I started making candles this past summer of 2017. I started to keep financial records in January. Year to date (starting Jan. 1) I figure my percentage of freight costs is about 12% of the total I've spent. The total includes everything, items that had freight charges, items that had free shipping or that I bought at retail stores. 12% seems a little high to me. Is it?:unsure:

12% seems pretty low to me. I'm happy when I can get shipping under 25% the total cost of my order. With the places that I pick up from and others that offer shipping deals, I'd estimate my total freight costs at around 15%. But that's just an estimate.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Quentin said:

The total includes everything, items that had freight charges, items that had free shipping or that I bought at retail stores.

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

12% seems pretty low to me. I'm happy when I can get shipping under 25% the total cost of my order. With the places that I pick up from and others that offer shipping deals, I'd estimate my total freight costs at around 15%. But that's just an estimate.

Thanks. Glad to hear that I'm somewhat in line.:smile:

I agree with Sarah that 12% of total freight costs ytd is super low. I think when I did my end of year cost estimates in 2016 and 2017 (when I had to start shipping EVERYTHING because Peak screwed so many of us) my total shipping was somewhere around 20-25 % total cost. (If I'm remembering right - I'd have to look at my actual balance sheets to know for sure and they are at home with my financials) 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I agree with Sarah that 12% of total freight costs ytd is super low.

Thanks, good to know my stuff is going in the right direction.:yay: