Egyptian Dragon, Dragons Blood and ? for a mix

Jcandleattic

I will be using these scents of TT's for a soap I am making, and sense my DB is so much different than hers I was thinking of using the 3rd scent as my DB, but if not, what should I use? 

I need 1 more ounce of ... something ... to mix with those 2...

You can go so many directions with those two. 

Egyptian dragon is similar to dragons blood with a good whiff of jasmine. You could go more floral with orange blossom, neroli, carnation, geranium, rose, ylang ylang, etc.

you could go citrus with orange, bergamot, tangerine, mandarine

or more earthy with patchouli, sandalwood, oud Wood, oak, vetyver.

spicy... cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg

believe it or not I’ve blended dB with spearmint and it smelled pretty amazing. I do weird blends with my dragon eggs and discovered petty. Inch everything goes with dragons blood. Blackberry was surprisingly excellent.

49 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

discovered petty. Inch everything goes with dragons blood.

YES! I've blended so many things with DB that you wouldn't think would go. I've also done a DB with Peppermint (not spearmint like you, but still, close) and call it Dragons Breath. 

I went with Golden Embargo which has this scent description - " light amber fragrance with undertones of musk and sandalwood" I love it. 

And this blend of the 3 is amazing. I had to do a lot of prep work for this soap, so I'm taking a breather before I actually make it, but if it turns out like I envision, I am going LOVE IT. We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. LOL 

10 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

dragons breath - lol - i named the spearmint one the same. Great minds!

Though dragons breath would probably smell more like carrion ew.

LOL Right? 

I posted my dragon's breath that I made in the soap gallery on this forum. I like it a lot. 

I've been mixing dragon's blood with patchouli honey from Elements. The blend is awesome and sells like crazy. But in CP soap it takes a couple weeks for the scent to cure. But once it starts curing it gets stronger and stronger and really sticks.

Now how did my post end up in a quote? LOL

Edited by Candybee

22 hours ago, Candybee said:

I've been mixing dragon's blood with patchouli honey from Elements. The blend is awesome and sells like crazy. But in CP soap it takes a couple weeks for the scent to cure. But once it starts curing it gets stronger and stronger and really sticks.

Now how did my post end up in a quote? LOL

I have found that most of my incense type scents take a bit longer to come through in the soap. The scent kind of disappears until it's fully cured but then bam! there it is. 

• Like 1