Testing out my new tart mold.

I just received a mold i bought to make tarts for my mom today.  I absolutely love them,  I think she will love it when she see them after she gets off work.  My camera skills do not do them justice.

Well worth the 33$ I spent on the mold.  This was the first batch i made for my mom scented in cinnamon stick.

100_0493.jpg

100_0493.jpg

Edited by ncraiders
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Nice

26 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Gosh, those are so very pretty......she will love them!    GReat job!

Trappeur

Thanks i appreciate it.  I just showed them to her and she absolutely loved them even my dad thought they were really pretty.  This mold helped to show off the color variation of the glass glow wax i am using to make these.  sadly i can only make them 6 at a time atm. I didn't want to buy more than one mold without testing to see how well they worked..  Each tart weights between 6-7 ounces.  I was wrong on the cost of this mold it was only 27$  tho even 33$ would of been worth it for me.

There are a few more molds i am trying to get the maker of to increase the cavity amounts of since they only make the mold in one cavity molds atm.  trying to have them make a 6-9 cavitiy one will post pics of those tats if they can make the molds for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new molds yesterday and had a bit of issue with wax sticking to the mold.  I got 3 molds 2 of which i was able to get a few tarts out of it unbroken the other one they all broke.  I cleaned the molds yesterday and will remelt and pour the wax again to see if it works better.  Here is an image of the 2 that came out of the molds without breaking.  one is a hummingbird with a flower underneath the other is a butterfly.  My color choice for dye did not work like i wanted it to.  tried for an orange with a hint of brown color since i use carrot cake scent that i got to test, but I used to much brown sadly.

20180628_203811.jpg

You could try a spritz of candle release spray. 

Not sure what wax you use, but sometimes pouring too hot makes my waxes sticky. Or perhaps a little stearic. Hard of say without knowing what you’re working with.

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

You could try a spritz of candle release spray. 

Not sure what wax you use, but sometimes pouring too hot makes my waxes sticky. Or perhaps a little stearic. Hard of say without knowing what you’re working with.

I am using palm wax.  gotta pout hot.  Part of the problem might of been i forgot to wash the molds before use.  Will be remelting and pour sometime today to see.  I have another mold from the same place that worked perfectly with my was.  Tho i think i washed that one before i poured wax into it.  hopefully after having washed the molds the wax releases better this time.

Edited by ncraiders

Yes for sure wash them good, there is usually either an oily substance or a powdery one on most molds I've bought and it could be causing your problem.  The palm wax should pop right out once it's fully cooled.  Sometimes with soy I have to pop in freezer for a minute or two to get them out clean.