Fragrance Buddy + WSP Big Memorial Day Sale

katmeltswax

15 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I got some of my EAP oils today, but I just got around to opening the box.  I'll put these in product next week and see how they do.  The labels are super plain, just the FO name and a bar code, which is a bit strange.  Anyway, I got:
Welcome Home - not a fan at all, but it is strong.  I have a feeling it will change in wax.  I hope.  It's pungent.
Bamboo Rain - appears to be a good bamboo OOB.  Nothing overly exciting.
Birthday Cake - it's definitely birthday cake.  I can't complain.
Juniper & Aloe - this one is very nice.  I'm soaping it ASAP.

I'm waiting on Pumpkin Caramel and Gardenberry.

I needed some birthday cake for a custom candle blend so I also ordered it.  I'm glad you like Juniper and Aloe because I ordered it too, as well as Pumpkin Caramel.  Haven't received any yet, but at least they've been shipped.

8 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I will not go to these sites, I will not go to these sites, I will not go to these sites.

Hope my chant works, you are all ENABLERS! 😀

Lol I know it's just awful finding new suppliers & resistance to our regular suppliers during sales near impossible . I to found myself wanting to order from this EAP innovation co. I noticed they do not have many oils & most are in clearance for $10 a pound .I will wait & see how these work out from the other 2 enablers lol...I have done enough damage with FB & WSP over the weekend .I also have a pending order from Oregan Trails ,this one I just have to try ,so many hard to find fragrances .It's so easy to find a excuse to order right .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, Sea Witch is definitely an ocean smell.  I really like it. Except for the name.  First I renamed it Ocean Mist or something like that, then I named it Mendocino Bay because that place is special to me.  (In Northern California.)  

I like all ocean smells, and this is one of the best I think. I just went and sniffed it and seems like you can really smell the salty sea air.  Although I have little experience smelling salty sea air.  I live in central Indiana.  :)

I made Seaside from Nature's Garden today, and I like it too.  Their description says it has fruit in it, but I don't smell any.  I am not so good at describing fragrances, but I think Sea Witch smells a little more 'oceany' than Seaside.

Gail ,If you love STRONG salty air scents , definitely try Flamings Sea Salt Blossom .This stuff will fill up the whole house & the neighbors can smell it across the street when I pour this one .Lol seriously super strong scent & very salty .Sorry to enable again ,just had to tell you about this one. This scent is great for customers that prefer Super duper STRONG aromas 😀

3 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail ,If you love STRONG salty air scents , definitely try Flamings Sea Salt Blossom .This stuff will fill up the whole house & the neighbors can smell it across the street when I pour this one .Lol seriously super strong scent & very salty .Sorry to enable again ,just had to tell you about this one. This scent is great for customers that prefer Super duper STRONG aromas 😀

I order jars from Flaming Candle, so next time I need some I will keep Sea Salt Blossom in mind.  I have only bought 4 kinds of FO from them so far.  I just have to buy at least one pound of fragrance oil when I buy jars, because just getting a shipment of jars is boring.

So far I have bought Chai, Lemon Verbena, Redwood and Cedar and Vanilla Bean Noel.  I like them all.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I will not go to these sites, I will not go to these sites, I will not go to these sites.

Hope my chant works, you are all ENABLERS! 😀

I haven't been to FB's site all day.  :)  I think I've successfully talked myself of ordering this time.  There will be other sales.  But don't hold me to that.  :)

I could give you a long list of FO's I have that I haven't put in wax yet.  Plus I always need to make more of what the customers want.  Plus, I have samples from other companies that I love and want to order one of these days.  

• Like 2

Gail you have Amazing  will power . I  did good & stuck to just the ones I needed + only a few new scents lol...I have to try Sea Witch ,so got that one . I grabbed my $100 worth & got out off the site fast. This fragrance oil collecting  is worse than trying to stay on a darn diet  kwim.It takes will power & determination to stay away right .Hey at least we are making a few dollars along the way lol..Your absolutely right,more sales will follow always .

• Like 1

I am not getting on any fragrance site atm.  i don't need to buy more sample oils.  I don't make anything off my hobby other than candles that i know what is in.  It would be nice to make some money selling some candles but that is a long ways off i need to get my wax down first and that is gonna take a while.

My wax order from EAP is already on it's way, just placed my FB order, and now on my way over to WSP for a "few" things ;) 
Good thing I'm doing the flea markets over the summer... selling my antiques & farmhouse wares...AKA- cashing in my Hillbilly 401K :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chevcher said:

My wax order from EAP is already on it's way, just placed my FB order, and now on my way over to WSP for a "few" things ;) 
Good thing I'm doing the flea markets over the summer... selling my antiques & farmhouse wares...AKA- cashing in my Hillbilly 401K :D 

I've been investing in the same 401K 🙃

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail you have Amazing  will power . I  did good & stuck to just the ones I needed + only a few new scents lol...I have to try Sea Witch ,so got that one . I grabbed my $100 worth & got out off the site fast. This fragrance oil collecting  is worse than trying to stay on a darn diet  kwim.It takes will power & determination to stay away right .Hey at least we are making a few dollars along the way lol..Your absolutely right,more sales will follow always .

I was looking for a certain bottle of fragrance oil today and guess what I found?  I totally forgot that I had bought a pound of Bayside Marina from Aztec the last time I ordered from them.  So I don't need any more Sea Witch yet, until I use the rest of what I have, plus the rest of Seaside from NG, plus a whole bottle of Bayside Marina.  :)  That one is another ocean favorite of mine but I had been out for awhile.

Yay me!  I didn't order.  Instead I ordered 3 dresses online.  Bedford Fair and all the rest of the women's clothing catalogs also have sales on Memorial Day.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GailC said:

I was looking for a certain bottle of fragrance oil today and guess what I found?  I totally forgot that I had bought a pound of Bayside Marina from Aztec the last time I ordered from them.  So I don't need any more Sea Witch yet, until I use the rest of what I have, plus the rest of Seaside from NG, plus a whole bottle of Bayside Marina.  :)  That one is another ocean favorite of mine but I had been out for awhile.

Yay me!  I didn't order.  Instead I ordered 3 dresses online.  Bedford Fair and all the rest of the women's clothing catalogs also have sales on Memorial Day.  :)

Happy to hear you bought some dresses for yourself 😀

I have used Aztec Bayside marina ,love this one.Does FB Sea Witch have a similar aroma of this one ? Gail you can always catch the next FB sale & thinking maybe July 4th will be more great sales from FB. 

7 hours ago, GailC said:

lol, lol.....oh my gosh.....you crack me up Gail!....so now no oils but 3 dresses to make up for the loss of the oils you almost ordered...lol

Trappeur

• Haha 1

Well I'm figuring up an order for Fragrance Buddy to get the free shipping.....

So far I have:

Cinnamon Broom....I have to have that for my regular stores

Cinnamon Pumpkin Souffle

Cinnamon Red hots

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

PPW

Christmas Cabin....oh my does the description sound so ever nice..."Fir needles, orange spice and other spices"

Apple Cider

Coconut Milk....I've been eyeing this type fragrance for such a long long time....I imagine it must be pretty light I'm thinking...wonder if anyone has ever tried it?

Cranberry Apple Marmalade....

Geesh I've only gotten to the C's and it's 11:30 right now and I only have 1/2 hour b/4 the sale ends...Might have to change some of these things to 8ouncers as I'm only spending 100.00 that I don't have....darn, darn!...but free shipping when I hit 100.00!

Trappeur

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Happy to hear you bought some dresses for yourself 😀

I have used Aztec Bayside marina ,love this one.Does FB Sea Witch have a similar aroma of this one ? Gail you can always catch the next FB sale & thinking maybe July 4th will be more great sales from FB. 

Oh dear, it's not that long until the 4th of July, you mean I have to go through all this again?  :) I still won't need anything by then.

Bayside Marina is nothing like Sea Witch.  If you read the scent description, there are a lot more notes, like grapefruit and agave nectar.  It's more like NG's Seaside.  Sea Witch is just the ocean, salty sea air.

• Like 1

Yep, I just made it by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

Here is what I got besides what I said in my above post.

I put up the descriptions also.

Silk:
Compare to American Cream Lushcanstockphoto31678955.jpg
Made for soaps sweet Cream with Light Musk

Island Nectar:

Sweet FResh Tropical Fruits with hints of vanilla

Mulled Cider

Mulled Cider makes you think of warm cup by the fire
Good Candle Fragrance Apple and spice

Vanilla Showers

Compared to Vanillary by Lush
This fragrance has notes of vanilla, tonka bean and jasmine.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Souffle

Fragrance smells of sweet cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg and hints of ginger covered in a brown sugar crust.

