Hello all

MrDan

Hello everyone.

The name is Dan, but I go by Mr.Dan. I’m 37, with a wife and child, and living in Central Washington.

I’m fairly new to candlemaking. I started with one of those make your own soy container candle kits; I wanted to do something crafty for the family Christmas gifts along with the scarves I made. I enjoyed it so much that I was given my mother’s husbands old candle molds from the 70s and 80s. 

I’ve played around with different waxes, but I’m prefering paraffin for the molded candles and pillars that I work on.

I very much intend to turn what has become something of a serious hobby into a small home business, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Well, now I've "finally met you", Mr. Dan! BEWARE: This candle "thing" is highly addictive! :laugh2:So, welcome to the "madness!" You've come to the right place, so you can now stand up and state: "Hi, I'm Mr. Dan and I'm a candle addict"! Thanks for joining our "club", there are so many MASTER candle makers on here, you will be happy you joined! I know I am! 

By the way, there's a supplier near you and you can save a lot on shipping by ordering some of your supplies from them (in case you haven't been there yet). I've been getting my mottling pillar wax from them, good service every time. Here is the link: https://letitshineusa.com/candlewax.asp 

Good luck in your business, this is WAY too fun and relaxing...and....FRUSTRATING (at times) and a great endeavor indeed. 

Thank you Hopie!

I’ve already learned that I love and hate this thing we call candle making, lol. But I am addicted! I’m currently taking a break from measuring my garage for a work bench and shelves! Hopefully my wife will actually let me build them! lol

I’ll have to check out that supplier; thank you for that! I’m always looking for less expsenive ways to spend all my money on a hobby! 😆

• Like 1

@Scented I recieved almost a couple dozen of the old Pourette molds, as well as a few of the old metal ones.

Unfortunately, the tin had come off in so many place on the metal molds that they were rusty, pitted, and leaking. 

With the plastic molds only 9 have survived, and some barely because I need to preform some surgery on them before I even attempt a pour! It’s a shame because there were some really cool ones in the bunch, like this big 5 lb sun with a face. Beautiful candle, but when my step father was making candles he didn’t really take care of his stuff. Not too mention the 30+ years all this stuff was just shoved in a couple paper bags in the rafters in the garage. 

Im actually surprised that any of them lasted!

7 hours ago, MrDan said:

@Scented I recieved almost a couple dozen of the old Pourette molds, as well as a few of the old metal ones.

Unfortunately, the tin had come off in so many place on the metal molds that they were rusty, pitted, and leaking. 

With the plastic molds only 9 have survived, and some barely because I need to preform some surgery on them before I even attempt a pour! It’s a shame because there were some really cool ones in the bunch, like this big 5 lb sun with a face. Beautiful candle, but when my step father was making candles he didn’t really take care of his stuff. Not too mention the 30+ years all this stuff was just shoved in a couple paper bags in the rafters in the garage. 

Im actually surprised that any of them lasted!

I just sent you a message.