New label for Woolrich type shop.

Trappeur

Which color label would you choose?  I chose red as my number 1 choice.  

This is for a store that is like a LL Bean/Woolrich type store that carries Woolrich merchandise/clothing, shoes, t shirts, baseball caps, accessories....is a very high end store.   So think red/black buffalo check clothing, hiking clothing ,hiking shoes,  Life is Good shirts, and things like that.   Is very much into hiking the Appalachian Trail as that trail starts here in my town...so you get my jest of what theme I'm going for.

I did something different for labels this time as I tried to come up with a nature type main name of the scent and listed underneath exactly what that scent is as you can see.   Geesh I really wanted to start off with 6 scents but as usual, I got carried away and just done know when to stop!    The scents I have chosen are very proven good strong selling scents that do well for me in 464.  I actually even found a new jar for myself with a black lid so it will work for any of these color labels.  But I wanted to get opinions/suggestions.

No, I didn't lose my mind with the banjo label, ha ha....I just ordered a baseball cap for myself in it with that saying.  Let's see if you know where that saying came from???ha ha ha...My girlfriend didn't know what it meant or where it came from, but my sister right off the bat from Maine figured it out....

870897782_view(21).thumb.jpg.5aab9cb6fed774b2a4056a32da51dcc6.jpg

918012900_view(25).thumb.jpg.30a71f4921664625a162fea055e88031.jpg

1700050006_view(19).thumb.jpg.ee422ab85002159172d99d0ededc58fc.jpg

1637444603_view(22).thumb.jpg.4c4953468efd8bf58120eab831d0f74d.jpg

445636157_view(24).thumb.jpg.d6bafd73abdb8f40999e5cf05ff72ade.jpg

These are the scents I'm going with....I want just scents that relate to the mountains or nature type along that line.  But I did need to put in a few that weren't quite lodgy as not everyone is into all what I wanted so I had to bring in a couple other good sellers and a few spa-ish just because you need to cater to all walks of people.  Could appreciate any ideas for names other than what I have.   So what I have come up with is:

1. Fraser Fir (CS) -  I put this on the banjo label but not sure if I like it there or not and change the banjo to something else.....????And then I would put Fraser Fir all by itself on a label????

2. Chasing Fireflies :  Is really Jasmine from Flaming.

3. Scented Nest:         is Cinnamon and Balsam from I believe from RE (can't remember, but I love)

4. Romance by the Fire:  Is really Christmas Hearth from CS and I sell all year long under a different name.  I can't go with Crackling Firewood as another account has it, so I was trying to think of something that was cabiney....not sure if I like Romance by the Fire>>>>any suggestions?  Didn't want just plain ole firewood.

5.  Flannel Sheets:   Is really Luxe Linen by Community

6.  Vanilla Bean:       Is really Vanilly Bean Noel from WSP....I thought leaving off the "Noel" would be betterwith and not sound Christmassy and I just couldn't figure out another name with leaving in the vanilla in it....any suggestions?

7.  Apple Cider Mill:  Is really Apple Cider from JS

8.  Sugar Shack:        Is Candle Cocoon.  They named theirs Sugar Shanty and I changed to Sugar Shack....

9.  Gentleman's Pipe Tobacco:    Is really Santa's Pipe from WSP.....love this!

10.  Old Logging Camp:     Is really Balsam and Cedar (I think it's RE)

11.  Salted Caramel:     Is from Flaming and just leaving like that.

12.  Cabin Fever:           I need a scent for this one......can't figure out what though.....

13.   I want to do Honey Dew Melon from CS and I know it's not a cabin scent but it's a great scent and sells.  I guess just leave like it is....Then I thought how bout for the main name do it "Tropics in the Mountains", but how corny is that?  I brought that name up to a friend of mine and she just laughed at me.....guess she was right....

14.  I would also like to do a pineapple/coconut blend I do and can't think of a name for that so I guess leave it just as it is too....I guess...

15.  Last one I would like to do since I can't do a lemon verbena which is a huge huge seller for me, but maybe lemongrass....?

16.  Oh yeah....I just thought of 1 more scent that I want to get from TT.  It's that beautiful amber she sent me a sample of......omg....another one.....but I love it!

I thought I could pickout 6 scents to offer but this is just as bad as ordering oils.....I swear....I just can't stop at one but have to have em all!  Just disgusting....

Help me!!!!

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

The one from the movie Deliverence?

Trappeur

That label doesn't have anything to do with a candle scent name but I just think it would be so fitting....kinda weird I know....I get like that at times...sometimes I don't even know why?  hahaha

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

The one from the movie Deliverence?

Trappeur

That label doesn't have anything to do with a candle scent name but I just think it would be so fitting....kinda weird I know....I get like that at times...sometimes I don't even know why?  hahaha

Yes, ♫♫ dum dum dum, dum dum♪♫  :) And they were out in the wilderness where there are lots of trees, so it kind of does.  

Red is my very favorite color, but I do think I prefer the green label.  I think it compliments the pine trees.

12 minutes ago, GailC said:

Yes, ♫♫ dum dum dum, dum dum♪♫  :) And they were out in the wilderness where there are lots of trees, so it kind of does.  

Red is my very favorite color, but I do think I prefer the green label.  I think it compliments the pine trees.

Green is my favorite color but the issue i had with it is that on the left tree the right side almost completely blends into the green label for me that wass why i said red was my pic.  lol contrast in colors helped me see the complete tree on the left side.  I am partly colorblind so that is why it blends in for me.

Edited by ncraiders

I love the green! Maybe save the red for a holiday line with them? That's my thought anyway. I always love your labels, Trapp!

My thoughts on the names:

ok, I love the Deliverance reference! People will get it and love it for sure! Paddle Faster, hahaha!