Cinnamon Red Hots

Sweet Cinnamon Candy
Works great in wax and simmer pots

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

Very strong caramel scent, it captures the best of fall with a fresh pumpkin twist. Super sweet and spicy

PPW

Pumpkin Pecan waffles, maple syrup and brown sugar

Spiced Pumpkin Cider

This takes a great apple cider and mixes it with pumpkin and spices. Very nice combination. 

Apple Cider

Crisp, juicy apples with just a hint of spice.

Christmas Cabin

This is a traditional blend of holiday smells
Fresh Fir Needles, Orange spice with cinnamon on a base of Cedar

Coconut Milk

COCONUT MILK by Peak® Type Fragrance
Rich Creamy Coconut odor

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

CRANBERRY APPLE MARMALADE by Peak® Type Fragranc
A complex belend of fresh apples, peaches, oranges, cranberries, cloves, sweet cinnamon and vanilla spice. 

Vanilla Bean Nectarine

VANILLA BEAN NECTARINE by Peak® Type Fragrance
Vanilla Bean Nectarine has notes of tangy oranges and nectarines, balanced by smooth vanilla and creamy coconut. 

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

@Trappeur, ooh all your selections sound wonderful!

The only one on your list that I have bought is Cinnamon Broom.  My granddaughter loves this one.

If I had ordered, I was going to get Caramel Pumpkin Swirl.  I will one of these days.

Let me know what you think of Vanilla Bean Nectarine when you get it.....it sounds so good!

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yep, I just made it by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

Here is what I got besides what I said in my above post.

I put up the descriptions also.

Silk:
Compare to American Cream Lushcanstockphoto31678955.jpg
Made for soaps sweet Cream with Light Musk

Island Nectar:

Sweet FResh Tropical Fruits with hints of vanilla

Mulled Cider

Mulled Cider makes you think of warm cup by the fire
Good Candle Fragrance Apple and spice

Vanilla Showers

Compared to Vanillary by Lush
This fragrance has notes of vanilla, tonka bean and jasmine.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Souffle

Fragrance smells of sweet cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg and hints of ginger covered in a brown sugar crust.

Cinnamon Red Hots

Sweet Cinnamon Candy
Works great in wax and simmer pots

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

Very strong caramel scent, it captures the best of fall with a fresh pumpkin twist. Super sweet and spicy

PPW

Pumpkin Pecan waffles, maple syrup and brown sugar

Spiced Pumpkin Cider

This takes a great apple cider and mixes it with pumpkin and spices. Very nice combination. 

Apple Cider

Crisp, juicy apples with just a hint of spice.

Christmas Cabin

This is a traditional blend of holiday smells
Fresh Fir Needles, Orange spice with cinnamon on a base of Cedar

Coconut Milk

COCONUT MILK by Peak® Type Fragrance
Rich Creamy Coconut odor

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

CRANBERRY APPLE MARMALADE by Peak® Type Fragranc
A complex belend of fresh apples, peaches, oranges, cranberries, cloves, sweet cinnamon and vanilla spice. 

Vanilla Bean Nectarine

VANILLA BEAN NECTARINE by Peak® Type Fragrance
Vanilla Bean Nectarine has notes of tangy oranges and nectarines, balanced by smooth vanilla and creamy coconut. 

Trapp ,you sure grabbed some good ones . I took a chance on  This Old House ,sounds so good .I also grabbed Pumpkin Cider along with my regulars I was getting low on. I thought I would try a couple of Fall scents early this year .I think you made some great scent choices Vanilla bean Nectarine is wonderful .Lol Vanillary I cannot stand .It's on my most horrible scent list,maybe I received a bad batch years ago idk.Let me know your opinion when you try this one .American cream sounds awesome. I look forward to your reviews.Pretty sure FB has a July 4th sale as well. 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:25 AM, GailC said:

Oh dear, it's not that long until the 4th of July, you mean I have to go through all this again?  :) I still won't need anything by then.

Bayside Marina is nothing like Sea Witch.  If you read the scent description, there are a lot more notes, like grapefruit and agave nectar.  It's more like NG's Seaside.  Sea Witch is just the ocean, salty sea air.

Gail ,I received my FB order so promptly.Thank you so much for the Sea Witch referral. I LOVE this scent ,great for summer. This is my first choice to put into the wax. I picked up my regulars & a few I wanted to try .I also like This old House oob,smells like a warm apple cider scent. Love Sea witch !

😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail ,I received my FB order so promptly.Thank you so much for the Sea Witch referral. I LOVE this scent ,great for summer. This is my first choice to put into the wax. I picked up my regulars & a few I wanted to try .I also like This old House oob,smells like a warm apple cider scent. Love Sea witch !

😀

I'm glad you like Sea Witch.  I have This Old House, but have never used it.  There is something about it I don't much like OOB, like a smoky smell or something.  But I should give it a chance and put it in wax.  What else did you get?

I did get 3 new close out (cheap!) FO's from EAP when I ordered wax.  Finally got my order a couple of days ago, and I like them all OOB.  Birthday Cake is nice and strong, Caramel Pumpkin is yummy, and  Juniper & Aloe is nice too.  I was afraid to order more, because sometimes you get what you pay for.

I have 3 FO's in my cart at Rustic Escentuals  I really want to order.  No sale, no free shipping, but sometimes you just want what you want.  :)  It never ends.  The struggle is real.  :) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GailC said:

I'm glad you like Sea Witch.  I have This Old House, but have never used it.  There is something about it I don't much like OOB, like a smoky smell or something.  But I should give it a chance and put it in wax.  What else did you get?

I did get 3 new close out (cheap!) FO's from EAP when I ordered wax.  Finally got my order a couple of days ago, and I like them all OOB.  Birthday Cake is nice and strong, Caramel Pumpkin is yummy, and  Juniper & Aloe is nice too.  I was afraid to order more, because sometimes you get what you pay for.

I have 3 FO's in my cart at Rustic Escentuals  I really want to order.  No sale, no free shipping, but sometimes you just want what you want.  :)  It never ends.  The struggle is real.  :) 

Yes love Sea witch ,so unique & strong OOB.I ordered some of my regulars Fairy Garden, Mulberry, Dreamsicle, Jelly Bean, Pink Chiffon, Beach, PPW .The new ones I got Tomato vine,Pumpkin Cider, This old House ,Banana nut bread ,Sea witch ,Mango peach Salsa,Bird of Paradise.The banana nut bread is Moonworks type ,so hope to get great throw with this one.I have yet to find a good Banana nut bread scent,hoping for the best in my wax on this one. I like all oob on the new ones I ordered.The tomato vine smells very nice oob .Gosh I looked at EAP & never paid for the ones in my cart lol, you have me tempted once again to try the ones you purchased.The Juniper aloe sounds really nice .I use Aztecs BD Cake & for some reason it is a huge seller ,kinda stinks to me lol. I have tried other BD cakes & none as strong as Aztecs,for me anyways ...Think I will give EAP a try ,knowing this will disappear soon idk if I should or not .I filled my cart a couple weeks ago I & did not check out .Lol I am so slow at making final decisions on  on Fragrance  oils .Maybe I should just grab a few pounds of the Juniper aloe & Pumpkin caramel right ,2 or 3 pounds of each should last a long while. Did you get the Cierra email on clearance scents ? Sorry to enable on this sale , great bargains on some of their clearance oils .I have only used a few from Cierra in the past ,very few , not wanting to add another supplier .I already jumped in on Oregan Trails  .I was late getting this order to my final decisions .I am curious what you ordered from RE? I have managed to stay way from this company ,so far. .I know I will be totally sucked in , should I ever place my first order lol .This oil addiction has gotten out of hand lately ,so very hard to stay away from great sales . I do like FB This old House oob .It has a apple pie ,apple cider scent in the background of the old house smell .Kinda like sitting in Granny's old farmhouse with a slice of  Apple pie & a splash of cider .It has just the right mount of bakery apple to tone down the musky background .I do think this one has some vanilla notes as well .I will look at the description. I did not mean to write you a book Gail ,lol I start writing  & sometimes I do not realize just how long I carry on .Oh forgot to say ,I purchased a few of Peaks type during FB sale ,only samples to test first 😀

@katmeltswax, don't apologize for your long response.  I love to talk about fragrance oils to anyone who will listen. :)  And hear what others have to sat about the FO's they like and don't like.  I can help you resist EAP.  Looks like they are out of Juniper and Aloe. Wasn't in the close outs any more and I did a search and came up with nothing.  Too bad I didn't get the description.  They are having another sale.  :)  Here are the details. You have to place a large order though

Free Shipping for all orders over $150! (see below for exclusions)

Enter promo code "summer18" to receive this special promotion.

