For this round of testing, I used Eco10 wicks in 6 oz tins. I'm getting a cauliflower wick and a ring of wax left around the top after my initial 2 hour and 3 hour burn. Should I try I higher number wick (12 or 14) or smaller number (8) in my next round of testing?

How much fragrance are you using? If it were me, I would knock out both a size lower and a size higher in the next testing that way you don't have to wait and see if the first one you try works or not. You can test them both and go from there. I would do the ECO 12 and the ECO 8. 

Thank you so much for any help! I'm still pretty new at this and trying to figure things out. My candles smell good, but I want them to be pretty as well. 

GB464

ECO10 wick

10% FO load

The first photo with the whitest wax was after the initial 2 hour burn. You will see the cauliflower wick and wax that was left up on the sides of the tin. I trimmed the wick and started a 3 hour burn. The last three are during and after that subsequent 3 hour burn I did last night when someone suggested pictures. Of course I didn't end up with a cauliflower wick, so maybe that corrected itself with time. What's driving me crazy is the wax around the edges. It seems to burning a deep pool, not an even shallow pool. My wick may not be perfectly centered, but this happened with my last batch as well where the wick was perfectly in the middle. I'm not getting frosting or tunneling, just that darn messy wax ring. 

If ECO isn't a good choice for 6 oz tin, are there suggestions for another type? I don't mind buying others to test, but would like to stick with one provider that offers multiple types due to shipping costs. Are 8 oz tins easier to work with?

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG