Has anyone here tried using Rub On Templates to decorate the outside of a paraffin candle? Will they stick and stay? If not, is there an alternative? I asked two of the sellers on eBay. One responded that they WOULD NOT stick to wax. I haven't gotten an answer from the 2nd seller. Over on Amazon, I started a little discussion. Some said no, others answered maybe. I'm starting to think it won't work because paraffin is an oil/petroleum based product.

I'm  not sure if what I have are the same thing that you have, however, I got some rub on embellisments from Yaley so so many years ago that are made out of strip wax, and unless I use a tacky wax or something similar to put them on the outside of my pillars they will not stick/stay. 

IF I can remember (which is a trick these days) when I get home I will take a pic of the ones I have to see if they are similar to yours. 

I think the alternative is to use a small drop of the paraffin wax your candle is made out of and use it as a type of "glue" if that makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, Quentin said:

Has anyone here tried using Rub On Templates to decorate the outside of a paraffin candle? Will they stick and stay? If not, is there an alternative? I asked two of the sellers on eBay. One responded that they WOULD NOT stick to wax. I haven't gotten an answer from the 2nd seller. Over on Amazon, I started a little discussion. Some said no, others answered maybe. I'm starting to think it won't work because paraffin is an oil/petroleum based product.

Sorry folks, I meant to say Rub On TRANFERS, not templates

1 minute ago, Quentin said:

Sorry folks, I meant to say Rub On TRANFERS, not templates

Now I know what you mean, and no, mine are not similar, however, I have tried to use them before and without additional work, they did not stay on the candle.

They may not stick unless you can some how rub a gloss over them? or a very very thin layer of wax so it stays clear. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I get home I will take a pic of the ones I have to see if they are similar to yours. 

Thanks, I'd really like to see those pictures if you get a chance.

Quentin, 

These are what I originally thought you were talking about - 

DSC00430.thumb.JPG.7d35fb1f5935f3beace1219d9b1b3f9c.JPG

DSC00433.thumb.JPG.9d823a963b6e9ff322f76a219b4b6852.JPG

But I have decals too - It's been a long time since I used the decals however if I remember right, they didn't stay on the candle. 

DSC00431.thumb.JPG.6e983a588a477bfc378407763a5096eb.JPG

DSC00434.thumb.JPG.711e6767ddd2408c9b0af6bbb04e9469.JPG

Sorry about the huge pics!! 

Maybe I'll make a white pillar this weekend and see if these decals will stick. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2018 at 1:44 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I'm  not sure if what I have are the same thing that you have, however, I got some rub on embellisments from Yaley so so many years ago that are made out of strip wax, and unless I use a tacky wax or something similar to put them on the outside of my pillars they will not stick/stay. 

IF I can remember (which is a trick these days) when I get home I will take a pic of the ones I have to see if they are similar to yours. 

I think the alternative is to use a small drop of the paraffin wax your candle is made out of and use it as a type of "glue" if that makes sense. 

The pictures of the butterflies, etc. are very close to what I'm looking for and these seem to be formulated to stick to candles.