* Some exclusions apply
* Not valid for "special order" items
* Not valid for pre-existing orders
* Valid for WEB orders only
* Limit 1 use per customer
* Offer expires at midnight on Monday June 4th, 2018

OR

Enter promo code "june18" to receive 15% off your total purchase for orders greater than $100. 
* Valid for WEB orders only
* Not valid for pre-existing orders
* Limit 4 uses per customer
* Offer expires on June 21st, 2018

I did get Cierra's email, but I didn't see any specials on FO's, so I didn't know what they were referring to.  Just the half off soap molds.  I will look again.  But I don't NEED anything from there.

I need more Spiced Pumpkin Latte from RE, and I'm almost out of Caramel Café.  Those are both wonderful coffee fragrances.   I got samples of Caribbean Day Spa and Tuscan Fields last fall, and loved both of them.  They are in my cart, but I haven't ordered yet.  I also love the sample of Danish Butter Cookie I have but I still have lots of Cookie FO's.

RE doesn't have great sales like Aztec and FB and their FO's are more pricey.  I am a cheapskate so mostly order their $17.95 Fragrances. Still more than I usually pay, but the scents I like are worth it.  Like Baked Apple (Home Interiors type), and Da Lime in Da Coconut.  I bought that one mostly because of the name.  :)  Celtic Moonspice is good too.  I have bought others there I like but they didn't 'blow me away' so I probably won't reorder.  

• Like 1

Testing EAP FO's in wax, and here's what I got:

Birthday Cake - strong HT in 4630.  Typical of other Birthday Cake FOs.
Welcome Home - more palatable in wax, thank goodness.  Hated it OOB.  It's fruity and bakery...like a pie, sans spicy.  It's growing on me, will sell here for sure.  Strong HT in 4630.  Very dark oil, which sucks b/c I don't use dye and it looks kinda gross.  Oh well.
Gardenberry - I poured in gg palm.  Strong HT.  This is a strong herbal, I'm not getting berry. I smell violet, maybe a bit of sage.  This won't appeal to my customers, but it will be a nice herbal for blending. 

Pumpkin Caramel - I'm gonna like this one. More straight pumpkin than a spicy pumpkin. Haven't burned, strong CT.

Bamboo Rain - strong in 4630.  Mostly like other bamboos.  Better than some.  

For what it's worth, I bought these off Amazon, not the EAP website. The FO"s were $19.99 shipped with Prime, buy one get one free.  So 2# shipped for $19.99. That promotion is over now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

Testing EAP FO's in wax, and here's what I got:

Birthday Cake - strong HT in 4630.  Typical of other Birthday Cake FOs.
Welcome Home - more palatable in wax, thank goodness.  Hated it OOB.  It's fruity and bakery...like a pie, sans spicy.  It's growing on me, will sell here for sure.  Strong HT in 4630.  Very dark oil, which sucks b/c I don't use dye and it looks kinda gross.  Oh well.
Gardenberry - I poured in gg palm.  Strong HT.  This is a strong herbal, I'm not getting berry. I smell violet, maybe a bit of sage.  This won't appeal to my customers, but it will be a nice herbal for blending. 

Pumpkin Caramel - I'm gonna like this one. More straight pumpkin than a spicy pumpkin. Haven't burned, strong CT.

Bamboo Rain - strong in 4630.  Mostly like other bamboos.  Better than some.  

For what it's worth, I bought these off Amazon, not the EAP website. The FO"s were $19.99 shipped with Prime, buy one get one free.  So 2# shipped for $19.99. That promotion is over now.

Darn I missed the Prime deal ,what a bargain.I always forget to check Amazon for oils .I have heard of great deals found on this site .Thanks for the EAP review in the 4630 ,I happen to use this wax ,great tip so glad to hear your results 😀I would probably love the Gardenberry to blend with tomato vine or cool cucumber ,love the garden type aromas .Welcome home sounds like another one for me .I just received This old House from FB ,love this one oob,sounds similiar .Thank you for the review .