Best Black Ice

Belinda

Who has the best Black Ice?

This is a big seller for me and I need to order more so just wondering who has the best in y'all's opinion. I usually order from Texas Candle Supply but would order from another place if they have a better one. I don't know what the original smells like so I can't compare.

Thanks!

My hubby loves that scent for his vehicle & was buying those scented trees constantly.  I ordered Flaming's version & he thinks it is pretty close to identical.  He uses it to freshen up his tree from time to time.  I haven't put any in wax though.

Hi Neighbor, The Candlesource has a strong Black ice ,lol.This scent ran my whole family out of the house during my testing phase. We do not care for masculine type scents lol.Its a good one thou .TCS also has a strong Mid Summer Night a Yankee dupe .This is another one that is super strong .Both scents are great for masculine scent fans .I have learned not to pour just what I like lol. I remember you liking some from TCS ,so thought I would let you know my experience with his Black Ice 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Hi Neighbor, The Candlesource has a strong Black ice ,lol.This scent ran my whole family out of the house during my testing phase. We do not care for masculine type scents lol.Its a good one thou .TCS also has a strong Mid Summer Night a Yankee dupe .This is another one that is super strong .Both scents are great for masculine scent fans .I have learned not to pour just what I like lol. I remember you liking some from TCS ,so thought I would let you know my experience with his Black Ice 😀

Thanks! I actually think I ordered some of theirs before and liked it. I'm glad you reminded me!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 4:58 PM, Belinda said:

Thanks! I actually think I ordered some of theirs before and liked it. I'm glad you reminded me!

What company do you recommend for the aroma beads ? I see Aztec has some bad reviews of these smelling like vinegar .

Belinda,

What does Black Ice smell like to you?  I had a customer request it (a man) and I immediately thought perfume smell, haven't really looked it up because so many times it just says dupe.  I really can't handle perfume at all even have a hard time pouring pink sugar.

Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Belinda,

What does Black Ice smell like to you?  I had a customer request it (a man) and I immediately thought perfume smell, haven't really looked it up because so many times it just says dupe.  I really can't handle perfume at all even have a hard time pouring pink sugar.

Thanks!

My two cents to answer your question. Black ice is musky, mossy,woodsy & a splash of straight up lavender. This scent is very masculine Imo. I do not like the scent ,however many customers that love masculine types certainly love this one .The Candlesource has a perfect dupe of this scent. It is similar to Yankees Mid summer Night ,reminds me of a strong men's cologne .Hope this helps .Kcrazy if you gag on Pink sugar lol this one certainly would not be one of your favorites .I pour this scent for customers ,along with Mid S night. I cannot stand MSN ,my daughter makes me pour this for her alot .Yuck puck gag for me lol. I get thru it & fill my office with room spray fast ,kinda nauseating for me . Black ice is super strong & a masculine/perfumey  outdoorsy scent . I do sell alot of this one & MSN . Hope this helps 😀

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, kandlekrazy said:

Belinda,

Thanks!

I agree with Katmeltswax. It's a very strong masculine cologne scent. I'm not crazy about it but it's one of my top sellers in aroma beads.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 8:09 AM, katmeltswax said:

What company do you recommend for the aroma beads ? I see Aztec has some bad reviews of these smelling like vinegar .

@katmeltswax, I'm having a terrible time finding good beads. I was buying from aroma beads online and they were great. A few months ago they changed to Prime beads and I've had nothing but trouble. They claim it's not the beads that they are the "best" but I have to disagree. I have some from Cajun's that are pretty good, however they are the bigger beads if that makes sense. They take longer to soak up scent and you have to bake them longer but I'm ok with that as long as they handle scent well and don't fall apart on me like the Prime beads are doing.  I'm having trouble with Prime beads not melting in the middle but around the edges and the owners of Aroma beads online say it's the humidity during the summer etc. but I never had this problem before. 

Bitter Creak North has good beads but they are higher and shipping cost is high to me. I have used their beads though and they worked great, unless they've also switched to Prime. I don't know though because I haven't bought from them in awhile.

I have some beads coming in from NG to compare to Cajun's beads so I'll let you know how theirs do. Funny thing is I've used Cajun's, Aztec's and NG's and settled for Aroma beads online because of them being superior to the others, then they went and changed on me and they are terrible in my opinion. 

Hope this helps you! I'm sorry I wasn't more help than this though. 

If you find some good beads please let me know!

I've used Aztec's, NG, BC, and .... RE? I think? I like NG's the best, BC second. I wasn't impressed with Aztec's. They do have a strong vinegar smell, but it goes away when you add the FO. But I've been having problems with the beads sticking to my cookie cutters, and it's only happened with Aztec's beads, so I'm sticking with NG's.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I've used Aztec's, NG, BC, and .... RE? I think? I like NG's the best, BC second. I wasn't impressed with Aztec's. They do have a strong vinegar smell, but it goes away when you add the FO. But I've been having problems with the beads sticking to my cookie cutters, and it's only happened with Aztec's beads, so I'm sticking with NG's.

I spray my cutters with Pam non stick cooking spray before filling .This really works great & no sticking ,easy to remove the beads after cooled 😀 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, franu61 said:

@Belinda I am sorry to hear that aroma beads changed theirs.  They were my favorite also.  Gonna have to find a new supplier.  I have used cajun's but prefer the smaller ones. Please let me know how you like NG's.

I'll defiantly let you know! I just got the NG beads in today. Plan to soak some this evening and see how they do. I've used them before but just can't remember how they compared to the smaller beads. 

On 6/9/2018 at 8:09 AM, katmeltswax said:

I talked to someone who makes plastic pellets and according to them they are supposed to smell this way. My problem with Aztec is they aren’t holding scent. Literally lasting a day in a car! Cajun must have switched to the same beads because my last order from them did the same! I emailed Them today and asked if they have switched their beads. I have No idea what is going on but i have Been having heck! There is one lady in my area who is having wild success with her fresheners but she won’t tell anyone where she’s getting her beads. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

I talked to someone who makes plastic pellets and according to them they are supposed to smell this way. My problem with Aztec is they aren’t holding scent. Literally lasting a day in a car! Cajun must have switched to the same beads because my last order from them did the same! I emailed Them today and asked if they have switched their beads. I have No idea what is going on but i have Been having heck! There is one lady in my area who is having wild success with her fresheners but she won’t tell anyone where she’s getting her beads. 

Have you tried the beads from Candles& Supplies ? I am thinking about purchasing some from them .It's a shame to order 10lbs & then have them fail ,waste of our $ .

I havent Tried those. Yah it is a waste. That’s why i ordered 3 pounds to try from Cajun and was really happy. Then I placed An order for 25 pounds and they were different beads! Very disappointed and it is such a waste of money!! 

40 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

I havent Tried those. Yah it is a waste. That’s why i ordered 3 pounds to try from Cajun and was really happy. Then I placed An order for 25 pounds and they were different beads! Very disappointed and it is such a waste of money!! 

So the 3 pounds were good & the 25 turned out bad .I would demand a refund . That's awful & I think they should refund you fully . These companies need to care about Customer service a hek of a lot more than they do lately .I am Leary to purchase a large bag now for sure darn it .

3 hours ago, Skk5233 said:

I emailed them today and asked if they had changed beads and told them what happened. I will also leave a bad review for sure!

They really should refund your money.I do not blame you for leaving a bad review .I would also leave one regarding Customer service as well .

On 6/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, Skk5233 said:

I emailed them today and asked if they had changed beads and told them what happened. I will also leave a bad review for sure!

Did you hear back from Cajun yet? I have some of their beads that I need to bake that I ordered after my last 10 pound bag turned out better than the ones from Aroma Beads. I'm hoping they last but if you're having trouble with them then I won't order anymore from them for sure.

I'm just at my wits end about these stinking beads! I don't know why they had to go and change. It seems someone even mentioned having trouble with the ones from Southwest too. I think it was a private message from someone in the group of Aroma Beads on facebook. 

Yes my large order of beads from Cajun appears to be the same beads as Aztec which suck! They are not lasting at all! The only scents that last with them are my usual two extremely strong scents, Black Cherry and cinnamon. I am Using my order from NG right now and will be ordering from BC again even though they are a bit more expensive. I’m just thrown for a loop here. There are only so many places to order from unless we go an unconventional route like an industrial bead meant for oil spills or something but i dont Know their heat resistance 

2 hours ago, Skk5233 said:

Yes my large order of beads from Cajun appears to be the same beads as Aztec which suck! They are not lasting at all! The only scents that last with them are my usual two extremely strong scents, Black Cherry and cinnamon. I am Using my order from NG right now and will be ordering from BC again even though they are a bit more expensive. I’m just thrown for a loop here. There are only so many places to order from unless we go an unconventional route like an industrial bead meant for oil spills or something but i dont Know their heat resistance 

Did Cajun say they had changed their beads? I'm just so frustrated as I know you are. This is ridiculous for sure!

Have you ever tried C&S beads? I haven't but I'm just wondering how they are. 

Let me know what your thoughts are on BC beads. I liked them a lot when I used them but Aroma beads were so much cheaper and quicker for me to get and seemed to be the same as BC so I quit ordering from them.