IMO, I would name the cinnamon and balsam Cabin Fever instead of Scented Nest. It just makes more sense to me that way.

I love Romance By the Fire. Keep it!

For your Honeydew, maybe a play on the "Honey Do" list? I bet the outdoorsy types would totally get that!

Maybe go with Scented Nest for your lemongrass?

I'm totally jealous you got to smell TT's Amber! I hear it's divine! I would name that one "Heart of the Appalachians" or something similar.

You have some great names!! Sugar Shack is awesome, lol, it reminds me of the B-52s! 😆 Loooooove Shack!!

I love the Deliverance reference...because Im of that generation!! lol.  The newer generation will not get it, but do they buy many candles/?  I like it, and I think the red label would stand out.  On a side note...not too long ago I tried to find Deliverance to stream and watch it after many years...one thing led to another, and I found out about that kid that played the banjo...Billy Redden.  Well...in the movie he didn't actually play...they chose him because of his "appearance".  Even now..he's about 60ish..he still looks the same.

Sorry...I love your scent names...and do you even need the real scent listed under?

8 hours ago, franu61 said:

Beautiful labels as usual!  I think the " paddle faster.." should go with the romance by the fire scent  :)  

I tried to do that Fran but there just wasn't enough room to type in "Romance by the Fire" as I thought that was a great idea.....thanks so much for the great idea.:)

Trappeur

2 hours ago, Sebleo said:

Great job on the labels. I love the golden yellow! Real camping, outdoorsman, nature colors there. 

Thankyou Sebleo.....this was a hard decision for me too...I love this color too.  It pops like the red....Decisions, decisions..

Trappeur

11 hours ago, Gary in Canada said:

I love the Deliverance reference...because Im of that generation!! lol.  The newer generation will not get it, but do they buy many candles/?  I like it, and I think the red label would stand out.  On a side note...not too long ago I tried to find Deliverance to stream and watch it after many years...one thing led to another, and I found out about that kid that played the banjo...Billy Redden.  Well...in the movie he didn't actually play...they chose him because of his "appearance".  Even now..he's about 60ish..he still looks the same.

Sorry...I love your scent names...and do you even need the real scent listed under?

Gary, I saw a you tube video on that kid and your right about him not really playing the banjo.  Actually there was another person behind the kid playing the banjo as those arms weren't the kids.  Also I believe the kid works at Walmart I was reading....so interesting...I believe the film was made on the Chattooga River here in Georgia in Rabun County about 2 hours from me.  I have often wondered if there are real hill people like the ones in the movie here and I believe it is true.  I would love to find the remote areas here in Georgia which isn't far from me and take a drive there to visit the town where the movie was made.  Where the movie is made outside of the town of Clayton is absolutely beautiful.  I've been there many many times.  Lake Rabun in Clayton is gorgeous.  It's a money area.....You should see the Rustic Adirondack homes there and the gorgeous boat garages they have on this lake made of birch bark and gorgeous mosaic twig detailing on these things.....Just like up in the Adirondacks of New York...just breath taking.  Remember the part where the kid and his family live and they stop there for gas?  I wonder if that is a real town?  But then I wouldn't go by myself...cluck, cluck, cluck.....

Trappeur

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I love the green! Maybe save the red for a holiday line with them? That's my thought anyway. I always love your labels, Trapp!

My thoughts on the names:

ok, I love the Deliverance reference! People will get it and love it for sure! Paddle Faster, hahaha!

IMO, I would name the cinnamon and balsam Cabin Fever instead of Scented Nest. It just makes more sense to me that way.

I love Romance By the Fire. Keep it!

For your Honeydew, maybe a play on the "Honey Do" list? I bet the outdoorsy types would totally get that!

Maybe go with Scented Nest for your lemongrass?

I'm totally jealous you got to smell TT's Amber! I hear it's divine! I would name that one "Heart of the Appalachians" or something similar.

You have some great names!! Sugar Shack is awesome, lol, it reminds me of the B-52s! 😆 Loooooove Shack!!

Great idea of changing Scented Nest to "Lemongrass"!   I just changed it....So fitting as nests are made of grass!  Your great!

And I also changed Cabin Fever to Cinnamon and Balsam!

I can't figure out how to do a play on the Honey Dew list......?

Love the name of the "Heart of the Appalachians"....Think I'll do that too!

Thanks so much Sarah!

Thankyou Jerry and everyone else for all your input and suggestions!  I really appreciate it!

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

I like the red best, late to the party again, dang!

I've always found that no matter what the name, they sniff, so probably doesn't warrant both names unless you need to keep it straight for yourself.

Edited by kandlekrazy

Hey Trap! Labels look great! I did see where you mentioned a scent for cabin fever? I carry a candle "Cabin In The Woods" sells like crazy and it's actually Holly Berry. I just sold out of that one Friday at one of our shops. You can smell that one before you even go inside where it's burning.

If you try that let me know how it goes for ya.

KK, that is me.....I'm always late to the party....always....your not alone..believe me.  I'll be late for my own funeral!

Actually, I had thought about it and it will keep me in knowing that Cinnamon and Balsam is Cabin Fever, and so on......Funny you should mention that...

There really is no rhyme or reason how I came up with names and telling the actual scent underneath the name.  I just wanted to be different.  It might also for the ones who don't want to pick up a candle without the actual scent name on the candle make them pickup the candle and smell it....No biggy....

Ians.....no reason in paranthesis....just thought it popped more and looked better?

Hi Coffeebean!  Actually I was going to name a candle "Cabin in the Woods", but thought it was too common a name so went with Cabin Fever....but then I've heard that name b/4 too! ha...I actually was going to do a Hollyberry as I love the Hollyberry from Just Scent..Thankyou for giving me a heads up on that one!   

Trappeur