Wax Tart Warmers

ncraiders

I am curious on what type of tart warmers people on here use for palm wax tarts.  I am looking to get a tart warmer for my room and am not sure what type would be best for palm wax melts.

Any info is appreciated. 

I like the light bulb warmers for any wax.  I feel safer with them over the hot plate type.  I've used both the outlet plug in small burner and the larger burners.  I love the mason jar warmer but the metal dishes get hot  which is a downfall for me.  Glass or ceramic dishes I really like better than tin or metal.

• Like 1

I like my hot plate warmer the best. That baby melts anything, and I bet the throw would be great with palm wax. I have a BHG warmer from Walmart that works well and looks beautiful (it's all glass), but the bowl is small so it doesn't hold much wax.

I have one from Scentsy that's not good at all, it only melts tarts made from super soft container wax.

Not sure how hot the Edison bulbs get, for palm you may want a plate warmer. I got mine from the grocery store in the air freshener and laundry aisle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I like my hot plate warmer the best. That baby melts anything, and I bet the throw would be great with palm wax. I have a BHG warmer from Walmart that works well and looks beautiful (it's all glass), but the bowl is small so it doesn't hold much wax.

I have one from Scentsy that's not good at all, it only melts tarts made from super soft container wax.

Not sure how hot the Edison bulbs get, for palm you may want a plate warmer. I got mine from the grocery store in the air freshener and laundry aisle.

I always forget that Walmart has the warmers in 2 separate areas at my local store.  we have candles in the front of the store and air fresheners in the back and both areas have warmers.  So next trip there i will look at both areas again.

Test a couple of palm tarts i made in a BHG ceramic wax warmer with a 25w bulb that my dad had and it couldn't even keep my palm tarts melted. As well as hardly throwing any scent at all.  going to the store later on today and will look at other warmers but not liking the fact that  these tarts are that picky.  Tho this is also a pure pillar wax as well.

Some companies manufacture their warmers to go with their wax. Think scentsy.  Scentsationals and BHG, i think, are the same way...designed to go with a low melt point paraffin wax.

Those warmers tend to melt the wax to around 150 to 155 degrees. Palm wax needs 170 or better to fully release scent. The hotter the better. 

Unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time how hot the warmer will get the wax. You can use a thermometer in the melted wax to see how hot your warmer is getting your wax. 

I use, and sell, warmers by candlewarmers. All i have tried so far get plenty hot enough. But, I've never seen them sold in stores. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2018 at 1:59 PM, Sebleo said:

Some companies manufacture their warmers to go with their wax. Think scentsy.  Scentsationals and BHG, i think, are the same way...designed to go with a low melt point paraffin wax.

Those warmers tend to melt the wax to around 150 to 155 degrees. Palm wax needs 170 or better to fully release scent. The hotter the better. 

Unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time how hot the warmer will get the wax. You can use a thermometer in the melted wax to see how hot your warmer is getting your wax. 

I use, and sell, warmers by candlewarmers. All i have tried so far get plenty hot enough. But, I've never seen them sold in stores. 

@Sebleo I was able to buy warmers made by candlewarmers from our local kmart, and they had it on clearance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, Sarah S said:

You can buy a 25 watt bulb for the Scentsy and it will melt paraffin with ease. Never tried palm wax yet. Never used it before. It does void watranty lol but I bought mine cheap from yard sales so I don't have a warranty anyway. Also a lot of places don't honor warranties. I don't even like Scentsy wax. I believe it is just a low melt paraffin with not much scent.