out on hers . I think I recall Trapp loving JS Farmhouse cider ,think that's the correct name . I just cannot get JS oils to work in my wax ,only a few had good results .

I really like many from Flaming in the Fall selection .I get more hits with Flaming than misses kwim. Love most all of F scents 😀 Thier Apple Cinnamon is wonderful .

I also love many from Frangrance Buddy .

I will be in touch ,thank you 

Kat

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, katmeltswax said:

Trappeur uses Warm Apple Pie from Fillmore and says it's the best one she's used.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Gail, your daughter thinks WSP VBN smells like cough syrup??

it smells nothing remotely like 

cough syrup 🤣😂 it really is beautiful, there's a bit of caramel in the background. I just love it 😍 

Gosh no, that doesn't smell like cough syrup at all.   I love love it!

Trappeur

9 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Gail, your daughter thinks WSP VBN smells like cough syrup??

it smells nothing remotely like 

cough syrup 🤣😂 it really is beautiful, there's a bit of caramel in the background. I just love it 😍 

No, no, no!  My original topic and post was asking about WSP's Vanilla Bean!    Not Vanilla Bean Noel.  I have never smelled WSP's VBN.  I have tried to clear up the confusion throughout this thread between the 2 scents, but can't.   :) 

This is the one I have and the one I think smells nothing like vanilla.  It does have a lot of good reviews, but a few reviewers said it smelled like root beer or licorice.  I haven't decided what it smells like.  I also haven't put it into wax, so it may smell like vanilla if I ever take a chance and try it.

1920672763_vanillabean.JPG.88d2010c1c3b1a78eee1295586e40363.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Gosh no, that doesn't smell like cough syrup at all.   I love love it!

Trappeur

Once again, I was asking about WSP's Vanilla Bean not Vanilla Bean Noel.  Vanilla Bean is the one my daughter thought smelled like cough syrup.  :)

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

lol, ....I must be sniffing too many candles Gail.....

I was going off of Moonstars post....lol..She's been sniffing too many also I guess.

Trappeur

I kinda feel like Abbott in the Who's on First skit.  :)  

image.jpeg.ba24e86a12df5e95b846304f8dc39326.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 7/21/2018 at 7:07 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes, I love it but I ordered a pound of CS new Apple pie as you told me Moonstar they now had it.  So I'll be testing it when it gets here on Monday.

Trappeur

More  Apple pie lol..

Hey Trapp ,I just test poured WSP Apple Pie & I love this one , performance is wonderful in my paraffin blend melts.

Now you all have me curious on CS Apple pie . I am super pleased with the WSP  😉

Not trying to enable , just wanted to let y'all know how great this one turned out . 

Yep, can never have too many of the same scent right Kat?  Geesh, you should see all the vanillas and pumpkins and orange creamsickels I have...omg!   So you love WSP Apple pie huh?  Dang!  Now look what you did!...I gotta add that to the list I have...Your a great enabler Kat, that is for sure!  

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Yep, can never have too many of the same scent right Kat?  Geesh, you should see all the vanillas and pumpkins and orange creamsickels I have...omg!   So you love WSP Apple pie huh?  Dang!  Now look what you did!...I gotta add that to the list I have...Your a great enabler Kat, that is for sure!  

Trappeur

Lol Trapp ,Just letting you know WSP is have a 20% off all oils on the 24th & 25th .I just received the email.

This will be a great time to grab the Apple Pie . I am making a list already ,sales are are happening way to often lately . 

Wanted to let you know to wait a few more days so you can get the discount kwim.

Always a sale to temp us lately. I am definitely getting a pound of Apple Pie & Strawberry Jam .