Does Vanilla Bean from WSP smell like vanilla to you?

GailC

Here is WSP descriptions for the 2 different oils.

Trappeur

4860-Vanilla-Bean-Noel-Fragrance-Oil_t.jpg
MiniStars_50.gif
Images (1)
Videos (5)
Recipes (4)

Crafters Choice™ Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil 240
The rich and smooth aroma of fresh vanilla beans. Flashpoint

Crafters Choice™ Vanilla Bean Noel* Fragrance Oil 113
A warm blend of fresh vanilla bean, rich caramel and soothing cream. Flashpoint: 200°, Vanilla Content: 11.00%, Phthalate Free

16 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Geesh, now I'm getting confused.  I thought we were talking about Vanilla Bean Noel?

Trappeur

No, the vanilla I have from WSP is Vanilla Bean....no Noel.  :)

Maybe that's why you think it smells wonderful, and I think it doesn't even smell like vanilla.  Two different vanillas.  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GailC said:

No, the vanilla I have from WSP is Vanilla Bean....no Noel.  :)

Maybe that's why you think it smells wonderful, and I think it doesn't even smell like vanilla.  Two different vanillas.  :)

lol, lol

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

On 7/4/2018 at 11:25 AM, Trappeur said:

Sorry late to this thread....left for the emergency animal clinic last night at 5:00 and didn't get home till 1:30 this morning....Horrible horrible night and then this morning, just devestation.....Well I need to get somewhat focused and get my mind elsewhere.....  Gail, you use 464 as me...Let me tell you this about WSP VBN....This fragrance is simply out of this world.   I was at a friends house this past week and actually 2 weeks before and when I walked into her house all you could smell was this scent and you talk about strong?  Omg.....It's beautiful...It's not cheap, but take my word just beautiful and if I can't smell (which I can't) and I can smell something like this just opening the door to her house, rest assure it's a winner.  Get a pound of it....If you don't like it, I will buy it from you.....  I never had good luck with very vanilla...guess maybe I should try again.  As you know I use Vanilla Voodoo from CC.

Trappeur

so looking back at the original discussion on this, Trappeur did mention WSP VBN which would be the Vanilla Bean Noel!!!!!:faint:

5 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes definitely 2 different oils for sure .VB Noel is great .The VB no go for me ,stinks lol imo.

Ah!  Thank you!  So it's not just my nose.  :)   Vanilla Bean smells weird to me. It sure doesn't smell like any other vanilla I've ever used.

I do like Vanilla Bean Noel from Flaming Candle.  I also bought VBN from Indiana Candle Supply years ago and it was good too.

3 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

so looking back at the original discussion on this, Trappeur did mention WSP VBN which would be the Vanilla Bean Noel!!!!!:faint:

So she did.  I didn't notice that at the time.  Couldn't figure out why she thought it was so wonderful.  :)   

5 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Awesome! Thank you girls so much! I’ve never ordered from there and the last thing I need is another supplier but now I just gotta try that VBN.. and I might as well try a whole pound. ;) 

Well you better dig deep in your pockets Daisy cause that oil ain't cheap....38.00 a pound, ha ha.......but free shipping when you spend I think it's 40.00. so might as well get a one ounce sample of something.   I'm sure you could find something there.....lol   I can be a tight wad and I have never ever spent that on any oil....so for me to spend that $$$$ on a pound it's got to be a pretty darn good oil and it sure is....

Trappeur

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GailC said:

Ah!  Thank you!  So it's not just my nose.  :)   Vanilla Bean smells weird to me. It sure doesn't smell like any other vanilla I've ever used.

I do like Vanilla Bean Noel from Flaming Candle.  I also bought VBN from Indiana Candle Supply years ago and it was good too.

You know I have bought so many different VBNoels from different places and they really all do smell the exact same by my nose....but once put in wax none ever threw like WSP VBN.....I believe it was Moonstar who recommended this scent to me and she is always spot on when she recommends something.   I HATE to recommend something because we all smell things differently and when I do recommend something to someone and it doesn't pan out to them like the way it does to me, I just feel like such an idiot...but I guess that's what makes us all different.:biggrin:

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

5 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Do you all sell the VBN all year long or just of a Christmas scent?

I know I could sell it all year long if it just wouldn't turn yellow once it gets in the stores.  That is what disturbs me on vanillas so I don't push it.  Now at Christmas....wham!  instant sellers and I'm sure of because of the name.   Maybe I should color just only this one fragrance to a cream or white....maybe it would work for me and not fade to yellow.   Yea, I think I will try just that, and if it works and doesn't discolor I am going to change the Noel part of the name....  But for me, I just gotta have this fragrance as I burn all year at my house.   I was never one for making candles for myself by just the season.  If I like a fragrance, I don't care what time of year it is, cause I burn it as it makes me happy....Geesh need to have some happines once in a while even if it comes by only a fragrance....

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

Ok Ok!!  I just order some VBN!! :yay:

Good for you Lightmyfire!  So did you get some others as well?  So what wax and jar are you going to be pouring in?

I hope you love as much as I do!

Trappeur

I love vanilla and for me I wasn’t able to find one that didn’t have plastic notes to it or overly sickly sweet 

vbn has been perfect for what I think a vanilla should smell like....it works fantastic in soy, parasoy, palm and coconut 

for me it’s worth every penny - I have tried CC vanilla voodoo and I would say that’s about second best for me but it’s a little too sweet in my opinion 

oob I never noticed an odd or off smell either, wondering if maybe yours got old or mixed up with something else 🤷‍♀️

Well in order to avoid shipping charges (I only needed to spend an additional $1.70 :tongue2:) I also ordered up some Autumn Lodge.  Have you tried that one?

I'll be pouring into the new lovely amber mason jars with 6006.  I'm testing my wick in that container this evening.  :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

No never did try Autumn Lodge...but it sounds great.  Please let us know what you think of these once you get poured.  Oh yes, I'll be putting up the amber jar pictures I promised I said I would in a little bit.

Trappeur

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

I love vanilla and for me I wasn’t able to find one that didn’t have plastic notes to it or overly sickly sweet 

vbn has been perfect for what I think a vanilla should smell like....it works fantastic in soy, parasoy, palm and coconut 

for me it’s worth every penny - I have tried CC vanilla voodoo and I would say that’s about second best for me but it’s a little too sweet in my opinion 

oob I never noticed an odd or off smell either, wondering if maybe yours got old or mixed up with something else 🤷‍♀️

But I was asking about Vanilla Bean from WSP,  not Vanilla Bean Noel.  Everyone is confused.  :) 2 different FO's from the same company.

9 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

Well in order to avoid shipping charges (I only needed to spend an additional $1.70 :tongue2:) I also ordered up some Autumn Lodge.  Have you tried that one?

I'll be pouring into the new lovely amber mason jars with 6006.  I'm testing my wick in that container this evening.  :thumbsup2:

Wanted to let you know WSP has 25% off their Discontinued Fragrance oils .Also many soap molds .I thought I would let you know ,so you can meet your $1.70 for free shipping .

I am going to grab a few of the Discontinued scents myself. I did post the sale here on CS earlier for everyone, looks like a few good deals with the discount 😀

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Kat I went to look for the discounted oils but can't find them??

Trappeur

Hi Trappeur!  Just wanted to let you know that on the WSP if you are in their homepage you can click on "Today's Sales Deals" it will take you to all of the items that are on sale.   HTH!  

On 7/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, GailC said:

@Trappeur, sorry you had a horrible night.  What's going on? Or would you rather not talk about it?

The only reason I have Vanilla Bean from WSP is because I bought 2 four ounce bottles from a local lady who was destashing.  I just couldn't ever pay $30 for a pound of FO of any kind.  I'm too much of a cheapskate.  :)   If it is as wonderful as you say, it must smell much better once in wax.  Strange how we have different perceptions of FO's.  I do love Very Vanilla from CS.  

Yes I remember you love Vanilla Voodoo, but I have never ordered from Candle Cocoon and don't intend to start!!!  I just got 5 pounds of FO from RE, and I AM DONE ordering FO's for awhile...(I hope!)

The VBN that @Trappeur is totally different than Vanilla Bean. I think that's which Vanilla your talking about?